+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3448849;
    Here is something to ponder.

Two of Chris Harrison's tweets from yesterday ...

... On a serious note, the wife and I will be in the audience tonight supporting Mel and Gilles and promoting Bachelorette!

... congrats to Mel and Gilles, very proud of them. We had a blast celebrating back stage together last night. Happy for them and Shawn

IMO, he had to show support for Melissa ... that is a given ... but to Gilles?
    He plays soccer with Gilles.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3448660;
    And where did Melissa come from? ABC Bachelor. How was she promoted on the DWTS, the dumpee on ABC the Bachelor. How is she announced as a "star" ABC Bachelor. When has ABC ever said anything promoting Gilles on a ABC show. Gilles is the person who brought this to light.
    Not sure why my post was quoted. My post was about Season 1, nothing more.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3448524;
    Perhaps, but one thing for certain, in addition to acting, Gilles can dance.

Gilles is an actor. ABC is in the entertainment business. A deal between Gilles and ABC is reasonable.

Although I admit, I have no idea of her plans, I expect to see Shawn continue to compete in gymnastics while off to college, earn a degree, and perhaps a career in broadcast media if she so desires, because I think she can do that.

What does Melissa bring to the table other than Reality TV?
    George in the Red Carpet interviews this week asked each contestant what offers they were receiving as a result of the show. Gilles was coy, Melissa said she was going home then taking a vacation, but Shawn (though also coy) said there were some prospects on the table and she was reviewing them - including acting. It must be hard to resist all the knocks on the door for all of them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3448901;
    George in the Red Carpet interviews this week asked each contestant what offers they were receiving as a result of the show. Gilles was coy, Melissa said she was going home then taking a vacation, but Shawn (though also coy) said there were some prospects on the table and she was reviewing them - including acting. It must be hard to resist all the knocks on the door for all of them.
    That's interesting about Shawn. I remember now that she did a cameo appearance on some show on the ABC family channel a while back. Everybody is connected to ABC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3448849;
    IMO, he had to show support for Melissa ... that is a given ... but to Gilles?
    CH said in an interview that he feels like a father to both of them. He knows Mel from TB and plays soccer with G.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3446846;
    Just out of curiosity, can you look back and do the math on the week Chuck left and see how that worked out? Thanks!
    Sure. It seems to have been accurate that night, too. This was also when Mel didn't dance and was APPARENTLY in the bottom two.

Week 6:

% of total attempted votes on DI (ie., includes busy signals):

Mel = 46%
    Shawn = 17%
    TY = 14%
    Gilles = 11%
    LK = 6%
    Chuck = 5%
    Last edited by jcsorrels; 05-13-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: typo

FORT Regular

Re: 5/12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Can someone tell me where all these fan polls are? I have been on the internet all day looking at polls for DWTS and most of them only have a few hundred to a few thousand voting. I don't think that is very reliable considering that they have millions who vote each week. Also, I know dialidol is not very reliable. I'm just curious how we know by these polls who is voting for who on Monday night. Thanks! Maybe I just don't understand it.

FORT Regular

Cheyenne, I do not think any of the polls are very accurate, but because you asked, I just checked AOL, and they have Shawn as 1, Melissa 2, & Gilles 3.
    ABC is probably the only one who knows for sure what the fan base of each person is, and unfortunately for Shawn/Melissa fans, ABC's hand-picked judges seem to be in the tank for Gilles, which will surely improve the ratings for Brothers & Sisters.
    But still, I think this season of DWTS has been one of their most entertaining, and I'll be glad for any of the remaining 3 to win that priceless trophy.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SsnWard;3452763;
    Cheyenne, I do not think any of the polls are very accurate, but because you asked, I just checked AOL, and they have Shawn as 1, Melissa 2, & Gilles 3.
    ABC is probably the only one who knows for sure what the fan base of each person is, and unfortunately for Shawn/Melissa fans, ABC's hand-picked judges seem to be in the tank for Gilles, which will surely improve the ratings for Brothers & Sisters.
    But still, I think this season of DWTS has been one of their most entertaining, and I'll be glad for any of the remaining 3 to win that priceless trophy.
    Thank you! I know the AOL poll changes quite a few times a day. It goes back and forth between Shawn and Melissa. But I do know you can keep voting as much as you want there. I was just trying to figure out the polls. Numerous people say that based on these polls that Gilles/Melissa/Shawn fans have dropped off. Just may be people aren't voting on the internet. I know I don't. I wait until Monday night.

My 80 years old Dad watches DWTS with my Mom. While I was weeding for him today he was talking about the show. He said by the judges comments he thinks that guy (Gilles) is going to win. But he thinks the 2 littles girls are better. LOL You can see how much he is really interested. He doesn't even know their names.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ~Cheyenne~;3452804;
    Wow, you all notice everything. I have been watching every season and never have picked up on stuff like that. LOL I just vote who I think danced better that night. I will have to start noticing. I guess it's a little late in the season now though.
    The best poll, by far, is votenumber1.com. People are only allowed to vote once a day, they tally millions of votes, and the results this season have been dead on every week.

+ Reply to Thread