+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3448469;
    And the same set of circumstances could apply to Melissa. Judges now know Gilles has a place to go when this is over, so walla Melissa need the win to jump start her limelight career.
    I will be interested to see where she is 6 months/year from now.....
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

We have no idea what the stats are for online and text voting. It could be way different than DI.

And IMO if anyone is being promoted as f1 it's Mel. Lets not forget her previous ABC role. How many times have one of the judges told her she belongs in this comp. She is always placed behind the interviews in the red room. And if one being interviewed happens to move and stand in front of her, they move the cameras. The camera is always turned on her. How many times have they brought up the fake puplic dumping, the injury, etc. She was placed in b2 twice now. Was she bottom 2? who knows but I am sure it was a ploy to gain votes for her. JMO

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by InCBMP;3448440;
    My problem with the hypothesis that they care about who takes home the fugly trophy is I don't see a win for either the DWTS producers or ABC (who are not the same). With DWTS the F3 gets pretty much the same exposure as the F1. Regardless of their placing, all of the "stars" have benefited their careers (to varying degee's) by being on the show. If Gilles is F3 and ABC wants him to get more exposure on the talk-show circuit to promote his new project, they can still make this happen.

The rules state that you can't copy and paste a post from another site, and that is too bad because on the mother board there is a post from a former ABC/Disney employee. On a thread from a week ago where somebody threw out a thread called, "They already know who the winner is", this poster answered with a long post that explained how the producers go about attempting to shape the winner they want. Some of it we have already discussed on this board, and some of it was a bit of an eye-opener.

There were several things, most which point to Gilles, but some which point to Melissa. One of the things that she pointed out is that the producers will promote a contestant that promotes ABC; thus, for the first few segments, we heard Melissa connected with the Bachelor ( ABC show with upcoming offshoot, The Bachelorette).
    Now, we have Gilles with his connection to Brothers and Sisters, an ABC show - so according to what this poster said last week before the news came out about Gilles' new job, it points to Gilles as the new ABC promoter.

Just for fun, one of the other things she said that they do to promote a contestant/s is show a bad rehearsal ( the contestant is having so much difficulty, "I can't do this", "So and so is a slow learner/has a hard time remembering the steps and routine" which we hear from Cheryl and Gilles all the time) only to go out and do an excellent dance which leaves the immediate impression that they suddenly overcame all obstacles!

There really is considerable producer manipulation going on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3448481;
    I will be interested to see where she is 6 months/year from now.....

Melissa has been asked twice that I know about offers. Once she said there were none, and the second time she said she was going back to Texas and have some vacation time. At this point, Melissa is not in show biz. However, that is right now, so if something changes and she is offered something down the road, Melissa can not be accused of lying imo.

FORT Fanatic

I could be wrong but Gilles getting a B&S gig would be the biggest thing anyone has ever gotten from DWTS?? I mean Mario Lopez was runner-up but got a gig hosting Extra and some other dance show but that's not even in the same league as being on an ABC primetime show.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3448469;
    And the same set of circumstances could apply to Melissa. Judges now know Gilles has a place to go when this is over, so walla Melissa need the win to jump start her limelight career.

I see what you mean, but the difference is they have already used Melissa, first to bring more viewers to DWTS and now to promo the Bachelorette - they're probably done with her. But Gilles would be a great publicity prop for ABC and create interest in one of their newer shows B and S.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3448489;
    The rules state that you can't copy and paste a post from another site, and that is too bad because on the mother board there is a post from a former ABC/Disney employee. On a thread from a week ago where somebody threw out a thread called, "They already know who the winner is", this poster answered with a long post that explained how the producers go about attempting to shape the winner they want. Some of it we have already discussed on this board, and some of it was a bit of an eye-opener.

There were several things, most which point to Gilles, but some which point to Melissa. One of the things that she pointed out is that the producers will promote a contestant that promotes ABC; thus, for the first few segments, we heard Melissa connected with the Bachelor ( ABC show with upcoming offshoot, The Bachelorette).
    Now, we have Gilles with his connection to Brothers and Sisters, an ABC show - so according to what this poster said last week before the news came out about Gilles' new job, it points to Gilles as the new ABC promoter.

Just for fun, one of the other things she said that they do to promote a contestant/s is show a bad rehearsal ( the contestant is having so much difficulty, "I can't do this", "So and so is a slow learner/has a hard time remembering the steps and routine" which we hear from Cheryl and Gilles all the time) only to go out and do an excellent dance which leaves the immediate impression that they suddenly overcame all obstacles!

There really is considerable producer manipulation going on.
    That is so funny that you mentioned the bad rehearsal. I just saw a new interview with Gilles and Cheryl and he mentioned first that she had to work with someone who had "no dancing experience whatsoever" and then that he was "hard to teach and a slow learner". Guess they have their "talking points" down.

I find this discussion very interesting and am always up for a good conspiracy theory. Bloomers, I didn't realize that Warren was beating Brooke consistently in the fan vote last season, although I'm not surprised to hear it, because I also feared that he would win over her in the final (undeservingly IMO), and was happily surprised that he didn't.

If TPTB have no problem "choosing" the winner despite the vote, it seems clear to me that Gilles is the "chosen one". I have thought for a while that Shawn was untouchable in the fan vote, but it makes sense that a Gilles win would be more advantageous to the show for various reasons, just like a Brooke win was last season.

I think if Gilles is scored considerably higher than the ladies next week, as he was this week, it may indicate that they are setting it up for him to win, regardless of the voting.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3448504;
    I see what you mean, but the difference is they have already used Melissa, first to bring more viewers to DWTS and now to promo the Bachelorette - they're probably done with her. But Gilles would be a great publicity prop for ABC and create interest in one of their newer shows B and S.
    Cynically, but realistically, I think I have to agree with this assessment. You will notice that the judges repeatedly tell her she can't be a bad dancer; she is a beautiful dancer, etc., but it is obvious they don't want her to win!

On another board, a poster got a tweet from somebody at ET who said on Tuesday that Melissa and Tony were scared to death they were going to be voted off that night. That means they are seeing and feeling they same things we are saying.

Tony has been on this show for a long time; he knows how it works by now - so do the rest of them.

Just for fun, one of the other things she said that they do to promote a contestant/s is show a bad rehearsal ( the contestant is having so much difficulty, "I can't do this", So and so is a slow learner/has a hard time remembering the steps and routine) only to go out and do an excellent dance which leaves the immediate impression that they suddenly overcame all obstacles!
    This would describe each and every contestant on the show each and every week, we see all the difficulties the dancers have with routines in rehearsals and majority come out on dance night and do an excellent dance which leaves the immediate impressed that they overcame all obstacles. imo seems a generic statement by the person in the know.

+ Reply to Thread