+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/09 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Premium Member

Re: 3/09 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3377683;
    A video of post-show interviews is now on the DWTS page at ABC.com:

Dancing With The Stars - Home - ABC.com
    thanks ky-la, Surprised DAG or LT weren't interviewed. Boo.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3377683;
    A video of post-show interviews is now on the DWTS page at ABC.com:

Dancing With The Stars - Home - ABC.com
    I think I saw Alec in the background I wish they'd interview everyone and not just the same people. That also went to the Ballas Hough music video after it was done.

Unlike last season I think it's anyone's game to make the finals and win it all. I think it's easier to predict who will probably be among the first to go, but aside from Steve W., Holly, and Ty I think some of the others I'm thinking will make an early exit (Steve-O, LT, Denise) may last awhile. I'm up in the air about DAG and Belinda; I think it'll go either way for them. Shawn and Gilles will probably be in it for the long haul but something seems off about Shawn. Maybe it's just her age and height, even though she's a year younger than Cody was and not much younger than some of our pros.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Gilles Marini *fans face* be still my heart. Cheryl looks to have another win in her column if he can move from latin to waltz to quickstep with as much confidence. Melissa's ballet training came to the front with her graceful arms and spins and extensions. During their wait for the vote, Tony said he took all the ballet moves he could think of and placed a waltz around them. Good for him. By doing that he kept himself in the competition a while longer. Did you notice in their first separation that while she had a high arm movement, he looked like Rudy with his second position spin...way to go. I really hope they show a practice package with them next week. It will be interesting to see how he can get her to connect emotion to the dance - Salsa, right? Oh, final note on the Melissa phenomenon; the entertainment reporter on the local LA ABC station did a very short interview and Tony said they were already a Team. Melissa said, "I've got the nerves and he's got the strength." Then they both did a Hulk impression.

Shawna is adorable and moved gracefully with her partner. As someone mentioned, it will be interesting to see how "sexual" they go with her in the latin dances.

I was really surprised that Steve-O had some moves...I was expecting stiff and ungainly as other of the men proved to be. Poor Ty - he had friends in the audience and seized up with nerves. I hope he can loosen up and do better because Woz (another Steve) really did look like a tella tubbie - but, he did try...and that is what the first weeks are about, isn't it.

Okay - after laying off watching for a couple of years, I'm back.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3377688;
    Gilles Marini *fans face* be still my heart. Cheryl looks to have another win in her column if he can move from latin to waltz to quickstep with as much confidence. Melissa's ballet training came to the front with her graceful arms and spins and extensions. During their wait for the vote, Tony said he took all the ballet moves he could think of and placed a waltz around them. Good for him. By doing that he kept himself in the competition a while longer. Did you notice in their first separation that while she had a high arm movement, he looked like Rudy with his second position spin...way to go. I really hope they show a practice package with them next week. It will be interesting to see how he can get her to connect emotion to the dance - Salsa, right? Oh, final note on the Melissa phenomenon; the entertainment reporter on the local LA ABC station did a very short interview and Tony said they were already a Team. Melissa said, "I've got the nerves and he's got the strength." Then they both did a Hulk impression.

Shawna is adorable and moved gracefully with her partner. As someone mentioned, it will be interesting to see how "sexual" they go with her in the latin dances.

I was really surprised that Steve-O had some moves...I was expecting stiff and ungainly as other of the men proved to be. Poor Ty - he had friends in the audience and seized up with nerves. I hope he can loosen up and do better because Woz (another Steve) really did look like a tella tubbie - but, he did try...and that is what the first weeks are about, isn't it.

Okay - after laying off watching for a couple of years, I'm back.
    back Arielflies.Good to see you back in the ballroom again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3377688;
    Oh, final note on the Melissa phenomenon; the entertainment reporter on the local LA ABC station did a very short interview and Tony said they were already a Team. Melissa said, "I've got the nerves and he's got the strength." Then they both did a Hulk impression.
    Found the video: LINK

It's the one titled "Will Steve be a fan favorite this season?"

Melissa did wonderful! She did so good for having only 2 days to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3377640;

Chuck/Julianne: I was tired of Mr. and Mrs. Julianne pre-show. Not fair that they already had a good chemistry together, but hey maybe it'll bring some interesting fireworks. I wonder if we'll see a new side to Julianne if the judges go off on her boyfriend. Chuck wasn't that great but Julianne's fan base will probably keep him in.
    Julianne's been making comments about the judges critiques for a couple of seasons now and she's started already this season.
    One of the judges made a comment about Chuck, can't remember what, and she responded that he was nervous.
    Carrie then called them on an illegal lift and Julianne said Chuck is tall.
    What that has to do with it I do not know.
    She should be training him to lift her in a way that keep her feet in contact with the ground.
    The fact that she responds in her little girl voice with a smile on her face makes it just as annoying to me as Tony and Carrie facing off with scowls on their faces.
    I'd like them gone...soon, but fear they'll be around for the long haul.
    "That's Numberwang!"

This season looks to have some interesting possibilities...

first off - can I say how thrilled I am to see *my* Dimitry from SYTYCD! I had him picked to win in season 2. His new look is fantastic.

Ty and Chelsie - I would love to see them hang around for at least another week or two. He has a sly sense of humor I didn't expect - I was giggling like a fool during their practice (and yeah, during the dance too! ). Chelsie gets on my last nerve though, she can come across very immature. But she can dance anything. If she's a decent teacher, maybe she can pull him through a few weeks.

Poor Maks - I don't hate Denise on principle (I think she's dumber than a box of rocks), but she sure didn't impress last night.

Tony looked like a kid in candy store - "ME with the girl with all the buzz - Okayyyy!"

Julianne and Chuck - well they lucked out with a romantic dance for their first one. It will be interesting to see how training goes with the latin/sexier numbers where Chuck will be really out of his comfort zone and Julianne has to push him.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3376774;
    LMAO Kim is dancing to Nasty Boys. haha.
    Love the irony, especially since she has LaToya's face.
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by travelgirl913;3377672;
    Melissa was fantastic! I am just SO happy for her! Let Molly & Jason watch in her success each week. ha ha Wow they trashed Jason & they didn't even show the worst clip of what he said.

As far as her cheerleading & taking ballet as a child...Please their were plenty of people more trained on this show than her. What about that girl from the Cheetah girls was a trained ballroom dancer!! Now that was unfair!!
    Sabrina was a trained hip-hop dancer.. not ballroom.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread