+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Melissa from Bachelor takes over for Nancy O'Dell

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa from Bachelor takes over for Nancy O'Dell

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3376510;
    If so, I'm really looking forward to seeing Melissa's, especially if there's new footage. Obviously, they probably didn't have time to do much other than on-location for tonight's episode. I can't wait to see Mel and how she dances.
    I wonder if they'll a show a clip or photos from her DCC days. I hope so. If for no other reason than for there to be something about her other than being on the Bachelor.

I saw that Mel & Tony will be doing the Salsa next week. I'm definitely looking forward to that. That sounds more Melissa than the waltz they're doing tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3376519;
    I wonder if they'll a show a clip or photos from her DCC days. I hope so. If for no other reason than for there to be something about her other than being on the Bachelor.

I saw that Mel & Tony will be doing the Salsa next week. I'm definitely looking forward to that. That sounds more Melissa than the waltz they're doing tonight.
    Without much practice time, the waltz is probably easier for Mel to pick up on than the Salsa. At least it would be for me. Shoulders back, straight line, extend arms, glide...glide...

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3376519;

I'm also hoping for some DCC focus! And IF they mention the Bach breakup, I hope it's only on the first episode. Bergeron seems to have a heart, so maybe he will limit any quick-witted Bach comments to going easy on Mel.

I didn't know that the waltz was official for tonight, and posted that if so, it might be easier to start off with, due to extremely limited training and rehearsal time. Someone else posted somewhere that the waltz is very difficult! I was thinking that the waltz choreography would be more simple than the other dances, but what do I know?

I'm sure that Mel will be able to do ALL the lifts and throws like a pro, but again, she didn't have the benefit of knowing 2 months in advance that she needs to be on a specific regimen. I was pleased to read that someone "in the DCC know" said that they often have to learn a new routine just before a game, and that it's part of the qualifying process to be able to do that.

Oh, and yeah, the salsa should be a good one. But I'm still partial to the paso doble and quick step (no matter which of my favorites are involved).

Mel's going to rock DWTS!!!

I was going to watch for Jewel and secondly, Shawn. When I heard that Jewel dropped, I thought I might not watch at all. Now it's all Mel to the end! (and then there's Maks )
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3376533;
    I'm sure that Mel will be able to do ALL the lifts and throws like a pro, but again, she didn't have the benefit of knowing 2 months in advance that she needs to be on a specific regimen.
    This show doesn't allow lifts and throws until the very end of the season, so if she makes it that far, she can do them. If she doesn't, her pair will be marked down (but unlikely to happen, Tony is quite seasoned at this show).
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3376529;
    Without much practice time, the waltz is probably easier for Mel to pick up on than the Salsa. At least it would be for me. Shoulders back, straight line, extend arms, glide...glide...
    Agree. The two dances this week are the Viennese Waltz & the cha-cha. Thank God Tony & Nancy had the waltz! Poor Holly is stuck with just a few days to memorize the fast-paced cha-cha! As far as memorizing the choreography, I would think the waltz would definitively be easier. Especially with Mel's background in ballet. Although, I don't know how log ago or extensive that was. She should at least know how to be graceful. Which is what the waltz is all about.

They'll have a whole week though to memorize the Salsa. Same as everyone else.

Btw, the couples who have the cha-cha this week, have the Quickstep next week.
    Last edited by ky-la; 03-09-2009 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3376539;
    Agree. The two dances this week are the Viennese Waltz & the cha-cha. Thank God Tony & Nancy had the waltz! Poor Holly is stuck with just a few days to memorize the fast-paced cha-cha! As far as memorizing the choreography, I would think the waltz would definitively be easier.

They'll have a whole week though to memorize the Salsa. Same as everyone else.

Btw, the couples who have the cha-cha this week, have the Quickstep next week.
    Thanks for the info! I'll have to take a look at the official DWTS web site (assuming that's where you got the dance info).
    Last edited by MissThing; 03-09-2009 at 05:02 PM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think it's the regular waltz, not the Viennese Waltz. All of the stars that have mentioned it have said the waltz, so I think it's like the first week of the first 2 seasons (when waltz and cha cha were the 2 dance styles).

Also, all of the other stars have had more than a week to memorize their dances for the second week. Nancy practicing her salsa is what first started her injury. Granted having a whole week to prepare a second dance is better than a few days, but it's still a leg up the others have had. Regardless, I don't think Melissa or Holly are going anywhere. They have 2 dances to do before the first results, the new dance off rule, and at least where Melissa's concerned she'll have more of a fan base to outlast at least Steve W., Steve-O, and Holly. Probably better.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-09-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Melissa, the Bachelor cast-off, has been all over the place. I wish she would go away. Now she's cluttering up one of my favorite shows.

I'm sure she will get "poor Melissa" votes, but not from me. Hope she doesn't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3376561;
    Melissa, the Bachelor cast-off, has been all over the place. I wish she would go away. Now she's cluttering up one of my favorite shows.

I'm sure she will get "poor Melissa" votes, but not from me. Hope she doesn't last long.
    So who are your faves this season Tango?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3376561;

"All over the place"???? She only did ONE interview after the finale. She turned down dozens of magazine & talk show interviews. She didn't even show up for the "After the Final Rose 2".

She also turned down an offer to be the next Bachelorette.

A guy decides to dump her on national television & everyone's talking about it. And that's her fault how??

Melissa has not done anything to try & gain sympathy. In fact, it's been just the opposite. She's insisted that she's moved on & that she couldn't be happier. It's the media & some bachelor fans that haven't.
    Last edited by ky-la; 03-09-2009 at 05:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread