+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Melissa from Bachelor takes over for Nancy O'Dell

FORT Fanatic

Re: Melissa from Bachelor takes over for Nancy O'Dell

ITA, this Melissa girl is not a star. I guess ABC had to act fast to find a replacement, but to me, this is the bottom of the barrel.

ABC couldn't find her a husband, but they'll gladly teach her the Cha Cha. Guess one ABC screwing wasn't enough for her.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3376021;
    ITA, this Melissa girl is not a star. I guess ABC had to act fast to find a replacement, but to me, this is the bottom of the barrel.
    And Steve-O isn't bottom of the barrel? And Steve Wozniak? At least most of the women who watch DWTS know who Melissa is...it's all about ratings...
    Forever a Word Nerd

FORT Regular

I guess if people are going to question whether or not Melissa is a star then let's debate the 'star' factor of several of the other DWTS contestants. How 'bout Lil' Kim (served time in jail for perjury), Steve-O (nice role model, NOT), Nancy O'Dell (does a b-list newanchor pull more 'star' weight?), Chcuk Wicks (really?). Seems to me that almost half of the 'stars' this season would qualify for bottom of the barrel.
    With Melissa, I think it was just a matter of finding someone known who could actually dance and learn routines in a very short time. And after all the mess with the Bachelor, she will have some sympathy votes. Let's at least give her credit for having the moxie to go on DWTS on such short notice. And good luck to her!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;3376044;
    And Steve-O isn't bottom of the barrel? And Steve Wozniak? At least most of the women who watch DWTS know who Melissa is...it's all about ratings...
    Oh, I don't know that most of the women who watch DWTS also watch the Bachelor. In fact, I know of quite a few DWTS female fans that will have no clue as to who she is.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

With four days to prepare and rehearse I'll give Mel every benefit for taking on this challenge.
    I support pet adoption!

Quote Originally Posted by HillCntryGrl;3376046;
    Let's at least give her credit for having the moxie to go on DWTS on such short notice. And good luck to her!
    I don't know that I'd call it moxie, more like she's an attention seeking famewhore and ABC offered her a pretty penny to try to save face.

It is all about ratings. DWTS has been scraping the bottom of the barrel for the past couple seasons now and this is a good move for them. This way they attract a lot of the Bachelor fans who are feeling sympathy for poor Melissa who was just humiliated having her heart broken on national TV. It's a win-win for them.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I have watched every season of DWTS and every season, there have been contestants that I had never heard of before seeing them on DWTS. Some of them are very big names IN CERTAIN CIRCLES but not mine (Who knew Stacy Kiebler before this show? Okay, I guess some did but not many. AP said they didn't know who Nancy O'Dell was - I'm sure many would say the same about most of these contestants). Having said that, some of those same unknowns have turned out to be some of the best contestants each season - perhaps because they were cast for their potential to dance well instead of bringing a built-in fan base.

Consider this as well: who among us knew who Edyta, Maks, or Dmitry were before these shows and yet, they're enough of a reason to watch for me now regardless of who the 'stars' are. In fact, the pros are as much the 'stars' now as their partners, at least for those of us who really enjoy the dancing.

I'm a DWTS fan + I'm a Bachelor 'fan' (viewer, but its more love/hate) + I'm a Melissa Rycroft fan = I am a happy viewer

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3376122;
    I have watched every season of DWTS and every season, there have been contestants that I had never heard of before seeing them on DWTS. Some of them are very big names IN CERTAIN CIRCLES but not mine (Who knew Stacy Kiebler before this show? Okay, I guess some did but not many. AP said they didn't know who Nancy O'Dell was - I'm sure many would say the same about most of these contestants). Having said that, some of those same unknowns have turned out to be some of the best contestants each season - perhaps because they were cast for their potential to dance well instead of bringing a built-in fan base.

Consider this as well: who among us knew who Edyta, Maks, or Dmitry were before these shows and yet, they're enough of a reason to watch for me now regardless of who the 'stars' are. In fact, the pros are as much the 'stars' now as their partners, at least for those of us who really enjoy the dancing.

I'm a DWTS fan + I'm a Bachelor 'fan' (viewer, but its more love/hate) + I'm a Melissa Rycroft fan = I am a happy viewer
    ITA!!! The main reason why I started watching the first season was because they had Kelly Monaco, I knew who she was but not many other people did!!

FORT Fogey

First off I had heard of Stacy Kiebler as I watch wrestling. Secondly, my post indicated that it was further evidence of it becoming Dancing with the who's which implies their was evidence prior to Melissa that the celebrities were not celebrities. Lastly, for a woman who said she wanted to heal and not be in the limelight, it sure took her a very short time to be willing to pimp herself out for ratings and more of her fifteen minutes. I see nothing classy about this girl other than she is just like the other reality people who want as much time on tv as they can.

Moxie to me does it not take to sign up for a 30,000 a week paycheck plus more tv time. Moxie would have been if she would have said no. If she was truly hurt by the tv break-up, than more tv time would not be a choice to help.
    Last edited by MHcarrollton; 03-09-2009 at 01:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread