+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Melissa from Bachelor takes over for Nancy O'Dell

FORT Fanatic

Re: Melissa from Bachelor takes over for Nancy O'Dell

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3374674;
    Heidi Klum keeps mentioning that she wants to do the show, and even her hubby Seal is interested. What is it that the producers don't like about those 2 but like about the E! channel. Melissa's one of their own and right now she's America's sweetheart (whether she will be after the show I'll be curious). I would have rather seen them just have 11 couples and bump the premiere back than replace anyone this late. Especially someone like Holly who will probably only survive the first few weeks because of the new dance off rule. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Dmitry realized he went from Jewel (a huge frontrunner) to one of Hef's exes.
    Well Melissa especially is a last minute replacement. They needed someone who got fill in a pinch, and so they asked her to do that, she has a ballet background, so she should be able to do it without looking like a fool.

I doubt that Seal or Heidi if they have no dancing experience would want to have to learn a routine in 2/3 days.

My first reaction was that ABC is trying to milk any ratings, notoriety, money, out of this whole Bachelor insanity as possible. Good for her. If that's what they want fine. Let her benefit too. She gets to be on TV again, have fun & learn ballroom dancing. Go for it
    I love this show. I say if she can dance, great.[/QUOTE]

This a smart save for ABC after losing Nancy suddenly. Melissa is a great choice for many reasons. She absolutely deserves to have fun and also see what a fan following she has. This is better than a planned crossover show event.

Go Melissa! I am priming my Vote Melissa/Tony button!

Oh, yay! I am so excited for Melissa! What a great opportunity for her. I'm sure she has a really strong work ethic from being with the DCC, plus she has such an outgoing personality, she will be a lot of fun to watch.

Her parents better watch her!!

I'm very happy she has chosen to do this. It will be a challenge to catch up but I think she will do very well.
    I support pet adoption!

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;3374880;
    I've been watching DWTS since the first season and have always been a fan of Tony's dancing and choreography. I am so happy he got Melissa rather than one of the token stars chosen to fill a football/comedian/senior/whatever spot.

Then there's this part of me that feels Jason the Bachelor is probably going to be peeved about this turn of events and that just seems like a bit of karma coming back to bite him.
    Oh I hope so! Actually it will probably go like this:
    Jascum sees Mel looking great on tv, realizes he made a(nother) stupid mistake, gets on national tv and breaks up with molly. Then scummybags shows up on the set of DWTS and asks Mel to take him back (in front of the camera, of course), then he tries to lean in for a kiss and Mel sticks a high heel up his you know what while calling him a bastard.

Ahhh, a girl can wish.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I don't watch the Bachelor, but I'd tune in for that!

I am excited to see Melissa dance tomorrow night. Is she being paired up with Tony or Dmitry?

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3375689;
    I am excited to see Melissa dance tomorrow night. Is she being paired up with Tony or Dmitry?
    I think she is with Tony cupcakes.

Wow, I am lost.. maybe you all can help me a bit. Melissa is replacing Nancy O'Dell, and Holly Madison (Girls Next Door) is now going to be on the show? If so, who is she replacing?
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3375752;
    Wow, I am lost.. maybe you all can help me a bit. Melissa is replacing Nancy O'Dell, and Holly Madison (Girls Next Door) is now going to be on the show? If so, who is she replacing?
    Holly is replacing Jewel.

+ Reply to Thread