+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Melissa from Bachelor takes over for Nancy O'Dell

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Melissa from Bachelor takes over for Nancy O'Dell

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3376638;
    Re: The part I bolded...That's hardly her fault that magazines are capitalizing on her when she didn't ask for it because she HAS stayed out of the media for the most part.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised and she will last a long time, not because the Bach fans will be voting for her but because she will probably be the best dancer on the show.
    I do think a lot of her votes will likely come from Bachelor viewers, because popularity counts for a lot. If you don't watch that show you wouldn't know who she is and probably wouldn't care even with all the media frenzy. I wouldn't care except for the fact it was all televised, otherwise she's not the first person on that show to not have a love match in the end. In terms of dancing, I've seen some footage of some of the couples. In terms of her dancing, I'll wait and see like with everyone but I think she's going to have to fight for the best dancer category.

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by catback;3376653;
    I was at the gym and the show "wife swap" was on the tv and Melissa was on that show. One of the husbands was the trainer for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders and they showed them most of the hour.
    haha - wife swap actually makes 4!

(the full list - as far as I know is DWTS, The Bachelor, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Making The Team (and I want to say she was on for two seasons of DCC - but I might be lying and wife swap!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3376660;

(the full list - as far as I know is DWTS, The Bachelor, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Making The Team (and I want to say she was on for two seasons of DCC - but I might be lying and wife swap!!!)
    And the view of her was so quick that I had to pause it but I still wasn't sure if it was her or not. I don't think we can count Wife Swap or DCC.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3376660;

Thanks, I actually watched the "making the team" show but didn't think about her being on the show. lol about "wife swap"

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3376663;
    And the view of her was so quick that I had to pause it but I still wasn't sure if it was her or not. I don't think we can count Wife Swap or DCC.
    Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3376663;
    ok - having not seen wife swap I'll give that one up... but DCC definitely counts she has LOADS of air time for at least one season (and I really do think it was two seasons)

regardless - I think she's a lovely girl, and I like her, but I'm just burnt out on the girl and I want to see dancing with the "STARS"

you know?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3376668;
    ok - having not seen wife swap I'll give that one up... but DCC definitely counts she has LOADS of air time for at least one season (and I really do think it was two seasons)

regardless - I think she's a lovely girl, and I like her, but I'm just burnt out on the girl and I want to see dancing with the "STARS"

you know?
    Yea, I am surpised that she is considered "Star" but I guess ABC is doing it more for ratings then anything. I just hope the other dancing crew "stars" do not hold it against her.

Whether we like it or not being a DCC is a small amount of stardom and when Melissa first started it happened to be the same time they came out with DCC Making the Team and that the Wifeswap episode came up with the Johnsons on it.

Was Melissa the star of Wifeswap? I doubt it. I didn't watch it but from what I can tell they showed a lot of the DCC's...now why would that be? Because they are celebrities in their own right and exposure is part of that package.

Anyway, I guess when you're young, adorable, talented, intelligent and have a rockin' bod people like to get you on film.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3376087;
    Oh, I don't know that most of the women who watch DWTS also watch the Bachelor. In fact, I know of quite a few DWTS female fans that will have no clue as to who she is.
    Well if "quite a few DWTS female fans" that watch dont' have a clue as to who Melissa is that's ok. They can just watch and enjoy her for what she is. A charming young woman who danced beautifuly last night with very short rehearsal time.

Melissa was surely one of the better dancers last night. She can hold her own with or without the Bachelor sympathy vote. I really am not familiar with several of the "stars" on the show, so I really wouldn't have anyone to cheer for if Melissa weren't there. I guess I should watch a wider genre of TV programs..

Putting Melissa on DWTS was a smart move for ABC in trying to right a hideous wrong on their part when showcased Jason and Melissa's breakup.
    Last edited by Vonna; 03-10-2009 at 02:52 PM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;3378291;
    Melissa was surely one of the better dancers last night. She can hold her own with or without the Bachelor sympathy vote. I really am not familiar with several of the "stars" on the show, so I really wouldn't have anyone to cheer for if Melissa weren't there. I guess I should watch a wider genre of TV programs..
    Not sure you would really want to watch the genres of TV that some of these people are from...I also didn't know a lot of them...don't feel bad

+ Reply to Thread