+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Re: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

I agree that TY adorable! I voted for him, he improved so much. The judges didn't score him high enough.

I was so hoping I'd get to see Chelsie dance with Dmitry and I didn't have to wait long at all
    "That's Numberwang!"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I'm expecting Ty & Chelsie to stick around for quite awhile. The PBR (Professional Bull Riders) fans are quite loyal and supportive of the riders in everything they do. TY mentioned the "guys" were watching too, which made me giggle but the guys are also quite supportive of each other and it appears they are quite a tight group.

PBR's live attendance up in 2009 - ESPN

About the PBR: More than 100 million viewers tune in each year to the PBR on FOX, NBC, ESPN, VERSUS, and on a host of foreign networks across the globe. With approximately 500 hours of prime time programming annually, PBR ranks among the most prolific sports on air, in addition to attracting over 1.7 million live event attendees each year with it multi-tiered event structure which includes the prestigious Built Ford Tough Series, the Copenhagen Bull Riding Challenger Tour, the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Tour, and the Discovery Tour, designed specifically for entry level contestants. The PBR is headquartered in Pueblo, Colo., with additional offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, and Mexico. The PBR prides itself in its 1,000 plus stock contractor relationships and over 1,200 PBR bull riders competing in more than 300 PBR sanctioned competitions in five countries.

I love PBR, it's the only sport I watch faithfully. So glad that DWTS chose TY as a contestant. Maybe next season they can convince Justin McBride to try it out.....
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I thought Ty was WAY improved this week. I'd like to see him stick around for a while. He looks so cute when he smiles, and he's really trying. Props to him.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3386821;
    One thing that struck me is that, although this is my first Chelsie experience (don't watch the other show), she must be a terrific teacher. For me, at least, his performance was night and day between week one and week two. Credit for that goes to not only his dedication, but to her as an instructor.
    I agree. I was REALLY impressed at how well he managed the footwork and he seemed much more comfortable and confident, eventhough this new dance seemed more intricate.

I was very impressed, but I was disappointed with the judge's scores. Are they always extra stingy with the scores with some of the stars that struggle? (this applies to David Allan Grier, too)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3388037;
    I thought Ty was WAY improved this week. I'd like to see him stick around for a while. He looks so cute when he smiles, and he's really trying. Props to him.

I'm glad he has FT this week instead of Samba. I think that helps them some. He will have it easier in the ballroom versus the sexier dances. I hope they stay a while too. They're so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3387524;
    I was so hoping I'd get to see Chelsie dance with Dmitry and I didn't have to wait long at all
    OMG! They were great!!! Dmitry is so sexy and did you see Chelsie's legs??!! She's a great dancer, she really is... though, I don't really like people dancing on DWTS barefoot... Heels made them more sophisticated and sexy...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3384915;
    This is another example of how I think the judges are trying to control/ manipulate how this overall season plays out. It is as though they truly want to show the contestant what they think ( in terms of praise), but then they don't follow through on the score because that might put that person in too high of a spot to be eliminated in the general order in which the judges think it should happen.

I like this guy. I can't see him winning, but I like his humble, gracious try hard attitude.
    Bloomers, I couldn't agree with you more. I'm just loving this guy! He's one of my favorites now, and I'd love to continue to see him improve and hang out longer!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3385228;
    I love how Ty comes across so quiet and sweet and then just lets these funnnnny zingers out. I really hope they stay around for awhile - he's truly what the show is about.

He seems like a great guy with an even greater sense of humor. I worked with a guy like this who would zing you and then walk away before you even realized you had been zinged. What an improvement he showed! His dancing aside, he has my vote for line of the season......"It's sort of like bull riding, you are never ready it just becomes your turn!" What a hoot........

FORT Fogey

I really hope the improvement carries over into the FT. I'd like them to stick around for a while.

+ Reply to Thread