+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Re: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by pasodoble;3439320;
    If Ty improved so much, then why does he constantly receive negative feedback from the judges and keeps coming at the bottom of the leaderboard? His scores reflect what a poor dancer he is Sorry but Ty deserves all the backlash he is getting now. He might be a nice/sweet/generous angel but at the end,this is DANCE show and not the best personality contest.
    Ty was really bad at the beginning and now he's mediocre, that's improvement. LK was good at the beginning, and she's still just good, not great...little improvement. LK is a better dancer, but Ty has improved more over the course of the show and in your own words, that's what it's all about...improvement.
    Last edited by MissThing; 05-07-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3439328;
    When I first started watching this, I naively thought it was about the "star" who would be the best dancer. After all of the pre-show comments from Melissa's fans, I worried it wouldn't be. Now I KNOW it isn't. It is a popularity contest. A wise poster somewhere on these boards said to notice: they don't say vote for best dancer; they say vote for who you'd like to see dance again.

Ty is definitely most improved, and he's worked hard. He's a terrific guy, and Chelsie is a great teacher. Even though he's not at the others' levels, I want to see him dance again!

Will I be upset if he wins? Probably a little, as much as I like him. This is my first season watching, so I don't know what the other winners have been like (I have seen some of the final shows). Have they all been great dancers?

Maybe if the show had, from the very beginning, set the precedent for "most improved" dancer, and some who fit that had won, I'd be more comfortable with things. If they just stressed that more and more. Then we could vote on improvement based on percentages. Personality contests wouldn't play into it as much. Probably some, but I don't think as much.
    The (arguably) best dancer has sometimes won and sometimes not, but if Ty wins, I think it would be pretty fair to say that he would be the weakest winner since season 1.

The show always says to vote for "your favorite dancer", whatever that means, as for some it means whose personality they like best, for some who they find most entertaining and for some who they think is the best dancer, among many other reasons. Structuring a contest based on most improved, would basically favor the worst initial dancers (and possibly encourage the better dancers to purposely suck in the first rounds), because celebs who have the farthest to go will always be able to improve more in 3 months, comparatively, than the rest. I doubt the producers would ever go this direction.

FORT Fanatic

I can't imagine what kind of backlash there might be next week if Ty beats out Gilles or Melissa for a spot in the finals. His fanbase could do it for him. I like Ty but agree he would be the most inept dancer they've ever had actually win!

I won't vote for him, but neither will I condemn him if he manages to stay. That just means his fans are voting because they 'want to see him continue' on the show. If it knocks out my favorite, thats the way it goes. Hooray for diversity.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

This is why shows like this work. Having someone like Ty in the final four next to Melissa just shows the differences in fans. Personally, no matter how well Mel dances I will not be voting for her. IMO the show is about who I want to see dance each week. I would much rather see Ty or Shawn over Gilles or Melissa. Are her 15 minutes up yet?

Pardon my crudeness but I really think all this backlash talk is a load of crap. Who gives a hoot about anyone's backlash? I don't KNOW this but I highly suspect that Melissa has gotten the most ugly and unfounded comments of anyone who has every been on the show. That proves nothing except that some people don't like Melissa and don't mind what they have to say to "prove" that. The same holds true for Ty. So what if he isn't the best dancer on the floor? His fans want to see him keep on dancing. All the negative comments in the world are not going to get him thrown out. If he has enough fans who vote, he stays around. That's what the show is all about. If it was really a serious show about choosing the best dancer none of us would be allowed to cast votes for our favorites and most of us wouldn't bother watching.

I just read Ty's blog, and this is why I am voting for him. Some may see his comments as fake, but I think he is just a nice guy

Don't know if I can attach the link right, but here it is

PBR Blog: ‘We’re feeling good about where we’re at’

Quote Originally Posted by pasodoble;3439240;
    And can you explain how? Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not the BEST PERSONALITY contest. The show is suppose to be about stars who try to make progress as a dancer week by week and Kim was going from strength to strength while Ty just keeps getting worse with no improvement.
    Oh I can explain. The people who deserve to be in the show is those who got more vote than the other when combined with the judges score. Ty got the score, he got the vote so yeah, he's in! That's all. I admit, Ty's not the best dancer, but as I said before, he did his best and some people do enjoy watching his progress.

I do agree with you. This is not the best personality contest, though this isn't just about dancing. It's actually the mixture for both dancing AND personality. If it's just the case of seeing it from the dance perspective, they could just let the judges decide. Do they actually believe that all the viewers would vote just because of the dance? No. Do you think people will vote when the star dance like a pro and have a personality like an a$$. No. People won't like them.

My point exactly, it's the show, as you said about stars who try to make progress as a dancer week by week. Ty did not get worse. He's just inconsistent. Sometimes he's good, sometimes he's not. Though most people, even those who's not his fan, thought he's come a LONG way. Compare his dance now with his first dance. His improvement can be seen. LK isn't always improving. If I remember correctly, her tango (team tango) was not perfect. She missed the step BIG time and pretty obvious. She's a great dancer, I admit that. If you're implying that Ty has not improved since day one like how LK did, I say that's a complete bull.

Let see...

Week 1: Ty got 14, LK got 21
    Week 2: Ty got 20, LK got 25... 6 points up for Ty and 2 for LK
    Week 3: Ty got 23, Lk got 27... 3 points up for Ty and 2 more for LK
    Week 4: Ty got 25, LK got 27... 2 points more for both Ty and LK
    Week 5: Ty got 21, LK got 26... Ty down 4 points and LK down 1 point
    Week 6: Ty got 18, LK got 28... Ty down 3 points and LK up 1 point
    Week 7: Ty got 24, LK got 26... Ty up 5 point and LK down 2 point.

Both these two obviously tried their hardest. It's just that LK was better than Ty, though I think these two are inconsistent, but improving just the same.

I just hate it when people say Ty didn't deserve to be in the final 4.

Like I said, the viewer have the power to vote. ALL viewers, not just reserved for Ty's fans. It's obvious that Ty's fans voted harder. Who's to say he doesn't deserve it.

heck, even Carrie Ann Inaba thought Ty improved. From her blog:

Ty was quite good in his Argentine Tango. There was a lot of content. Ty does not rest on his laurels. I admire that about him. He doesn’t settle for doing “weak dancer” choreography. Chelsie gives him difficult choreography and demands -- in a nice way -- that he deliver and he does. He seems to like the challenge and really takes it seriously. He has come so far…The Rumba was a bit stiff but it was better than I expected. He just has a difficult time sometimes with the finesse between the moves, and the subtleties of the facial expressions. I thought Chelsie's choreography at in the tango was great. When he had his hands in his pocket at the top of his first number, and when he performed his solo during his Rumba were both moments none of us will forget. The room went crazy. It was so adorable and heartwarming to see Ty Murray roll his hips for his wife….No -- it didn’t score too many points with the judges, but I see it won the hearts of the viewers.

And can you blame them? He is a sucky dancer and should've gone a long time ago but methinks his fanbase loves watching him getting insulting remarks by the judges. He outlasted a dancer who not only topped the leaderboard twice but was an awesome dancer,so not only the judges but even the host of the show was vocal about it. Anyways I've a strong feeling he will face the wrath of judges ala Billy Ray and Cloris Leachman did before their departure,I can feel it in my bones.
    Oh yes, they're to blame. They shouldn't be showing their favor over one than the other. They're supposed to be professional. If you look at the past seasons, it's normal to see those who tops the judges leaderboard and got eliminated. I don't care if the judges being not professional again. At this point, they can say what ever they want. They've shown some overly favor for one over another, which they should not be doing. The comment should be purely about the dance. Len's being real weird this season. Saying Ty should go home, then overly praised Ty for his Tango, which I think is good but not perfect. Thought that would please me being Ty's fan, but it actually pisses me off. People can accept his honest opinion but only when it doesn't concern about the decision of who's going home. Tom... *sigh*

If Ty got eliminated next, I wouldn't whine like those who think they can change the past. He got less vote, so accept it. It's as simple as that.

If Ty improved so much, then why does he constantly receive negative feedback from the judges and keeps coming at the bottom of the leaderboard? His scores reflect what a poor dancer he is Sorry but Ty deserves all the backlash he is getting now. He might be a nice/sweet/generous angel but at the end,this is DANCE show and not the best personality contest.
    Ya know, he did receive great comments too; it's not always negative. If I remember correctly, Carrie Ann once said "TY MURRAY IS A DANCER". lol. His scores.. They're not always that bad. He's always ended up at the bottom because there are others that are way better than he is at dancing. But he's improving. lol. Maybe somebody should look up what "improve" means... and again, it's also about the vote.

Why don't we all tell ABC to stop the voting and let the judges decide everything or just open vote for the best dancer so those who can't dance can be sent home. I predict that the show would be B.O.R.I.N.G...
    Last edited by kiariclois; 05-07-2009 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3439470;
    Pardon my crudeness but I really think all this backlash talk is a load of crap. Who gives a hoot about anyone's backlash? I don't KNOW this but I highly suspect that Melissa has gotten the most ugly and unfounded comments of anyone who has every been on the show. That proves nothing except that some people don't like Melissa and don't mind what they have to say to "prove" that. The same holds true for Ty. So what if he isn't the best dancer on the floor? His fans want to see him keep on dancing. All the negative comments in the world are not going to get him thrown out. If he has enough fans who vote, he stays around. That's what the show is all about. If it was really a serious show about choosing the best dancer none of us would be allowed to cast votes for our favorites and most of us wouldn't bother watching.
    I would venture to say that Gilles has as much comment and ugly posts as Melissa, probably even more since Melissa seems to have a bigger fan base than does Gilles. I see nothing wrong with the other contestants who have been eliminated asking that votes be given to another contestant. If the votes were recommended for Melissa, would there be the negativity, probably not since her fan base is very pro-active when it comes to anything related to her. The judges are more and more showing who they will most likely give the big ugly ball to so it will be interesting to see if the "fan" base has any say in the end.

I truly would not be surprised if Ty happened to knock out either one of the remaining 3 best dancers of the this season.......

+ Reply to Thread