+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Clearly Ty's dancing isn't as good as the others including LK but this show the best dancer doesn't always win. It's the nature of the beast. Hopefully he doesn't take out another superior dancer this week.

I have a soft spot for Chelsie from SYTYCD. She looked beyond shocked last night but Ty really didn't.

Anyone else wonder if there might be backlash against Chelsie next season if Ty makes it to the Final Two?

She almost looked sick on Tuesday night when the results were announced and L'il Kim and Derek were eliminated.

She's done a fabulous job as a teacher this season and didn't think she'd make it this far in the competition. She knows she really has to step up her game to have Ty in the same league as the other dancers and that the competition is as stiff as Ty's arms during a Latin dance.

If the popular vote is what keeps Ty in versus his dancing skill, will Chelsie then get stuck with a really bad star next season?

Who is John Galt?

I cannot imagine a Ty win. Nice as he is, he is not in the same league as the others - by far. This is supposed to be about the dancing and he just isn't there, or even close. His ballroom dances are okay, but his latin dances are mostly atrocious. C'mon people - don't vote for the nicest dancer, vote for the best dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3438199;
    She looked beyond shocked last night but Ty really didn't.
    Ty didn't. lol. Have you seen him since week 1? He doesn't show much reaction during the announcement. lol.

My conclusion to this... next season, go for ALL stiff stars, who have no musical talent and stuff like that. OR go for ALL those stars who have musical talent. That's when you can talk about being fair.

People go on saying its crap that Ty got into the final 4 when he deserves it. He gets the score, and a big part of it from the fans vote. and yet, people go on blaming him for taking the spot meant for the better dancer who has the obviously low number of vote.

The judges and host even treated him unfairly (without them noticing that they're offending the fans, and perhaps Ty himself). DWTS asks for Ty to join the cast in what? like 3 years and he used to say no, and now he finally did accept the challenge and he's being treated as if he's the one who wants to do this in the first place. That's unfair. He got fans vote, he did the dances at his best, so nobody can really blame the poor guy for staying. He started off getting 4; it's not like a person can become a dancer in weeks. The pros even have to learn years to be perfect in what they do; some even still do mistakes. lol.

I don't really think of this as a dancing contest what so ever. This is an entertainment show, otherwise the judges would be the one who decide 100%. It meant to entertain and ABC got income from it. The voting isn't exactly free. lol. Ty is DANCING and Ty is THE STAR. He's doing what the show is about. Like I said on other forums, this is DANCING WITH THE STARS, not exactly SO YOU THINK THE STARS CAN DANCE? As bad as a dancer Ty is, he did dance.

If he do got eliminated next week, I won't be disappointed. I'd stop watching; I won't miss anything and ABC won't even be affected by that. lol.

FORT Regular

People go on saying its crap that Ty got into the final 4 when he deserves it. He gets the score, and a big part of it from the fans vote. and yet, people go on blaming him for taking the spot meant for the better dancer who has the obviously low number of vote.
    And can you explain how? Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not the BEST PERSONALITY contest. The show is suppose to be about stars who try to make progress as a dancer week by week and Kim was going from strength to strength while Ty just keeps getting worse with no improvement.

The judges and host even treated him unfairly (without them noticing that they're offending the fans, and perhaps Ty himself)
    . DWTS asks for Ty to join the cast in what? like 3 years and he used to say no, and now he finally did accept the challenge and he's being treated as if he's the one who wants to do this in the first place. That's unfair. He got fans vote, he did the dances at his best, so nobody can really blame the poor guy for staying. He started off getting 4; it's not like a person can become a dancer in weeks. The pros even have to learn years to be perfect in what they do; some even still do mistakes. lol.

And can you blame them? He is a sucky dancer and should've gone a long time ago but methinks his fanbase loves watching him getting insulting remarks by the judges. He outlasted a dancer who not only topped the leaderboard twice but was an awesome dancer,so not only the judges but even the host of the show was vocal about it. Anyways I've a strong feeling he will face the wrath of judges ala Billy Ray and Cloris Leachman did before their departure,I can feel it in my bones.

Quote Originally Posted by pasodoble;3439240;
    And can you explain how? Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not the BEST PERSONALITY contest. The show is suppose to be about stars who try to make progress as a dancer week by week and Kim was going from strength to strength while Ty just keeps getting worse with no improvement.
    LK started the season's first elimination with a combined score of 44 and received a combined score of 52 last week, an improvement of 8 (18%). Ty's first week was a combined score of 34 and he received a combined score of 46 last week, an improvement of 12 (35%). By your own logic, Ty has shown more improvement week by week, and deserves to stay over LK.

This is the 8th season of this show and the judges have been doing their shtick forever, so there is no excuse for a celeb who chooses to go on the show to not be aware that they may endure harsh comments if they are a terrible dancer. Ty so far has taken it all with grace and dignity IMO. If next week, his dancing doesn't improve, and the judges step up their criticsm, I expect he will continue to bear it as well. He is pretty stoic.

If his fans continue to vote for him like mad for whatever reason and he outlasts those that most people acknowledge are the better dancers, he (and his fans) will be in for more harsh words. That is how the show works.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;3439243;
    LK started the season's first elimination with a combined score of 44 and received a combined score of 52 last week, an improvement of 8 (18&#37. Ty's first week was a combined score of 34 and he received a combined score of 46 last week, an improvement of 12 (35%). By your own logic, Ty has shown more improvement week by week, and deserves to stay over LK.
    If Ty improved so much, then why does he constantly receive negative feedback from the judges and keeps coming at the bottom of the leaderboard? His scores reflect what a poor dancer he is Sorry but Ty deserves all the backlash he is getting now. He might be a nice/sweet/generous angel but at the end,this is DANCE show and not the best personality contest.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-07-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3438379;
    I don't really think of this as a dancing contest what so ever. This is an entertainment show, otherwise the judges would be the one who decide 100%.
    When I first started watching this, I naively thought it was about the "star" who would be the best dancer. After all of the pre-show comments from Melissa's fans, I worried it wouldn't be. Now I KNOW it isn't. It is a popularity contest. A wise poster somewhere on these boards said to notice: they don't say vote for best dancer; they say vote for who you'd like to see dance again.

Ty is definitely most improved, and he's worked hard. He's a terrific guy, and Chelsie is a great teacher. Even though he's not at the others' levels, I want to see him dance again!

Will I be upset if he wins? Probably a little, as much as I like him. This is my first season watching, so I don't know what the other winners have been like (I have seen some of the final shows). Have they all been great dancers?

Maybe if the show had, from the very beginning, set the precedent for "most improved" dancer, and some who fit that had won, I'd be more comfortable with things. If they just stressed that more and more. Then we could vote on improvement based on percentages. Personality contests wouldn't play into it as much. Probably some, but I don't think as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3439328;
    When I first started watching this, I naively thought it was about the "star" who would be the best dancer. After all of the pre-show comments from Melissa's fans, I worried it wouldn't be. Now I KNOW it isn't. It is a popularity contest. A wise poster somewhere on these boards said to notice: they don't say vote for best dancer; they say vote for who you'd like to see dance again.
    Ty is definitely most improved, and he's worked hard. He's a terrific guy, and Chelsie is a great teacher. Even though he's not at the others' levels, I want to see him dance again!

Will I be upset if he wins? Probably a little, as much as I like him. This is my first season watching, so I don't know what the other winners have been like (I have seen some of the final shows). Have they all been great dancers?

Maybe if the show had, from the very beginning, set the precedent for "most improved" dancer, and some who fit that had won, I'd be more comfortable with things. If they just stressed that more and more. Then we could vote on improvement based on percentages. Personality contests wouldn't play into it as much. Probably some, but I don't think as much.
    Isn't that what all fans here say? Vote for who you would like to see dance again - or in other words the person you most enjoy watching, whether its for their dancing alone, their personality or both? Best dancer or not, personality is part of the equation, otherwise the viewers wouldn't be asked to vote. Many, many people have said that while some contestants are good technically, they just don't enjoy the dancing. I'm sure there is a large group of people who enjoy Ty, his interviews and his dancing the most. Its all a personal preference. But I do believe it is about the dancing and who you enjoy watching overall.

One thing I don't agree with is pros who are leaving telling viewers who to transfer their votes to - then it is definitely not about the dancing nor the personalities, just loyalties.

eta -I am glad that Ty is still here as I enjoy him and Chelsie more than Lil Kim and Derek even though Lil Kim was better technically.
    Last edited by ducky2; 05-07-2009 at 11:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread