+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

I never knew about the Marisa situation. 600 email addresses? Dear Lord...I don't have the patience for that. It takes forever to just get through my 12 votes.

I'm a little worried about the LH for Ty this week but I don't think he's in any immediate danger of leaving. He's improving and both he and Chelsie are well liked. They are a joy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3396552;
    He's improving and both he and Chelsie are well liked. They are a joy to watch.
    I watched the show again this afternoon, and picked up on something else. When he and Chelsie went backstage after their performance, the pros gave them a standing ovation! How could you not like Ty? He's wonderful - I LOVE his sense of humor!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3395654;
    To me, that's what this should be about. Look how he's improved from week one - even the judges have commented. Do you think it's possible he could catch up to the final group - even with a limited fan base?

How does that work anyway? Do the 'stars' gain fans as the show goes on? Or do most of the winners start with a solid fan base?
    I definitely think Ty is a dark horse in this competition. He is a disciplined athlete and he knows what it takes to compete, and I'm sure he will likely improve.

I wouldn't be so sure he hasn't got a fan base either. I don't know what he had coming in but he sure seems to be growing on people, and he must be getting great audience response. It seems very telling that he was given the pimp spot for last week's show.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3396728;
    I watched the show again this afternoon, and picked up on something else. When he and Chelsie went backstage after their performance, the pros gave them a standing ovation! How could you not like Ty? He's wonderful - I LOVE his sense of humor!
    I noticed that. This seems like a pretty tight knit group this year. In a way, I'm kind of glad that they husband/wife angle didn't work out this year. I'm sorry Jewel was injured, but I think it'd be entirely different with her and Ty going head to head. I just can't imagine, though, if people liked him more than her and he stayed longer than she did. I don't like her, so I'd find that comical, but I'm not sure she would, even if it meant her hubby stayed in. Anyway, I certainly hope we see Ty in it for the long haul. And I love Chelsie. These two make such a wonderful pairing. What's not to love about Ty? He seems like he's more worried about letting Chelsie and his fans down than himself.

Ty really does seem like a sweetheart. I love his sense of humor, too. Hopefully Jewel's fans are voting for him. I hope he'll stay on the show for at least a few more weeks.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I wasn't sure if Ty could pull it off, but got a little more confident when I saw examples on Youtube. He and Chelsea did a great job! Ty has become the little cowboy who could. I never would have guessed after the first week he would have improved as much as he has or had his heart this much into the show. It's why I'm glad they let them do two dances before getting eliminated, because that's when he started improving. Ty has a lot of support across the web from what I've seen, so hopefully it's even bigger out in non cyber space land.

I love watching this guy! I do believe that he personifies the spirit of this competition. The personality, perseverance and the improvement is all there. He is really starting to get good. I'd love to see him F4.

Talk about the spirit of competition. Ty is all about competing to win and he is improving all the time. I enjoyed their routine last night.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I, too, have been impressed by Ty's improvement. The first week he fell apart because of nerves. Since then he has treated this as a riding competition: he's working hard and not fretting over control of his fate.

I loved the elegance he demonstrated (and the dance posture) during the foxtrot, and last night Chelsie told him they had his physical strength as their secret weapon, and they used it. He will always be the witty shy guy without the big personality, but it is the right mix to win friends and fans. And part of my vote. Go Ty!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Ty and Chelsie were awsome last night. I would love to see him go far, he's improving so much each week. Gotta love the underdog who turns it around.

+ Reply to Thread