+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Re: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3395661;
    I had no idea who Marissa Jaret Winokur was before Season 6 but I was her biggest supporter on this board and voted for her like crazy. (I didn't find out about her unethical behavior until later) During the season I totally loved her because she started out not doing so well and she improved a lot throughout the season. I also didn't know Jason Taylor but voted voted him because he improved a lot too. Also, I totally LOVED his Paso Doble.
    I didn't hear about unethical behavior....what happened?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

She was voting for herself, as were her friends. I think they had multiple email addresses and were using all of the addresses to vote. Personally, I find nothing unethical about that, but some do.

Wow -- I don't think that's unethical. Everyone talks about their fan bases, and if those fans happen to set up a few more e-mail accounts, let them. I mean, how many would she have had to set up to make a dent in those voting numbers? You only get a certain number of votes per line, don't you? That's more effort than it's worth!

Getting back to Ty...I'm pretty sure he's been asking his rodeo buddies to vote, but I know he's getting more votes than that! Folks at work are happily amazed at his dancing improvement, and every last one loves his personality. What a great combination! I hope he goes far!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

There was a rumor, between Marissa and her friends, they had set up well over 600 e-mail addresses and used multiple phone lines to cast votes for herself. Not unethical, but I don't think Marissa was worth sticking around as long as she did. That girl was just annoying. Especially her 'I want to last until the group number', 'I want to make the TV Guide photoshoot', 'I'm just having too much fun who cares if I'm not the best'. What bugged me more was she openly talked about it. Like she was bragging. I just use one e-mail address and split my votes because I'm too lazy and too frustrated with the stupid ABC site to worry about having over 600, or even 2. Out of curiousity, does anyone know on average how many votes are cast? I know they always announce it on Idol but I don't recall them ever announcing it on here.

Anyway, to Ty and Chelsie, I figured Ty would just throw in the towel and want to be done with it. It seemed obvious he was only doing this for his wife but I have to wonder how it'd be going with both of them in the competition. I don't like Jewel, but Ty is a pleasure to watch and is really trying his hardest. He seems like the good ol'country boys that I grew up around. Especially after the first week I wasn't expecting much, but here's hoping he and Chelsie stick around. They had a nice save on their foxtrot when she slipped. I hope this new latin number coming up doesn't set him back. Given the description of it I think they could really do something great with it.

This guy is absolutely ADORABLE!

I am so pleased to see him improve every week, and really enjoy the interaction between him and Chelsie.

Jewel is ONE LUCKY LADY!

He's not going to win, but I do hope he stays around for a long while, so we can see more of his dancing improvement and enjoy him more, as well!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3396137;
    There was a rumor, between Marissa and her friends, they had set up well over 600 e-mail addresses and used multiple phone lines to cast votes for herself. Not unethical, but I don't think Marissa was worth sticking around as long as she did. That girl was just annoying. Especially her 'I want to last until the group number', 'I want to make the TV Guide photoshoot', 'I'm just having too much fun who cares if I'm not the best'. What bugged me more was she openly talked about it. Like she was bragging. I just use one e-mail address and split my votes because I'm too lazy and too frustrated with the stupid ABC site to worry about having over 600, or even 2. Out of curiousity, does anyone know on average how many votes are cast? I know they always announce it on Idol but I don't recall them ever announcing it on here.

Anyway, to Ty and Chelsie, I figured Ty would just throw in the towel and want to be done with it. It seemed obvious he was only doing this for his wife but I have to wonder how it'd be going with both of them in the competition. I don't like Jewel, but Ty is a pleasure to watch and is really trying his hardest. He seems like the good ol'country boys that I grew up around. Especially after the first week I wasn't expecting much, but here's hoping he and Chelsie stick around. They had a nice save on their foxtrot when she slipped. I hope this new latin number coming up doesn't set him back. Given the description of it I think they could really do something great with it.
    Marissa was that season's annoying person who stuck around too long. This is the first I've heard of the cheating thing, which strikes me as desperate and stupid. I don't know the exact number, but the votes cast can be in the range of 20 million....so if she and her friends set up 600 fake boxes and voted 12 times each (is it 12 votes per address?) that would be 7200 extra votes - which .00036% - or something like that, whatever.
    On to Ty, this guy is gaining a following. I wouldn't be surprised if he's around longer than a lot of people who never saw him as competition, which I suspect is just how he likes it. And you can bet that his rodeo buddies aren't stuffing the ballot boxes.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3396212;
    600 fake boxes and voted 12 times each (is it 12 votes per address?) that would be 7200 extra votes
    The number of votes each week = the number of contestants each week.

Personally, I didn't find Marissa annoying at all. I thought it was cute how excited she would always get, especially the first time she got 9's. I admit, though I'm biased since she was Tony's partner.

Ty seems so sweet and humble.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3396137;
    There was a rumor, between Marissa and her friends, they had set up well over 600 e-mail addresses and used multiple phone lines to cast votes for herself. Not unethical, but I don't think Marissa was worth sticking around as long as she did. That girl was just annoying. Especially her 'I want to last until the group number', 'I want to make the TV Guide photoshoot', 'I'm just having too much fun who cares if I'm not the best'. What bugged me more was she openly talked about it. Like she was bragging.....

~~~~~~~~~

Over 600 e-mail addresses? sdl is right -- desparate AND stupid. I have a completely different opinion of her now.

I'm so looking forward to seeing how Ty does on Monday. He appears to have a strong work ethic and will really work at getting the routine. PLUS, that save last week makes me think that he can think on his feet. I'm rooting for the cowboy!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan;3396250;
    Personally, I didn't find Marissa annoying at all. I thought it was cute how excited she would always get, especially the first time she got 9's. I admit, though I'm biased since she was Tony's partner.

Ty seems so sweet and humble.
    I felt the same thing about Marissa until after the season was over and I found out about the voting stuff. It just showed her lack of character.

Regarding Ty, I think he's totally adorable and sweet. I love how he is improving each week. I will probably start voting for him once Steve-O is gone.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread