+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Re: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

I love Ty as well, what a sweetheart!

Unfortunately, I think he will always be much better in the ballroom dances than the latin dances.. but hopefully not.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

I am reminded of something from a while back: Some of you may remember the "80's TV show Northern Exposure. At the time a lot of us were swooning over John Corbett, who played "Chris in the Morning," the local DJ. I remember reading an article about him by a female journalist. He told her he wears mostly cowboy boots and is a cowboy at heart, and he was single at the time. The journalist said, "He can park his boots under my bed any time"! I've never forgotten that! I imagine a lot of us feel the same way about Ty, even though he has a beautiful wife. I just love his "aw shucks" kind of humor. I enjoy his comments during rehearsal almost as much as his dances. It's nice to see a "star" that is humble and not totally impressed with himself or herself!

Just seen this and thought I'd bring it here:

Ty Murray: Ballroom Dancing Is Like Bull Riding - PEOPLE TV Watch

Ty Murray: Ballroom Dancing Is Like Bull Riding

Ballroom dancing is no different from getting into the ring with a bull — at least to season 8 Dancing with the Stars contender Ty Murray.

In a MySpace video posted Monday, the rodeo star, who is interviewed by wife Jewel, is asked who he thinks is his toughest competitor on the show. He says, “I look at [the competition] just like I did my bull riding career. I don’t have any control over the other competitors, I just gotta keep control of myself and make sure that I’m able to hopefully focus in and not get the jitters too bad.”

Murray certainly proved he could master both his nerves and the foxtrot on Monday’s show. He managed to save partner Chelsie Hightower’s slip-up and showed off elegant ballroom moves that had all the judges calling him most improved and Bruno Tonioli dubbing him “a mini Fred Astaire.”

And while Jewel, who was sidelined with a leg injury from the show, admits to not being much help to Murray with his Dancing. He begs to differ. “Jewel is my support system,” Murray says. “She’s there every night when I get home and she’s there every morning when I get up. She even gave me a foot rub the other night, which I needed desperately.”

Chelsie is such a cutie, and Ty's improvement from week 1 has been marked.

As much as I looooove Ty and am so impressed with his improvement, I have to say how much I am enjoying Chelsie also.

I did not care for her on SYTYCD, she came across very immature and foolish (although a great dancer!). Here, she is fun, oh so talented, and a great teacher.

It just is a real pleasure to watch the both of them become a real team, unlike some of the others....
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I too like Ty and I'm hoping that he is like some the atheletes--Who is that football player who ended up winning?---and continues to improve. He MUST have great reflexes and athleticism in order to perform at the TOP of his sport for years. He's getting his basic comfort level and I will look for him to build on the basics. He seems willing and able to work very hard to achieve his goal. I look and hope that he'll be around for a while.

For me, Ty is the perfect example of what's fun about this show - watching someone start out seemingly with two left feet but who blossoms into a decent dancer. I look forward to seeing how far he can improve - if the first few weeks are any indication, the sky is the limit! And I agree, Chelsie deserves alot of credit because she obviously must be doing a great job of teaching him or he couldn't possibly have improved so much otherwise.

FORT Fogey

Ty is most improved and I've loved Chelsie since SYTYCD so I was thrilled she was asked to be on DWTS. She is a great teacher and is wonderful about installing confidence in Ty which is key. I hope they stick around a while as they really are a joy to watch.

Cute article about Ty and Jewel, their plans for a family, and his experience on DWTS:

Dancing's Ty Murray Wants Two Kids for Him and Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3394658;
    Cute article about Ty and Jewel, their plans for a family, and his experience on DWTS:

Dancing's Ty Murray Wants Two Kids for Him and Jewel
    When I read this in the article: "Read on for more about Ty and Jewel's family plans..."

...I thought better that then "Read on for more plans about Ty's family Jewels."

He is so charming, without (I think) intending to be. Jewel really does have a real jewel in Ty. He seems to have a really positive outlook on life.

+ Reply to Thread