Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belinda Carlisle & Jonathan Roberts - Season 8

Belinda Carlisle & Jonathan Roberts - Season 8

PROFESSION:
    Singer

PARTNER:
    Jonathan Roberts

BACKGROUND:
    Belinda Carlisle is not only known as the lead singer of the Go-Go's, the most successful all-female band of all time, but also as one of the late 80's most glamorous adult pop soloists. The Go-Gos' 1981 multi-platinum hit debut, "Beauty and the Beat," spawned mega hits "Our Lips Are Sealed" and "We Got the Beat" and made the Go-Go's the first all-female band (who wrote their own music and played their own instruments) to achieve a #1 album. The following years saw continued success for the girls with hits "Vacation," "Head Over Heels," and "Turn To You." Belinda led off her solo career with the gold debut "Belinda," and followed with huge mainstream hits "Mad About You," "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" and "I Get Weak," to name a few. Since then, Belinda has released 5 more albums, including 2007's French pop collection, "Voila," and continues to tour internationally, both with her Go-Go's sisters and as a solo artist.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Belinda Carlisle & Jonathan Roberts - Season 8

I have no clue if she can dance, but since Belinda Carlisle is intrinsically cool, I hope this show doesn't slap some ridiculous costumes on her and risk cheesing that up.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Is it just me, or does it look like she's had some work done to her face over the years?

Well, I hope she can dance, at least!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I don't know if she's had work or not, but she has lost weight. That could account for any change in her face.

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3338791;
    Is it just me, or does it look like she's had some work done to her face over the years?
    It does look like she's had a lift, or botox maybe. But I've always thought she was pretty. She's got to be what, close to 50 now?

I hope she does well.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3338791;

Well, I hope she can dance, at least!
    Looks like her face has been squeezed togather something is defintely different. But I loved her back in her day and hope she goes far.

Who is John Galt?

Jonathan won the American Smooth competition in the American Ballroom Challenge (aired last week and re-run on Saturday) and was in competition for the overall win. He had a new partner named Valentina and his wife, Anna, who was competing in another area was also with a new partner. What's up with that? Are they still married? Does anybody know?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Jonathan and Anna are still married, they just dance with different partners because of their dance styles. I heard Anna and her professional partner, if it's the same one, split up. I wish Anna was back this season

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3359925;
    Jonathan won the American Smooth competition in the American Ballroom Challenge (aired last week and re-run on Saturday) and was in competition for the overall win. He had a new partner named Valentina and his wife, Anna, who was competing in another area was also with a new partner. What's up with that? Are they still married? Does anybody know?
    I watched that show and went right to their website to find out what was going on because it was odd seeing him with this Valentina girl. According to it, they are still together but with new partners.

I didn't think they were all that good. I didn't think there was much chemistry between them and I didn't really like the dancing they did. But evidently the judges saw something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3339047;
    I don't know if she's had work or not, but she has lost weight. That could account for any change in her face.
    i read somewhere she was going to be a spokesperson for a weight loss company....she does look a lot different that what i remember her back in the 80's....ouch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast