+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

Re: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

I'm thinking the low scores are on purpose, but not because he pissed off TPTB.

With his injury list growing each week, they probably see him as a liability and would rather he left now, than before he injured himself to the point of not being able to walk or something worse. Which would reflect horribly on the show and they either lose their "stars" or the show all together. Not because of the liability factor but because no one would want to do it.

Hence the reason I think the judges gave him the low scores, to kind of push him out of the competition before anything else happens to him. Because he doesn't appear to want to leave on his own, which is fine, but his body is telling him something and he's not listening.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tmpray;3391384;
    I'm thinking the low scores are on purpose, but not because he pissed off TPTB.

With his injury list growing each week, they probably see him as a liability and would rather he left now, than before he injured himself to the point of not being able to walk or something worse. Which would reflect horribly on the show and they either lose their "stars" or the show all together. Not because of the liability factor but because no one would want to do it.

Hence the reason I think the judges gave him the low scores, to kind of push him out of the competition before anything else happens to him. Because he doesn't appear to want to leave on his own, which is fine, but his body is telling him something and he's not listening.
    Oh I just think they want him out. He is not a serious contender and it is to the point of being just silly now. There is always someone who stays too long and the new format is designed to hopefully push someone like him out faster.

The Woz slammed the show in his blog, (someone else posted this with the quotes from the blog, regarding how rigged the show is, which he later retracted). So the judges were showing their bias with the Woz; but good heavens, it looks to me like they scored Cloris higher and her performances were horrid, classless, and annoying in the least.
    Fair it is NOT, they should be judging performances, and in my opinion, the Woz's improving performance was better than his score. Not that I support the slam he made, I do not.
    I do think that he should be voted off as he is not up to the other contestants, but score the performances fairly, not preferentially.

FORT Fogey

Woz was asked to be on the show, and he should at least be treated with respect that he is giving it his all. I do not see a guy just standing around, but a guy who is trying very hard to try and dance. I got to give the guys some props he has had two injuries, and is still smiling and trying yet a girl with dance experience and no injuries is his competition. I do not think the show is necessarily rigged at all, but it sure seems to pick people like Cloris, Woz, Springer, just to have someone to poke fun at, and that is not entertainment to me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by everly2;3392176;
    The Woz slammed the show in his blog, (someone else posted this with the quotes from the blog, regarding how rigged the show is, which he later retracted). So the judges were showing their bias with the Woz; but good heavens, it looks to me like they scored Cloris higher and her performances were horrid, classless, and annoying in the least.
    Fair it is NOT, they should be judging performances, and in my opinion, the Woz's improving performance was better than his score. Not that I support the slam he made, I do not.
    I do think that he should be voted off as he is not up to the other contestants, but score the performances fairly, not preferentially.
    Of the two, I think that Cloris deserved higher scores than Woz. Neither of them are good dancers in the slightest. But Cloris is an entertainer, and she found ways to entertain the audience. Woz is not an entertainer, and he's merely dancing poorly -- nothing entertaining about it. Given that it's not his background I don't find fault in Steve for not finding ways to entertain. But I also don't think he should be given credit or points for something he's not doing.

FORT Fanatic

I am so glad that Woz is coming back to dance another week!! Take that Len, Bruno and Carrie Ann.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3391326;

And the song they danced to played in the end credits of 'Beetlejuice'. I wonder if that inspired Karina's outfit any.

Now that makes sense. I was wondering why she was wearing something so hideous.

I'm finding Karina more likeable this season. She seems to have lost the sourpuss face and seems to genuinely be concerned about Woz. Perhaps being engaged to Maks has mellowed her.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3392205;
    Woz was asked to be on the show, and he should at least be treated with respect that he is giving it his all. I do not see a guy just standing around, but a guy who is trying very hard to try and dance. I got to give the guys some props he has had two injuries, and is still smiling and trying yet a girl with dance experience and no injuries is his competition. I do not think the show is necessarily rigged at all, but it sure seems to pick people like Cloris, Woz, Springer, just to have someone to poke fun at, and that is not entertainment to me.
    I totally agree. I'm happy the fans saved him.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3392211;
    Of the two, I think that Cloris deserved higher scores than Woz. Neither of them are good dancers in the slightest. But Cloris is an entertainer, and she found ways to entertain the audience. Woz is not an entertainer, and he's merely dancing poorly -- nothing entertaining about it. Given that it's not his background I don't find fault in Steve for not finding ways to entertain. But I also don't think he should be given credit or points for something he's not doing.
    I disagree that he's not as entertaining, or at least trying to be. Considering his non-showbiz background, I think he's making a valiant effort. His Buddy Holly routine was cute as all gitty-up. And he did the Worm this week! His jokes may not all land, but he's still serving them up each week.

The judges' scores have reflected the quality of his actual dancing. That 10 was pretty harsh.

If people aren't finding him entertaining, IMO it's not for his lack of trying. Blog grumbling aside, I think he's displayed good humor and a willingness to dive in head-first throughout. Nobody expects him to win. But he's still there because he's still trying, whereas unmotivated celebs like Denise and Belinda have already been weeded out.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3392628;
    I disagree that he's not as entertaining, or at least trying to be. Considering his non-showbiz background, I think he's making a valiant effort. His Buddy Holly routine was cute as all gitty-up. And he did the Worm this week! His jokes may not all land, but he's still serving them up each week.

The judges' scores have reflected the quality of his actual dancing. That 10 was pretty harsh.

If people aren't finding him entertaining, IMO it's not for his lack of trying. Blog grumbling aside, I think he's displayed good humor and a willingness to dive in head-first throughout. Nobody expects him to win. But he's still there because he's still trying, whereas unmotivated celebs like Denise and Belinda have already been weeded out.
    10 is harsh, but backlashes of viewers, methinks are harsher...

In the end, Woz was helped by the scores of the Judges.

People just plain like The Woz, and don't want to see the Judges mess with him, even if his performance was rather iffy.

+ Reply to Thread