+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

"ET" is reporting that the Woz - Steve Wozniak - has pulled a hamstring, but no word on whether the dear boy will dance tonight.

And CNET.com posted 40 mintes ago that it's been a tense 24 hours for those who love high-class entertainment.

But Steve Wozniak has finally decided that, hamstring be damnedstring, he will samba with his professional partner, Karina Smirnoff, on tonight's "Dancing with the Stars.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-23-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3390152;

And CNET.com posted 40 mintes ago that it's been a tense 24 hours for those who love high-class entertainment.

But Steve Wozniak has finally decided that, hamstring be damnedstring, he will samba with his professional partner, Karina Smirnoff, on tonight's "Dancing with the Stars.
    Love it! I'd be disappointed if he had to sit out. He's so much fun to watch! So, maybe Karina won't make any sourpuss faces tonight (please?).
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-23-2009 at 01:32 PM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Premium Member

Geez, it seems like they are dropping like flies! It's hard for me to imagine anyone being able to dance with an injured hammy, because that remains on my top 3 list of the most painful things I've ever had happen to me. He's already pushed through last week with the foot fracture, so I hope he's okay and wish him the best.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm really curious what is it about this show anymore and the all the injuries? They never used to have all this. Cloris, with all her health problems, managed to get through without any serious setbacks. But the last two seasons especially the injuries pile up more than the season before. I cringe to think what season 9 brings!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3390161;
    Geez, it seems like they are dropping like flies! It's hard for me to imagine anyone being able to dance with an injured hammy, because that remains on my top 3 list of the most painful things I've ever had happen to me.
    Me too. And they take forever to heal.

Makes you wonder if the pros are so focused on winning that they are seriously overworking the celebs.

Thanks for the ino. I'm glad he'll still dance. He's having fun, and I smile when I watch him dance.

It is scary all the injuries there have been the past two seasons. I hope they can figure out a way to prevent them from happening so much for season 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3390167;
    Me too. And they take forever to heal.

Makes you wonder if the pros are so focused on winning that they are seriously overworking the celebs.
    I saw Cheryl on some show (Access Hollywood or one of those type of shows) and she was saying that she never works them longer than 4 hours but she had heard that some of the pros are going longer than that and she feels that's why the injuries.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

In terms of all the injuries--as an athlete I think it has more to do with who is in shape physically (and that includes flexibility) and who is not.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3390180;
    In terms of all the injuries--as an athlete I think it has more to do with who is in shape physically (and that includes flexibility) and who is not.
    I'd agree with that, but I'm thinking they are working them much harder. In previous seasons you didn't see this kind or number of injuries. What's changed? You have the same types of celebs - some way more fit than others and some obviously out of shape. I can only assume it's their regimen.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3390186;
    I'd agree with that, but I'm thinking they are working them much harder. In previous seasons you didn't see this kind or number of injuries. What's changed? You have the same types of celebs - some way more fit than others and some obviously out of shape. I can only assume it's their regimen.

I'll have to think about it and look at the list of "Stars" but I don't think there have been as many stars as out of shape as Steve Wozniak.

Nor as full of themselves as Steve-O who pretty much caused his own injury.

When the Volleyball star (Misty May Trainor) got hurt it was the very day she went from wearing one kind of shoe to a totally different kind. The different hieght of heel on th shoes chanegd the length of ehr Achilles tendon and weakened it--it's a prone to wekness anyway--and the tendon snapped.

As for this season's female injuries-- both had knee-related injuries which in women are actually hip-related injuries. Women are much more prone to knee injuries because our hips are wider than men's and the ligaments from the big muscles--the Quadripceps-- attach to the kneecap at a very different angle.

It is a fact of life that female athletes are very conscious of.

I'll have to think about the other injuries on the show and get back with those.......
    Last edited by steppemaster; 03-23-2009 at 01:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread