+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

Re: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

Dude can't dance, but at least he is enthusiastic and appears to be having fun. That's what I like to see. There's only going to be one winner, a few in the running, so the rest are there for pure entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3387942;
    Wow...apparently Woz had to eat some humble pie today:

OOPS! But I like how he went for the funny at the end, even while groveling.
    I still think there is something odd here...Apology or no. If the score is 50% judges, and 50% audience he should not have been bottom 2.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-23-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

DWTS also has text voting and online voting, which I think counts way more than phone voting.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-23-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Woz is not a good dancer, but I find myself smiling the whole time he's on the screen because he has so much fun.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3388488;
    Woz is not a good dancer, but I find myself smiling the whole time he's on the screen because he has so much fun.
    Compared to the other much better dancers on the show, he can't dance. However, if we were all sitting at a table surrounding a large, open dance floor at say a wedding reception watching him do these dances among everyday people who can't even do as much as he can do, we would be looking at each other and saying, "Hmmm...you know that kind of heavy guy out there is pretty good considering his age and build."
    All things are relative.....
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3388652;
    Compared to the other much better dancers on the show, he can't dance. However, if we were all sitting at a table surrounding a large, open dance floor at say a wedding reception watching him do these dances among everyday people who can't even do as much as he can do, we would be looking at each other and saying, "Hmmm...you know that kind of heavy guy out there is pretty good considering his age and build."
    All things are relative.....
    Yes Ma'am!!! He's not great, but he's just fun!!! You're right, he knows some steps that most people don't know.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Regular

Someone posted on the MacDailyNews weblog that Woz was injured yesterday - possibly a pulled hamstring. It said it was posted on his Woz.org website, complete with a picture that is included with the post, but has been removed. I didn't see it on Woz's site yesterday when I checked it off and on throughout the day.

I hope Woz is okay and has his doctor's approval to continue practice, and to dance on Monday.

I agree, he's not much of a dancer, but he's so fun to watch. It's neat to see someone who is having such a great time. Looks like he is loving every minute of this. I smile when he dances. He reminds me a little of Steve Guttenburg in that regard, just so happy and appreciative to be there.

I hope he'll be okay and that his injuries won't cause him to have to drop out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DayByDay;3388930;
    Someone posted on the MacDailyNews weblog that Woz was injured yesterday - possibly a pulled hamstring. It said it was posted on his Woz.org website, complete with a picture that is included with the post, but has been removed. I didn't see it on Woz's site yesterday when I checked it off and on throughout the day.

I hope Woz is okay and has his doctor's approval to continue practice, and to dance on Monday.

Regis just mentiioned this this morning. He also said that Woz pulled a hamstring. Regis didn't say where he got the info from though.
    He seemed to think that Woz would not be dancing tonight.

As i said--I don't know where Regis got the info from.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

If Woz can't dance tonight and they have to do another 'only by dress rehearsal' for scores they really need to do something about this season. It's gotten a little silly with 2 contestants having to pull out, one not being able to perform his dance, and now Woz and Gilles still on the injured list.

+ Reply to Thread