+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

Re: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

The Woz knows he isn't gonna win, but when he tied with Belinda he had to know he would last another week.

And besides, he just having so much fun there.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-23-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Woz's spirit is off the charts - I enjoy watching the joy in his face while he's dancing......and even when he's being told he's a bad dancer!!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I was flipping between DWTS and AI last night. What are the new judging rules? Why did both couples have to do the danceoff? Does that mean that only judges votes were counted?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The viewers votes counted for 50% and the new judges votes counted for 50% - we were not told what the viewer votes were.

the dance-off was the opportunity to improve the performance and possibly get a higher score - which didnt work for Belinda, Woz got the same score.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Steve does appear to be puttin a lot of himself in to this as he perspires a lot in the practice session videos and I appreciate his effort - but he cannot dance! IMO

FORT Fogey

If he's in bottom again I think he'll go home. I was glad he made it through the first week.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

In the confessional videos Karina was crying over the Woz getting bad remarks and scores from the judges. She feels like she wants to "protect him" from all that. Steve seemed shocked that she'd feel bad for him. Maybe that's what the pouting is really all about, because Karina had a different side to her last night. Steve is such a pleasure. His inclusion shocked me the most but he's been the biggest surprise personality wise.

I'm bummed that I didn't record the recap of the Woz' first dance, but I got his second dance. He's adorable, modest, positive, hard-working and entertaining (qualities that Melissa shares). This is why they are my favorites! Soooo different, but so similar.

I started out wanting to save (recording-wise) Melissa, Gilles, and Shawn. Even though I think those will be the top 3, I'm only saving Mel's and Woz' dances.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Wow...apparently Woz had to eat some humble pie today:
    Wozniak sorry he called ‘Dancing’ show ‘fake’
    He had said his placement in bottom two was ‘an outright lie’

Viewers regularly complain that reality shows are fixed or fake — a list that supposedly predetermined "American Idol's" four finalists was leaked earlier this week. But rarely is the complainer a current participant on the show.

Apple Computer co-founder Steve Wozniak apologized Tuesday night for an earlier Facebook post in which he questioned the truthfulness of the voting results announced on "Dancing With the Stars," the ABC program on which he is currently competing.

That Facebook post has been deleted, but a post on the CNET Weblog "Technically Incorrect" quotes Wozniak as writing "I’m sure they want me in this dance-off to get higher Tuesday ratings, and they have preplanned it so that I win." CNET says the post went up Tuesday morning.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

There was indeed a dance-off held on the show Tuesday night, between Wozniak and Go-Gos singer Belinda Carlisle, and Wozniak was announced as the winner. Carlisle was sent home, and it was announced that the combination of judges' scores for her two previous dances, the dance-off performance, and viewer votes was lower than that for Wozniak.

But just before the show, a new message from Wozniak was posted to Facebook by a friend, Joe Patane (himself a reality show veteran who appeared on "Real World Miami" in 1996).

In the new note, Wozniak apologized for calling the "Dancing" producers liars, said that they had explained the voting system to his satisfaction and that "you can tell when things are extremely on the level."

He also wrote that he now understood why the show could not release exact vote totals, saying "that would make it harder to detect fraud." He wrote that the producers had explained to him how they "can catch onto various forms of manipulation of the system by exactly the methods I had thought out in my head that would work."

"I hurt a lot of honest people," Wozniak wrote. "I felt so horrible inside when Conrad (Green, a "Dancing" producer) ... told me how horribly what I had said injured the show and himself."

"Now I feel like a heel who stuck his shoe in his mouth," he wrote.
    OOPS! But I like how he went for the funny at the end, even while groveling.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I wondered if Steve was actually joking when he said he had a chance and would go far and the people were voting like wildfire for him. Now? I guess he bought his own hype. Decent pleasant guy but no shock to many he was in the bottom 2. I think he better be careful shooting his mouth off. Besides, if they rig this show for someone to win it, safe to say it won't.

+ Reply to Thread