+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

Re: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

Steve reminded me a LOT of Penn. Nope, I don't think he'll be around awhile, but I enjoyed watching him enjoy what he was doing.

And Karina even seemed softer and more likeable (I guess a little Maks in your life will DO that for a girl!).
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3340850;
    I would imagine that most computer literate people know that Steve Wozniak is the co-inventer of Apple Computer. I knew his name long before reality tv became popular. I certainly did not know he was ever on a reality show before this one.
    Same here, Florimel. My first home computer was the Apple IIe. When I looked at the list of Season 8 contestants, Steve Wozniak was one of the only ones I had known about before this past year. Most were unknowns (to me), although I know they are well known to others.

It will be interesting to see the strength of these Steve supporters. Just do a google search on "vote for woz" to see the word is out there to cast their votes. I saw it posted on many forums, and read that it's on facebook and twitter.

Steve has a blog where he says that it's a new demographic for DWTS. Also, there are plans for an iphone app for voting for Steve.

Let's see if this fan base can keep Steve around.

Apparently Woz is the latest dancer to injure himself:
    Steve Wozniak Struck by the 'Dancing with the Stars' Curse!

The injuries on "Dancing with the Stars" continue to mount -- and ET has the latest.

Holly Madison and Melissa Rycroft stepped in to replace two injured celeb dancers, Gilles Marini suffered a separated shoulder and now Apple computer co-founder Steve Wozniak is snapped wearing a cast.

The "Dancing with the Stars" competitor, who is partnered with Karina Smirnoff, was spotted with a removable cast on his left leg, allegedly due to a foot fracture.

The good news: ET has confirmed with an ABC spokesperson that Steve will still be competing. His doctor has advised caution and he is to wear his cast as much as possible and rest his foot whenever he can.

Steve has vowed that next week's performance will be "wild and fast, and all-over and crazy and fun, just like the first one."
    I know he won't last long, but I can't help but root for him a little.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think the computer geek fan base might surprise us. He does seem to be having fun and taking it seriously all at the same time. I wouldn't mind seeing him outlast Holly, Ty, and Steve-O, though I doubt it'll happen. I never thought I'd be a fan of Karina's but she won me over last season and I really wish she'd get another strong contender. Next to Kym and Edyta she's definitely also gotten the shaft more than once on partners.

FORT Fogey

He could win it. He has access to a whole bunch of employees, phones and computers. lol He's a sweet guy and tries hard. I don't think he'll be first or even second to go. I truly don't. I think it will be interesting to watch the interaction between Maks and Karina now that they are engaged. She can be a little abrasive so maybe he'll soften her some. Denise is flirty so I could see some fireworks happening here but I hope it stays fun and positive.

I really like the Woz' positive and fun-loving attitude. He's entertaining and kinda fits into the "teddy bear" nitch. He took the judges' critiques with poise and positivity...I love it. I hope he doesn't go too soon. Yes, he's filthy rich, but he's likeable.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

what's with the dirty look Karina kept giving Steve last night? either he has major body odor or she has a major attitude problem

I say its B - I think she's ticked off not to have a better partner. She didn't seem to have anything to say to Samantha - no words of encourage for Steve at all.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3382687;
    I really like the Woz' positive and fun-loving attitude. He's entertaining and kinda fits into the "teddy bear" nitch. He took the judges' critiques with poise and positivity...I love it. I hope he doesn't go too soon. Yes, he's filthy rich, but he's likeable.
    If you're gonna be rich, you might as well be filthy rich.

I just love this guy's attitude and wouldn't be mad if he stayed a couple of extra weeks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3384876;
    I say its B - I think she's ticked off not to have a better partner. She didn't seem to have anything to say to Samantha - no words of encourage for Steve at all.
    Maks has had public words to say about Karina's "poor" partner which I think is rather unfortunate coming from a professional. Stever may be no Mario, but he has been fun to watch, and he has an infectious attitude.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread