+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3395664;
    I have to be honest. I do have 4 email accounts that I use to vote. I've been voting for Steve-O with 2 of them and for Melissa with the other 2. Considering I usually to about 50-100 votes via text for AI I don't feel like giving 24 votes each to my 2 favorite contestants is excessive or unfair. I will continue to vote for Steve-O and Melissa until Steve-O is voted off (hopefully not before WOZ as I do not find WOZ charming or entertaining at all, I just find him creepy and gross) and then I'll probably only vote for Melissa. I might vote for Ty or DAG but probably not.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with excessively voting for your favorite contestant(s). If there's nothing in the rules that say you can't do it, go for it. I always wondered why DWTS had a restriction anyway, because people can obviously get around that rule. I don't know if it really ends up making that big of a difference in terms of trying to keep the votes fair or since it deals with celebs keep things to a minimum. I do split my votes among Gilles, LT, and DAG, but I guess I don't have the energy to log in and out with different e-mail addresses. Maybe it's the time I go on the website but the ABC site always gives me the worst time in logging in and casting my votes that I could be there at the finale trying to cast my votes for week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by FableChild;3395595;
    I do think Steve-O has somewhat of a cult following, but I don't think many of them are from the demographic that watches this show. Lacey was pretty controversial last season as the new comer rebel, so who knows what her fan base is. I think what has kept Steve-O in this is so far is he seems to very sincere and dedicated and then the fact that he got injured so people want to give him a chance to see if he can really do it. I wouldn't be very surprised if Woz outlasts him.
    That's why people like Woz and Steve-O are cast: they bring in new demographics besides the predictable ones. Computer geeks and Jackass fans may never have watched DWTS before, but they're watching it now. And some of them might even stay, which is what ABC hopes for each season.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3393757;

If he does leave soon I am curious to know who his fans might vote for or if they would even vote for anyone else.
    Woz has asked his supporters to vote for Steve-O if he is sent home before Steve-O.

This is from an email he sent to the Vote For Woz Fan Site on facebook:
    I was also very glad when Steve O. got saved. We have to find a way to help him with votes if I ever get sent home. I know he'll do the same for me. And that sort of combined votes could make the total difference right to the finals.
    In spite of the Woz's request, I won't be voting for Steve-O if he outlasts The Woz.

Apparently, the two Steve's have become good friends. People has an article about their friendship on their site: link

What a sight it must be seeing the two of them riding segways together.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3393853;
    This is just me, but I'm betting that once he drops out, nobody much from his fan base will continue to vote. I frequent (and I do mean that in the fullest sense of the word) a geek board, and while they are alll dancing with the Woz, beside the hawt chics on the show, they aren't really interested.
    I would hesitate to put The Woz's fan base into any one category. I don't think any particular geek board represents the range of people who admire The Woz for all his contributions. I don't think anyone really knows yet how many will stick around when The Woz is not on. Obviously, ABC is hoping to keep some of these viewers.

That's so sweet of Woz to ask his supporters to vote for Steve-O if Woz gets eliminated first. I vaguely remember hearing another celebrity say that he was voting for a fellow contestant this season. I just can't remember who said it.

Isn't it wonderful the friendships that are formed on DWTS?! People who might never have met each other/gotten to know each other form close friends from being on the show. It's great!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan;3395717;
    That's so sweet of Woz to ask his supporters to vote for Steve-O if Woz gets eliminated first. I vaguely remember hearing another celebrity say that he was voting for a fellow contestant this season. I just can't remember who said it.
    Lil Kim said she voted for Woz and Gilles voted for Steve-O.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

From Us Weekly's hottest celebrity news, photos, fashion, and videos from Hollywood | Usmagazine.com

DWTS' Steve Wozniak to Walk Partner Karina Smirnoff Down the Aisle
    Saturday March 28, 2009

Steve Wozniak and Karina Smirnoff

John Shearer/WireImage.com;Tiffany Rose/Getty Images
    Buzz up!

Steve Wozniak really has something to dance about!

The Apple billionaire and co-founder has gotten so close to his Dancing With the Stars partner, Karina Smirnoff, that he got an invitation to her upcoming wedding to fellow dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

See funny photos of the new DWTS cast rehearsing.

"She said I could walk her down the aisle, and it touched my heart," Wozniak told The Insider on Thursday.

But if Wozniak plans to take the that walk without pain, he will have to nurse his current injuries -- he has a fractured foot and a pulled hamstring.

Check out some of DWTS' most over-the-top outfits!

"He's a little out of his element but has the biggest personality you'll ever meet," Smirnoff said about her dancing partner. "He's super funny and super charming."

The dancing couple have begun planning their wedding, which will take place before the year is up.

Take a look back at the stars who said "I Do!" last year.

"We started talking about it and figuring out when and where we're going to have it," Smirnoff told Us last month. "But there's so many family members that have a say that we got to try to make sure that everyone will be happy. But we think it will be sometime before the end of this year. So, not so long."

Chmerkovskiy, who danced with Denise Richards, was ousted this week. Wozniak and Smirnoff, despite low scores from the judges, are still in the competition.
    Well, that's one way to guarantee a nice wedding gift. . .

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3395963;
    Well, that's one way to guarantee a nice wedding gift. . .
    Yeah, but I'm sure Woz would get Karina a great gift (just for being his intructor/dance partner) even if she hadn't asked him to be in the wedding. I'm getting the feeling he is super generous. A car, house would be nothing for him.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-29-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

And how sweet Karina will have the Woz walk her down the aisle! I'd be willing to make an exception if they wanted to televise Maks/Karina's wedding about people getting too much exposure and being famewhores. I'm sure that's going to be a fun affair, and the reception will probably be a sight to be seen.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-29-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DayByDay;3395710;
    Woz has asked his supporters to vote for Steve-O if he is sent home before Steve-O.

This is from an email he sent to the Vote For Woz Fan Site on facebook:

In spite of the Woz's request, I won't be voting for Steve-O if he outlasts The Woz.

Apparently, the two Steve's have become good friends. People has an article about their friendship on their site: link

What a sight it must be seeing the two of them riding segways together.

I would hesitate to put The Woz's fan base into any one category. I don't think any particular geek board represents the range of people who admire The Woz for all his contributions. I don't think anyone really knows yet how many will stick around when The Woz is not on. Obviously, ABC is hoping to keep some of these viewers.
    Am I the only one that actually votes based on the dances?!? Friendship is one thing, but apparently Woz doesn't think it matters if Steve-O doesn't dance the best on a given night - people should just blindly vote for him and then for Steve-O? I find this bothersome. I like the Woz (I'm a computer nerd myself), but I would hate to see this ploy take hold and end up with BOTH Steves outlasting some of the better dancers.

+ Reply to Thread