+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 115 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by betteD08;3391271;
    I don't think his marks being even with Melissa is unfair at all. Remember it's a totally different dance. I think her Foxtrot was a spot-on, proper Foxtrot that looked so effortless and graceful. His Samba was a delicious Samba mixed with difficulty and sensuality. What you need to keep an eye out for then is when Melissa takes her turn at Samba, see how the two dances compare.
    I was just thinking that it would be cool to watch both their sambas, one after the other.

Melissa did her salsa last week, and it was outstanding. She got a 26; for some unknown reason, Len gave an 8 despite his extremely positive comments.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 03-24-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: salsa, not samba
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3391275;
    I was just thinking that it would be cool to watch both their sambas, one after the other.

Melissa did her samba last week, and it was outstanding. She got a 26; for some unknown reason, Len gave an 8 despite his extremely positive comments.
    She did the Salsa last week.
    "The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope.

Quote Originally Posted by betteD08;3391283;
    She did the Salsa last week.
    Thanks!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3391289;
    Thanks!
    Not that I could begin to explain the difference between a Salsa and a Samba

It's an interesting sidebar....but let's see how long they wait to give Melissa and Giles the same dance on the same night.
    "The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope.

Quote Originally Posted by betteD08;3391295;
    Not that I could begin to explain the difference between a Salsa and a Samba

It's an interesting sidebar....but let's see how long they wait to give Melissa and Giles the same dance on the same night.
    Well, you could tell that I'm not clear on the distinction either!

Maybe if they tie for 1st, the dance-off will be the same dance. Although it would probably be more fair (not that TPTB probably care about that) to have them each do a random draw.

FORT Fogey

The Samba is sexy They have AT next week and I love that one as well. I think Gilles will remain a frontrunner throughout the comp.

I think they flip flop dances at a certain point. Probably Week 5.

I love this guy!

He should have at least gotten a 10 last night IMO, he was great! And Carrie Ann was right, Cheryl really seems to be working harder for/with Gilles, probably because she knows how good he is.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Cheryl and Gilles are stunning together. When they dance, they dance with such passion I don't see or feel with the other dancers.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

It's good to see that so many people who had never heard of this guy before being on DWTS are giving him a chance. Perhaps it isn't such a bad idea to cast people who don't fit the traditional definition of 'star.'

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3392274;
    It's good to see that so many people who had never heard of this guy before being on DWTS are giving him a chance. Perhaps it isn't such a bad idea to cast people who don't fit the traditional definition of 'star.'
    But, he is a star. Gilles is an actor in France and now breaking out in the US. He has ALREADY acted in a US movie but needs more exposure in this country. Usually the stars who come on this show ALREADY have achieved or done something. Probably they have been out of the spotlight for a bit and need exposure or they want to change their image or a re-vamp of their carears, but, they ARE stars. Even Holly is part of a show and was made famous by Hugh Hefner. Maybe we have not all heard their names but, it depends on our interests. Of course now we have reality a contestant infamous for being a seriel dumpee - this one wants to be a star. Your comment above gives her also that opportunity. Great

+ Reply to Thread