+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

I empathize with anyone who has an injury on this show. It happens every season to some. I still don't understand, though, how the shoulder injury affects the leg. Christian had a similar injury last season, I think, but it didn't affect his feet.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

He actually wasn't whining when he mentioned his shoulder, I'm pretty sure he stated it when Carrie Ann said something. Maybe I missed something though, but I didn't take it in a complaining way.

He didn't even fail last night. Wasn't his best by any means, but certainly wasn't horrible.

And who doesn't complain from time to time? As long as he doesn't complain every week I'm good
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 04-14-2009 at 07:33 PM.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

It is becoming a weekly thing Not attractive at all
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3413232;
    Uh...maybe Gilles isn't sleeping so well because of a separated shoulder? I know the extent of the pain he has to be going through after working in the medical field for 25 years. I give the man huge KUDOS for dancing as WELL as he is....with that kind of pain.
    I also know the 'pain' of his shoulder injury - from a medical standpoint - yup - he has limitations - not much tho - but ...... it is the using it as the 'excuse' weekly now - plus his other issues that he is being verbal about - that is what bugs me now - it is called 'excuses' - not hearing it so much from others.....
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3413228;
    That funny and sarcastic comment is not even in the same ball park - not even close......... Gilles is complaining alot these days - about not sleeping - score of 8 feeling like a 3 - bad music (ya - and who got THE perfect music for the PD!?!? uuummm) his poor shoulder......... his appeal just took a huge nose-dive in some folks eyes - regarding DWTS - My so-called-perfect - wasn't so perfect last night - the least he can do is to be a bit gracious about things.
    Yeah, gotta give credit where credit is due, Gilles is getting whiny! No fair cutting him any slack -- he is complaining about getting good scores. Time to get out the violin!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3413239;
    I empathize with anyone who has an injury on this show. It happens every season to some. I still don't understand, though, how the shoulder injury affects the leg. Christian had a similar injury last season, I think, but it didn't affect his feet.
    I seperated my shoulder 11 months ago (have had 2 surgeries on it since), and it still hurts like a son of a gun. But, when I first injured it, even walking caused a lot of pain. So, my hat is off to him, because I go through this daily, and it isn't much fun.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Oh well, this is the first time I hear of him complaining. Guess I just don't look around for stuff or anything. I only come here for DWTS stuff and this is the first I see of him complaining.

Atleast he is humble onscreen, unlike some sourpusses (Lawerence Taylor/ Chuck)
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

CA even called Gilles out last night - about the shoulder - he could do some/most movements just fine - but the herky jerky thing - well ........ - I can't imagine how other contestants feel when he comments that an 8 is like getting a 3 - I am sure they would LOVE to get those scores.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3413188;
    [B]

E! Online - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity News

Note to ABC: Could you just please give him and Cheryl the trophy already and spare us the histrionics? I mean, the guy can't eat--do you want a starvation death on your conscience?
    My gosh, that was a funny post, BritLit....
    Ok, those who like him think his comments are no big deal and those who like Melissa find fault with him, so what else is new?
    What I see is a person who pushes himself very, very hard. He takes on routines that are more difficult than anyone else, he has the most demanding, unsympathetic coach of anyone, and the last time I checked he was still unquestionably the best dancer out there.
    Current tally of first place finishes:
    Gilles - 5
    Shawn - 1
    Melissa - 1
    Lil Kim - 1
    So if this is how he pushes himself, he should keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3413232;
    Uh...maybe Gilles isn't sleeping so well because of a separated shoulder? I know the extent of the pain he has to be going through after working in the medical field for 25 years. I give the man huge KUDOS for dancing as WELL as he is....with that kind of pain.
    That separated shoulder is still giving me pause. I also worked in the medical field for many years and I have seen many separated shoulders and I have yet to see a person with one be out dancing the next day, week or month. I've never known of a doctor who wouldn't have vetoed that. I don't doubt for a minute that he hurt his shoulder but separated it? I just don't think so. He is dancing very well and really doesn't need that excuse.

+ Reply to Thread