+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3413104;
    Actually your are right. Melissa is doing quasi ballet. The issue for weeks was whether Gilles could produce the hectic dance without the dark romance bit. And, he could, and did produce it. He proved he could jingle and move to whatever the flow was. Yes, he can do all dances, but so can Lil'Kim. Melissa and Shawn lack in some areas. Lil'im and Gilles have been able to do every dance passably.
    I agree completely. Melissa dances like the cheerleader she was. DCC dance is precision dance, like the Rockettes. I can see her mentally counting out every movement and I find her dance, while good, to be boring.

This is not because I don't like her, which I don't. I find her to be as phony as a $3.00 bill. But, I've never liked L'il Kim and probably never will, but I respect her achievement as a ballroom dancer. She clearly works hard and has shown remarkable improvement. She has earned her place among the top in my opinion.

Gilles is clearly the best at this point and is proving he can do all types of dance, although he really did that early with his quickstep. Cheryl is an amazing teacher and has always known how to choreograph to her partner's strengths and away from their weaknesses. My deep down impression is that the judges may be marking him down a bit so as to prevent him from a backlash of people not voting because they think he has it wrapped up.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

OMG, send a sympathy card. Poor Gilles. BooHooHoo

(Gilles:) I woke up at 6. I couldn't sleep last night. I couldn't sleep because I worked so hard. I dedicated everything I had. I thought I was on time and I thought I did good. I still don't understand.

Gilles, you got a 26! Not bad.

It's just the dedication. I put my heart and soul into it. It's not that I want to come out on top every time, but I just worked so hard. I gave everything I got. But the fact of the matter is we don't choose the song. The song wasn't proper for our jive.

It's an impossible song. It's a crazy song with a million steps. I want to see everybody else doing the dance we did last night and see how they do. I never struggled in my life in any sport like this...It was insane. We worked eight hours a day, not even eating in between. I couldn't get the dance until Sunday at 4 p.m.!

Getting an 8 was like getting a 3.
    E! Online - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity News

Note to ABC: Could you just please give him and Cheryl the trophy already and spare us the histrionics? I mean, the guy can't eat--do you want a starvation death on your conscience?
    Last edited by BritLit; 04-14-2009 at 06:52 PM.

HAHAHA - and they say - and complain - that Chuck whynes - guess it's time to send the cheese to Gilles!!!
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

I believe he does work hard but they all do. They all put in hour after hour of training and it will get even worse this week when they have to do two dances.

They also all get stuck with some crappy songs here and there. He got the Latin instrumental for PD and if they didn't pick that and got assigned it they won the song jackpot that week. I hate more of the songs than I like on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3413201;
    HAHAHA - and they say - and complain - that Chuck whynes - guess it's time to send the cheese to Gilles!!!
    Actually they could share it with Melissa,,,boohoo "i don't see any ring on my finger",,,boohoo.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3413222;
    Actually they could share it with Melissa,,,boohoo "i don't see any ring on my finger",,,boohoo.
    Melissa was being witty, not whiny

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3413222;
    That funny and sarcastic comment is not even in the same ball park - not even close......... Gilles is complaining alot these days - about not sleeping - score of 8 feeling like a 3 - bad music (ya - and who got THE perfect music for the PD!?!? uuummm) his poor shoulder......... his appeal just took a huge nose-dive in some folks eyes - regarding DWTS - My so-called-perfect - wasn't so perfect last night - the least he can do is to be a bit gracious about things.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Uh...maybe Gilles isn't sleeping so well because of a separated shoulder? I know the extent of the pain he has to be going through after working in the medical field for 25 years. I give the man huge KUDOS for dancing as WELL as he is....with that kind of pain.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3413068;
    It was a vg dance but he did have a few issues. The song was too frantic and Cheryl does need to dial that down some because this is the second week it was mentioned. And while his costume was sexy I would have put him in a shirt more fitting the genre. I think it would have helped to create more of a jive feeling.
    I agree the song was too frantic and not as fun as it could have been had it been more traditional music to give it the "jive" feel. I wanted to see Gille's fun side and sense of humor which he did not reveal last night. Perhaps as other's have suggested Cheryl chose some of floor moves to spare his shoulder -- but the dance was lacking in fun and jive feel. He could have resisted the open shirt and leather and kept his shirt on for one night -- I don't think it would have cost him votes from his drooling fans.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3413228;
    That funny and sarcastic comment is not even in the same ball park - not even close......... Gilles is complaining alot these days - about not sleeping - score of 8 feeling like a 3 - bad music (ya - and who got THE perfect music for the PD!?!? uuummm) his poor shoulder......... his appeal just took a huge nose-dive in some folks eyes - regarding DWTS - My so-called-perfect - wasn't so perfect last night - the least he can do is to be a bit gracious about things.
    Very True! His poor shoulder injury didn't make his arms flail and legs jerk - and notice how he just had to mention it in the judges discussion! Melissa was being witty in practice - no whining there...

+ Reply to Thread