+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 115 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Loved the dance. He's great at all the dances and Cheryl, once again, did a great job. I'm not a professional judge, but I certainly felt that it looked as technically good as any of the dances. I just think Gilles is the one to beat.

Gilles jive was excellent last night, kudos to Cheryl and Gilles for another excellent dance.

Gilles and Cheryl did a fantastic job last night. Wow for an injured shoulder, he sure didn't appear to have one, or that it bothered him that much. If it did, I sure give him kudos for dancing like he does.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

Giles did a great job last night. I was disappointed in Cheryl though.
    The chooeophy was a bit too hectic. No problem, they can make up next week

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Competition over!

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3412945;
    Competition over!
    It's funny, I thought the same thing last night when I watched him do this incredibly difficult dance like a professional.
    The big question with Gilles was whether he could do the fast "fun" dances. If anyone else had turned in that performance, the judges would have been screaming and giving high fives.
    The remaining "x factor" is whether the huge Bachelor vote will tilt it to Melissa.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3412952;
    I watched him do this incredibly difficult dance like a professional.
    That was the thought that kept running through my mind the whole time he was dancing. They could have scored better last night if Cheryl had dumbed down the dance, but I'm glad she made it more difficult than any other Jive choreographed this season. It proved that this guy is for real.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3412955;
    That was the thought that kept running through my mind the whole time he was dancing. They could have scored better last night if Cheryl had dumbed down the dance, but I'm glad she made it more difficult than any other Jive choreographed this season. It proved that this guy is for real.
    The great thing about this show, that makes it unlike other reality series, is that you get to know the people in a meaningful way over time. Largely unscripted and unedited, you figure out whether folks have charisma, are whiney, fragile, weak or strong.
    No other contestant has a coach who is as direct, tough and uncompromising as Cheryl. But you never see Gilles acting hurt or complaining about it. No ego or hurt feelings. Can you imagine Chuck being told over and over that he's too slow, too feminine, too clumsy, and so on?
    It seems like this guy really understands that this is his big chance to break out of anonimity, and he's going to give it everything he's got every week.

I'm very proud of Gilles and his performance. His professionalism is outstanding, doing what he has to do when he has to do it regardless of injuries, just like a professional should act. I hope he does win and that this will help him in his career. He deserves it. I don't want Melissa to win just because she is better known at the moment due to TB. She's not a bad dancer, just not as good as Gilles IMO.

I like Gilles and think he's a very good dancer, but I did not enjoy their jive last night. I agreed with Len. And, I thought they were overscored.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread