+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 115 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

I started watching this show to be a good daughter....my mom (in her 70s) LOVES the show.

So I made my weekly visits on Monday nights so she would have someone to watch with.....(and snack with...I bring treats!)

She's never been a prude but, still I thought she might be turned-off by Gilles sexuality. Boy was I wrong! She is so funny to watch. She sits forward in her seat and smiles deliriously.

The other thing she enjoys most? The SEXY costumes worn by the pros!

Love my mom.....

I too enjoy the sexy costumes worn by the pros. But only on them, I wouldn't enjoy them at all on a body like many normal people have ... LOL ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3410117;
    Personally, I don't understand why people are so horrified by the human body, one of the most remarkable products of evolution and a thing of beauty in all shapes and forms. Chacun a son gout, I guess.
    I'm no prude and I'm not horrified by the human body. Just Gilles' body, which I find to be rather repulsive. It's OK that some people are attracted to him and it's OK that some are not. I happen to not be attracted to him in any way, shape or form. He's just kinda gross to me.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3410273;
    I'm no prude and I'm not horrified by the human body. Just Gilles' body, which I find to be rather repulsive. It's OK that some people are attracted to him and it's OK that some are not. I happen to not be attracted to him in any way, shape or form. He's just kinda gross to me.
    Repulsive? Dang! Tall, lean and toned? If that's repulsive what's a "good body?" Jack Black? Michael Moore? Rush Limbaugh?

This thread is making me nostalgic for Sex and the City. I may need to go out and rent the whole six season run and the movie too.

I don't see the big deal about Gilles being naked in the movie either. He played a womanizer whom Samantha lusted after. His role required him to take a shower. I don't see how he could have gone about that while fully clothed. Anyways, he didn't kill anybody, he just got naked in a movie aimed at fans of the original series. And probably none of them were in any way scandalized by Gilles' scenes. I know I wasn't.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

GOOD post, MsFroggy. I know I don't find anything scandalous about Gilles' acting scenes, and I don't find them repulsive. I find him to be an extremely handsome talented man who can act AND dance!
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 04-11-2009 at 08:38 AM.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I don't know anything about Gilles nude scenes because I never watched the movie, or the show either but I'm just saying that I don't see why someone can't take a shower in a movie without us going in there with them. Whatever happened to leaving a little (or even a LOT) to the imagination? Why couldn't he walk into the bathroom full clothed and come out wet, in a towel? Would that just totally ruin the story line? I do have a problem with the father or mother, of small children taking it all off for the cameras. Those things can come back to haunt the kids.

And really now, can someone explain why being buck naked and up walking around is so much better than being buck naked and sprawled across whatever? Isn't that just splitting hairs?

I have to be honest and say that I never heard of Gilles until DWTS so I had no preconceived notions about him. I didn't see what all the fuss was about. Still don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3410457;
    I don't know anything about Gilles nude scenes because I never watched the movie, or the show either but I'm just saying that I don't see why someone can't take a shower in a movie without us going in there with them. Whatever happened to leaving a little (or even a LOT) to the imagination? Why couldn't he walk into the bathroom full clothed and come out wet, in a towel? Would that just totally ruin the story line? I do have a problem with the father or mother, of small children taking it all off for the cameras. Those things can come back to haunt the kids.

And really now, can someone explain why being buck naked and up walking around is so much better than being buck naked and sprawled across whatever? Isn't that just splitting hairs?

I have to be honest and say that I never heard of Gilles until DWTS so I had no preconceived notions about him. I didn't see what all the fuss was about. Still don't.
    In Gilles' defense, it was up to the writers/producers of the movie to determine how much of him would be shown in the scene, not him. If he had objected, I doubt he could have persuaded them to change the script; they would have just cast another actor. The scene was meant to be very racy, as the TV show never shied away from nudity, no reason to start now, I suppose.

The difference as I see it between naked in a movie and naked in a magazine is that, for an actor, it is more credible exposure (no pun intended).

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3410462;
    In Gilles' defense, it was up to the writers/producers of the movie to determine how much of him would be shown in the scene, not him. If he had objected, I doubt he could have persuaded them to change the script; they would have just cast another actor. The scene was meant to be very racy, as the TV show never shied away from nudity, no reason to start now, I suppose.

The difference as I see it between naked in a movie and naked in a magazine is that, for an actor, it is more credible exposure (no pun intended).
    Are we really attacking Gilles, the person on DWTS, because of a character he played in a movie? He is an actor, right?
    That makes as much sense as suggesting that Sean Penn is gay because he played Harvey Milk in the movie.

Just saw a post on another message board that has a blog written by Cheryl. Since I don't think I can post a link, I'll paraphrase.

They've been NYC this week, through tomorrow morning so Giles can play in a charity soccer tournament tonight. They're practicing more hours this week than normal, and the jive has been a challenge because it is fast and complicated.

From reading comments, apparently they normally only practice 4 hours a day? Wow, she must be a fantastic teacher! I may not be Giles biggest fan, but he's obviously danced very well, so far. Monday's show should be really good.

+ Reply to Thread