+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 115 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

FORT Fanatic

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3407754;
    Was he the only celeb or were Brooke, Jason and many of the others from the season there too?! It could see the importance of having the winner there. I would think the winner would be contracted to do it along with those going far in the comp.
    Brooke said no. She wanted to stay home with her babies. Jason was season 6 and he didn't tour. Kristi might have done a few dates. Here's a kicker in season 5 Sabrina Bryan was signed to the tour...of course she was kicked off the show week 6 so there was a 6th place celeb doing the tour as the headliner. Helio did a few shows but I know some of the fans were pissed, they got Marie Osmond and Wayne Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3407738;
    Other than on this board and other message boards as stated, where in the media is it stated that there is some sort of sordid relationship between Gilles and Cheryl?
    This is the first I've heard of it personally. However, there's rumors almost every season about her and her partner. I don't think that Cheryl is that type of a person but I think people perceive her that way because she's so sexual. It's just who she is. She exudes sexuality and she just an extremely sexy woman (and I'm straight!). She really puts that sexuality in her dances. I personally think that it's way over the top but that's just Cheryl being Cheryl.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3407763;
    Brooke said no. She wanted to stay home with her babies. Jason was season 6 and he didn't tour. Kristi might have done a few dates. Here's a kicker in season 5 Sabrina Bryan was signed to the tour...of course she was kicked off the show week 6 so there was a 6th place celeb doing the tour as the headliner. Helio did a few shows but I know some of the fans were pissed, they got Marie Osmond and Wayne Newton.
    Thanks for answering all my questions. I thought they'd be contracted to do it if they won or reached a certain point in the competition.

I don't think Cheryl puts sexy in her dances. Her and Drew barely had any real steamy numbers. Nor with with Emmitt, Ian, Wayne, or Maurice.

This is the most steamy dances she has done and I don't find them that bad. Meh to each his own I suppose.

But Cheryl does not just have "sexual" dances and past seasons prove that.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

They got a lot of the sexy ones in a row but in the end it all evens out because those that go far flip flop. So his side will have Jive, LH, waltz, etc. and Mel's side has Rumba, AT, VW, etc. to still contend with.

What a shame about the rumors...and theyre just that, rumors..just because Cheryl exudes passion/sexiness.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3407814;
    What a shame about the rumors...and theyre just that, rumors..just because Cheryl exudes passion/sexiness.
    I'm with you on that, Angelicone I think in part it comes from Gilles getting such high scores. At any rate, I can't believe that Gilles wife pays any attention to this stuff, she IS FRENCH after all. lol The Latin dances require ACTING, so as in great acting Cheryl and Gilles LOOk like they are hot for each other. The key word is "look". The persona is such a strong component of these dances. The Jive has a whole different persona, I look forward to seeing them nail that one.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3407916;
    I'm with you on that, Angelicone I think in part it comes from Gilles getting such high scores. At any rate, I can't believe that Gilles wife pays any attention to this stuff, she IS FRENCH after all. lol The Latin dances require ACTING, so as in great acting Cheryl and Gilles LOOk like they are hot for each other. The key word is "look". The persona is such a strong component of these dances. The Jive has a whole different persona, I look forward to seeing them nail that one.
    I think the rumors are stupid myself but it's not because Gilles is getting high scores. It happens ever year because Cheryl is so blatantly sexual in her dances. I was put off by her at first but I love her now because I realize that's just her.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I just saw the paso. Seriously, the dress was hideous, both in Gilles and Cheryl part. The choreography was okay, but not "amazing" and slightly boring in some part, in my opinion. Gilles has great posture, but I don't think he get the hand right... and his movement isn't something that I can call aggressive. Unlike Ty, he's far from stiff, but it's not manly enough for me. I dunno... But I don't like it. I never dislike Gilles dances before, but his Paso wasn't my favorite at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3407725;
    most of these dances require a tremendous amount of physical intimacy that can make the tiny swaths of spandex between the dancers lyrically disappear in our creative imaginations. perhaps it's hard for us normal folks to imagine that level of intimacy without it leading to something more...?
    I was wondering about this. The celeb dancers must be entirely comfortable having a relative stranger know and touch their bodies in places most of us wouldn't be comfortable with. But that's just the way it is. I even wondered about Shawn, at 17. How could she not have a tiny crush on Mark? And if I were single, dancing with a married man like that, I don't know if I could do it. To be THAT close to someone. Kudos to these guys and girls for making it seem so real. None of them seems to be nervous about it at all. Maybe they talk about it at first and it helps.

Gilles said he was falling in love with Cheryl - in a dance way. I thought that was so cute! His wife sits in the audience and beams with pride, and he ALWAYS looks over at her. He is a better actor than some ever knew, and as Andiemywestie said, because she's married to an Italian and knows more about European men that most of us, that's just the way he is! I have no problem with that!

+ Reply to Thread