+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 115 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Who is John Galt?

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

My goodness, I don't understand how people can just assume there is a romance between Cheryl and Gilles just because they have such great chemistry on the dance floor. He is an actor and can thus portray the sense of passion and romance in his face and body movements, his dance ability for a non-pro is excellent, and after all - he is French!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3407484;
    Maxwell is Cheryl's boyfriend, not Gilles son.

Lovely post by the way justsaying!
    Sorry, I misunderstood because the only part I read was Maxwell is a young hottie. I admit that I didn't read the rest of the post because I incorrectly made the assumption you were talking about Gilles' kid and it bothered me. I don't really care who Cheryl's boyfriend is much less than I care about Gilles' son's name is. I really didn't pay attention to his name. That's just not important to me.
    Last edited by stacerace; 04-08-2009 at 03:41 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3407541;
    Nobody Paso's socially.
    Really? I paso socially all the time .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3407055;
    I admit to watching this season for the idiot grinning cipher, but since I've been watching it, I'd be fine with her leaving and having Gilles win - because he has performed consistently each week. In the end, I WILL vote for the better dancer.

I just hope more people are like you!

I would like to see Cheryl and Gilles win. I think they are phenomenal together. CA said it all when she said you couldn't tell the dancer from the pro.

But - I'm still afraid that's not how it will turn out because of the adulation Melissa's getting from her adoring public. I understand some things about her more, but unless Gilles makes a major mistake, she does not deserve the trophy. But then again, that would interfere with ABC's "happy ending for Melissa" story.

I will look forward to seeing the next movie Gilles is in. IMO he took the roles he did because he has a young family to support. His exposure here will probably guarantee him more role choices.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3407174;
    I'd guess that he's wanting to show a different side of himself as well. His sensual side is well established and he needs to demonstrate an ability to play different roles to move his acting career forward.

I expect Melissa to win as she's best suited (available) to heading up a DWTS tour. Lil Kim is having scheduling conflicts trying to rehearse and Shawn just needs to get on with her life. Gilles probably already has something else lined up which we'll hear about during the post DWTS media blitz.
    1. Can you please confirm that the criteria for winning is availability to join the dwts tour.
    2. Please let me know what qualities Melissa has, to HEAD up a dwts tour over the pros.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LRBCPAPC;3407192;
    You are exactly right...but he pushes natural sexy into cheesy sexy by overacting it to me. It's like he's the stereotypical dumb blonde who overplays sex appeal because there isn't anything else there. As I've said before..."Coming soon to an off-the-Vegas-strip fuzzy velvet lounge near you!"
    I agree. There isn't anything else there. Melissa is a stereotype of cheesy, trying too hard to play the sex appeal etc. Even the dumb blond stereotype seems to fit her so well. only she is not blond. (does she dye her hair?). And really she is nowhere there. True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3407301;
    I think the guy's good looking but I've not noted any delusions of grandeur. There are plenty of roles in movies not destined to be worthy of an oscar or in television which rank higher than DWTS tour. If he does win and goes on tour, than I guess things are hard all over.
    Sometimes an appearance at one or two venues of the tour is a way of saying, thank you. His appearance will draw some fans, which is good for the tour

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3407614;
    1. Can you please confirm that the criteria for winning is availability to join the dwts tour.
    2. Please let me know what qualities Melissa has, to HEAD up a dwts tour over the pros.
    1. Proof? I have none. This idea was put forth in earlier seasons, such as Hélio Castroneves' win over Mel Brown. I view availability to tour as more of a plus than a written rule. (The written rule would be the producer's right to tweak.) Naturally one would want the winners to be on the tour. The competition for entertainment dollars is tough.

2. Head up the stars, not the pros. One would want to advertise the winner as part of the tour. I wouldn't argue that other stars would have more pull but advertising it as The Dancing With the Stars Tour without Gilles Marini would be a bit much.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3407456;
    Yes, the whole Cheryl/Gilles thing is totally people creating something out of nothing. This always happens as there were rumors about Julianne/Helio, Cheryl/Drew, and so forth. Also, I love how people are seeing all this and thinking something is going on, when his wife Carol is at every show and seems to have no problem with it, because I'm sure she sees it for what it is, which is dancing.
    I am sure Gilles is very grateful to Cheryl and expresses it. I saw Chelsie piggy back with Ty and was concerned. Melissa's hand all over Tony. I believe the rumours are more to create antagonism toward Gilles, to make people not like him. Just like the others, even Woz and Karina, it means nothing. They appreciate and care for one another in a purely platonic way.

FORT Fogey

In Hollywood over the last 60 years the media has never tried to destroy celebrities' relationships and marriages with innuendos, rumors, and gossip whether there was an actual basis for it or not.
    It is not human nature for people to speculate about things that they see and hear regardless of whether there is any truth to those things.

If you want to believe that, go ahead and mock.

+ Reply to Thread