+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 115 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;3407392;
    I have read recently that Cheryl has been dating Maxwell Zagorski for at least 2 months. Unless this relationship
    has broken up, she may not want Gilles.
    I don't think it's a question of whether she wants Gilles, or whether he wants her. However, for a while they were a bit profuse in the mutual admiration society. She was physically all over him in hugs and praises while he called her "Baby, baby." All this was most likely perfectly innocent, but speculation was already beginning across boards concerning a relationship between them.
    He has a website very actively managed by a close friend. On his website is a section where he has highlighted his wife and children. He refers to his wife, Carol, often. My feeling is that it is important to Gilles to capitalize and maybe even exploit the sex angle but not at the expense of his family - which is why we saw the particular timing of the child on this practice rehearsal and why we have seen a "cooling" of the off dance interaction between him and Cheryl in response to the beginning criticism.

If I am misreading the situation, we will see Cheryl and him continue with the same kind of interactions that have caused speculations; if I have read the situation correctly, I applaud him for protecting his family.

FORT Fanatic

"Justsaying", you are so right. Many of the dances require "involvement" to accomplish the essence of the dance.
    It doesn't mean the sensuality is carried beyond the dance floor. Many rumors get started because people like to
    start rumors.

Yes, the whole Cheryl/Gilles thing is totally people creating something out of nothing. This always happens as there were rumors about Julianne/Helio, Cheryl/Drew, and so forth. Also, I love how people are seeing all this and thinking something is going on, when his wife Carol is at every show and seems to have no problem with it, because I'm sure she sees it for what it is, which is dancing.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3407456;
    Yes, the whole Cheryl/Gilles thing is totally people creating something out of nothing. This always happens as there were rumors about Julianne/Helio, Cheryl/Drew, and so forth. Also, I love how people are seeing all this and thinking something is going on, when his wife Carol is at every show and seems to have no problem with it, because I'm sure she sees it for what it is, which is dancing.
    His wife, his mother, his young son... Never mind that Maxwell is a young hottie himself who happens to be unburdened by wife and child. Who wouldn't dump a hot single guy for a chance to be a hot married guy's mistress and flaunt it in front of his wife, incurring the wrath of the audience upon whom your financial well being depends along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3407472;
    His wife, his mother, his young son... Never mind that Maxwell is a young hottie himself who happens to be unburdened by wife and child. Who wouldn't dump a hot single guy for a chance to be a hot married guy's mistress and flaunt it in front of his wife, incurring the wrath of the audience upon whom your financial well being depends along the way.

Justsaying: LOL, you make such a great case! btw; I love your nickname

Exactly, IF there was something going on it would be hidden, not flaunted.

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3407472;
    I'm sorry but it's kind of disturbing to me to see such a young CHILD being referred to as a hottie. If he were a teenager maybe but that just bothered me a little bit.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3407478;
    I'm sorry but it's kind of disturbing to me to see such a young CHILD being referred to as a hottie. If he were a teenager maybe but that just bothered me a little bit.
    Maxwell is Cheryl's boyfriend, not Gilles son.

Lovely post by the way justsaying!
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 04-08-2009 at 03:45 PM.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Read up, Stacerace. Cheryl has been dating Maxwell Zagorski, a young hunk from Manatee, lead male model for Abercrombie & Fitch, and the new Levi's Underwear face and body over at International Jock.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;3407427;
    "Justsaying", you are so right. Many of the dances require "involvement" to accomplish the essence of the dance.
    It doesn't mean the sensuality is carried beyond the dance floor. Many rumors get started because people like to
    start rumors.
    Couldn't agree with you more mslady. There is no validity to anything inappropriate between Gilles and Cheryl much to the chagrin of some people. He does a great job of showing the compassion required in the dances with Cheryl but certainly does not mean they have some sordid relationship going. Gilles wife is in the audience every week fully viewing the dances.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3407264;
    I figure Gilles will win - his body of work has been phenomenal and he owns that dance floor - he is the one to beat.
    I agree. There's no reason why he shouldn't win. Whether people think The Paso Doble came off as a velveeta fest or not, the nature of Paso Doble is theatre. Nobody Paso's socially. The best theatrical performance out there was Gilles, and it's been the best Paso Doble for sometime.

I do hope Gilles career gets a boost, and I think it will. Michael King from SATC was in the front row watching that Paso. Who knows if there's another project in the works. Let's face it, a lot of great A-listers are also dancers,
    Pacino, Duvall, Gere, Walken...Travolta. It can't hurt him.

Also he was quick to mention the 'scoop' that if he gets through the elimination round he would be doing the Jive. I think he's more than ready to move on to the less dramatic dancing and show yet another side of him.

+ Reply to Thread