+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 115 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3397104;
    She's just as covered in her DCC photos and dancing outfits as any other female who wears a bikini on a beach. IMO, nothing to explain.

If she ends up teaching first grade, I doubt there are many 6 yos who follow the DCC and DWTS.
    I would have no problem with my child being taught by a former DCC or someone who appeared on DWTS. The DCC are required to maintain a level of decorum. In fact, I remember last season of the DCC show they cut a girl who had some photos of herself partying on her myspace page. They said that they are constantly checking the girls' myspace pages, facebook and google. My point is basically that the DCC are very respectable and yes, their outfits are skimpy but not indecent. I for one wanted desperately to be a DCC when I was a little girl and (I'm overweight and nonathletic to it would never have happened ) my parents totally would have supported that.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan;3397173;
    Thanks for sharing, Florimel. I never knew all that. He seems like a really nice person. I watch Ugly Betty, but I don't remember him. Does anyone know what character he played/what the episode was about?
    Neither do I and Ugly Betty is my favorite show. We don't remember him because his is not memorable. I had to go back and watch the movie again because I didn't even remember the character at all.
    Last edited by stacerace; 03-30-2009 at 04:42 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LRBCPAPC;3393666;
    I'm with your friends. He's good looking, but I think he reminds me more of an off-the-strip Vegas lounge lizzard than a ballroom dancing Dancing with the Stars contender.

Thanks for saying this.

I have not yet seen the movie he made his rep in--and I really love European men (having had personal experience with them in Europe) so I was prepared to really have a "Gilles-thing."

But I too feel something very off-putting There is an odd vibe there, no doubt about it.

I do love Cheryl--always have on every season. I think she's a brilliant dancer and a brilliant choreographer. She has a gift-which I am sure she also works hard at--of making her partners look fantastic.

And she's obviously a great teacher too.

Can't wait to see them dance tonight because I know they will probably be superb

I <3 Gilles and while I don't find him that attractive myself, he has this presence about him that definitely pulls you in as he dances and that makes him really likable. Not to mention him and Cheryl have AMAZING chemistry. I really could give a crap if the star is sexy or not, if they can dance, I'll love them. Heck, I even love some unattractive ones who can't dance (WOZ!).
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I was one who'd seen the SATC movie and was not impressed with the scene or with Gilles. Didn't find him attractive, but that's me and we're all different.
    He does have a natural rhythm and grace and Cheryl is going to try and capitalize on all of this with her choreography. THat's what she's paid to do. It's a guarantee that we'll see way more pelvic thrusts, etc. than dance steps.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Okay, the Ugly Betty episode was called "Queens for a Day," and the character's name was Jean-Luc.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3396307;
    I just watched the SATC movie again last night and I was even more grossed out by Gilles scenes than I was the first time around. I just don't get the sex appeal with this guy. He's got an ugly face and his body is so so. I don't get it
    I'm right there with you and I haven't even watched the movie and I don't even want too. I don't like SATC to begin with.

I agree though...I think it's his lips. There's something strange about them. His body is ok...but far from being "hot" in my book. Then again, as I said, I haven't seen SATC so all I can judge is what I see on DWTS and thats enough for me.

I'm so happy with how he's doing! He was so humble and nervous with Samantha after they got their 30. Sweet!

I could watch that tango again and again, both Gilles' and Lil' Kim's. It was a great choice for a new dance!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3398067;
    I'm so happy with how he's doing! He was so humble and nervous with Samantha after they got their 30. Sweet!

I could watch that tango again and again, both Gilles' and Lil' Kim's. It was a great choice for a new dance!

I agree...he was so humble...nervously waiting for his score. His wife is beautiful as well...smiling from the sidelines...he has added sizzle to the season for me!!

If I had to pick the winner right now it would be Gilles and Cheryl, hands down!!!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I have to comment on Gilles' appearance here. I realize we are all attracted to different types. And he's not really my type -- but c'mon -- the guy is good-looking!!! When I first saw him he reminded me a little bit of Goran Visnjic (Kovac from ER) - anyone else see the resemblance?

I'd like to see him go all of the way too. I don't think Cheryl is easy on him, and he works like crazy. Florimel did research on him - I visited Grasse when I was in college! Nice town. Another thing I like about him is the fact that he is giving the credit to Cheryl - I'm so glad they got the first 30. Now he can win --- IF, and that's a big IF, the outcome hasn't already been decided for ratings! :nono
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-31-2009 at 08:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread