+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 115 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3396525;
    He seems like a totally sweet guy but physically he's not my type. I'm a FNL kinda girl. Me also likey baseball players.

BTW...I never knew he did full frontal in SATC. I just saw it last night. lol
    I did not see the movie, but on Joker's there is an extremely explicit side view shot from the movie. It now seems very unfair to me for some to condemn Melissa for posing in binkinis for a DCC calendar, but to praise Gilles for being extraordinarily hot in his completely nude movie portrayal.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3396544;
    I did not see the movie, but on Joker's there is an extremely explicit side view shot from the movie. It now seems very unfair to me for some to condemn Melissa for posing in binkinis for a DCC calendar, but to praise Gilles for being extraordinarily hot in his completely nude movie portrayal.

That's how I found out it was full frontal. lol

I don't see bikinis as a big deal and hopefully most others don't as well. Nothing that you don't see on the beach every day. Sadly, there is often a double standard where women are concerned.

FORT Fogey

It is one thing posing for a playboy spread and another being naked in a film, Sofia Loren, Kate Winslet, Richard Gere, Kim Basinger among others have being nude in movie, Anyone can take a screen shot and put it onto the internet. I am sure none of these will do a playboy spread. Most of us do not care if Melissa bears all for Playboy. We just want to watch the competition on dwts

Yes, looks like the old double standard going on. I think Gilles is only well known for his appearances in SITC and the fact that he had clothes on was mentioned by Tom B when he was introduced first DWTS night. If you haven't seen the movie, Gilles was in several scenes that left little to the imagination. But Gilles has been spared the contraversy. I love the fact that he can dance and he is as equally sexy in the movie as he is on the dance floor even with his clothes on!

Quote Originally Posted by catzy;3396414;
    He does absolutely nothing for me. I didn't see the movie nor do I intend to see it. It is funny how some people complain that some of the stars this year have no claim to fame except from being on a Reality TV show or being a computer geek, but it is ok that someone else's claim to fame is from being naked in a movie.
    I'm not sure that people would consider Gilles a famous person either,I don't, however I haven't seen that point discussed in terms of him. He is in show business though. My opinion would be that he has more of a chance to become a true celebrity than say Mel. jmo though. Also: I think this season is particularly thin in terms of celebs, largely because of the injuries. Let's face it that this show is cast so that people will tune in. Many different types are cast to bring in different constituencies. Gilles fills the sexy guy spot pretty well for most.

I don't make assumptions about an actor's character due to onscreen nudity or photo shoots, be they male or female. If Melissa were to pose for Playboy, I would guess her motivation to be the same as Gilles in doing SITC, that is, for the money and to further one's career. I just would'nt expect her career goals to include teaching first graders. I do have different expectations for celebrities and teachers so I guess my double standard must be career rather than gender based.

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3396951;
    I don't make assumptions about an actor's character due to onscreen nudity or photo shoots, be they male or female. If Melissa were to pose for Playboy, I would guess her motivation to be the same as Gilles in doing SITC, that is, for the money and to further one's career. I just would'nt expect her career goals to include teaching first graders. I do have different expectations for celebrities and teachers so I guess my double standard must be career rather than gender based.

That is a good point. Gilles has already bared all, in his chosen career. From what I understand the rumor regarding Melissa is that she might be offered a chance to be in Playboy. Has an offer been made? Has Melissa even voiced an opinion about it? Being the family oriented person that she seems to be (conservative family), and even having the slightest interest in being a teacher, I highly doubt she would even consider Playboy.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3396955;
    That is a good point. Gilles has already bared all, in his chosen career. From what I understand the rumor regarding Melissa is that she might be offered a chance to be in Playboy. Has an offer been made? Has Melissa even voiced an opinion about it? Being the family oriented person that she seems to be (conservative family), and even having the slightest interest in being a teacher, I highly doubt she would even consider Playboy.
    There is no evidence to suggest that the possibility of Melissa posing for Playboy is anything more than a publicity gimmick for Hefner rather than anything on her table for future consideration. It was brought into this thread to exemplify the existence of a gender based double standard amongst Gilles' fans and it is that to which I responded.

Just wondering... have the posts on both topics been reveiwed to verify how many of those who have commented negatively regarding Playboy photo shoots are also enthusiastic over a soaped up Gilles? I haven't checked myself, but I would be interested in seeing the stats on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3393804;
    I like these two and think they dance very well together, but there have been a couple of things about Gilles that gave me the creeps - wasn't he the one that took his finger and traced a line down the front of Cheryl at the end of the dance? I thought that was icky.
    Cheryl did the same move on him, earlier in the dance.

I thought it was hot.

He's in the top 3 (with Melissa and Shawn) when it comes to the dancing. But as we all know, it's really a popularity contest and not a dance competition.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I finally watched the movie this past weekend and, in order to join in the discussion, I'll say I thought he represented a particular fantasy guy rather than a naked guy. The woman whose attention he caught was a going on 50 sexual addict at a cross roads in her life. He represented a sign post, and the vision of him helped tell her what path to take. And he was a very nicely sculpted fantasy figure.

I hope DWTS ups his Q score and he finds steadier work in the future. Even though both he and Melissa have Greek mothers, he has the advantage of an Italian father and a more culturally "open" background. I look forward to him emoting his dances as he gets better and more comfortable with the technical aspects of this form of entertainment.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread