+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1060100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1145

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Gilles just walked out on The View a minute ago to give Barara Walters a kiss & hug to thank her for her support. She's blushing big time!

He said nice things about Shawn, and talked about his son being upset when he lost. They asked him to talk to Barbara in French, and he did; Barbara surprised them by talking to him back in French.

It was quick, but cute.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fanatic

I found it kind of funny that they had him come out and thank Barbara since she barely watched the show this season. When they were talking about the finale yesterday, I believe she referred to him as the Frenchman, not even by his name.

True, but she said she thought "the Frenchman" should have won, plus he was already in the building since he and Melissa had been on Regis & Kelly the hour before.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fan

Giles is a class act...so sexy and a wonderful dancer, such a nice guy

I was very impressed when he spoke about his feeling that "we", the audience deserve his very best etc

what's her face is cute, good gymnast....but ...just not right for many of the dances

I find it weird to see such a young girl dancing a dance that pimps and hookers invented many years ago in Argentina

she has such a baby face and happy go lucky smile...they should not even let contestants on that young IMHO

yawn and on to the next show...so far AI and this one have been a huge disappointment to me

I guess that means that Jillian will pick the foot fetish guy huh?? (LOL)

I agree with you completely about Gilles, estygal4.

Have to disagree though about Shawn being too young for this. I grant that with the work she had to put in as an Olympic athlete, she probably had little or no social life, but most 17-year-olds are a lot more experienced. Even back in the repressed 1950's and 1960's, we danced like that. Juliette Hough was just 18 her first year as a pro on this show and she'd been competing for years.

Additionally, kids young enough for single digits do all these dances in the junior ballroom competitions. There are programs at disadvantaged inner city middle and high schools that have done wonders for troubled students.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3461115;
    I don't see what's so wrong about Gilles saying he loves Cheryl, or why it would mean there's anything romantic about it I think he was happy he had Cheryl as a partner and is grateful for all she's taught him and how far they came. They had great chemistry, but not in that way, and that's what helped them work. Gilles definitely loves his beautiful wife and kids (I feel sorry his son got so upset he didn't win ) and Cheryl seems perfectly happy in her new relationship.
    Exactly! A romantic connection is altogether different from a dancing partner/friend connection, and you can love in both. Im sure Gilles andCheryl are close friends after dancing together for weeks and weeks. With the chemistry those two had, you'd have to have a good relationship together.
    Gilles has a lovely wife, and he knows it.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Gilles has a lovely wife, and he knows it.
    And Cheryl has a hot boyfriend. All the talk about romance btween them is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3461066;
    Do you KNOW that Cheryl has romantic feelings toward Gilles?:nono

I feel it should not bother the audience if Gilles love his wife and mentions her often. In continental europe, the family is everything. A man' preoccupation and concern and thoughts is taking care of his wife and children. The children actually stay home till thier twenties etc. Till they get married. family matters.

There is nothing going on between Gilles and Cheryl. That how rumours and false information is dispensed.

I was NOT stating that Cheryl has romantic feelings Gilles, but as I was not aware that Cheryl is in a romantic relationship whatsoever, I was assuming that IF anyone felt romantic toward the other it would be Cheryl. I don't know either one of these people and certainly did not mean to insult Cheryl. In addition: FEELINGS are one thing, acting on them is an entirely different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3466224;
    I was NOT stating that Cheryl has romantic feelings Gilles, but as I was not aware that Cheryl is in a romantic relationship whatsoever, I was assuming that IF anyone felt romantic toward the other it would be Cheryl. I don't know either one of these people and certainly did not mean to insult Cheryl. In addition: FEELINGS are one thing, acting on them is an entirely different matter.
    The issue is why would you even be thinking along those lines? What do you know about Cheryl's feelings, and why all the preoccupation and analysis about Cheryl/Gilles "feelings" and the "assumptions" about IF this and If that?

I realize this is a discussion forum and people are allowed to speculate about whatever they want. But the focus on some imaginary romance between C&G - as opposed to the dancing performances- seems more than a bit odd.
    Last edited by tango7; 05-24-2009 at 02:18 PM.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3462124;
    The French are VERY emotional and expressive of their feelings.
    Gilles is an absolutely typical Frenchman. Oh-la-la!!!

I was sorry to see that he didn't win. He brought a tremendous amount of emotional content to his dances. Shawn did not. She's just too young and has not yet experienced adult complex situations and emotions.
    I am however very thankful for having been given the gift of seeing Gilles dance.

Gilles wuz robbed! Robbed, I tell ya!

(OK, since didn't win, can I have him?
    )

+ Reply to Thread