+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by LRBCPAPC;3393666;
    I'm with your friends. He's good looking, but I think he reminds me more of an off-the-strip Vegas lounge lizzard than a ballroom dancing Dancing with the Stars contender.
    I like these two and think they dance very well together, but there have been a couple of things about Gilles that gave me the creeps - wasn't he the one that took his finger and traced a line down the front of Cheryl at the end of the dance? I thought that was icky.
    Last edited by ducky2; 03-26-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3393804;
    I like these two and think they dance very well together, but there have been a couple of things about Gilles that gave me the creeps - wasn't he the one that took his finger and traced a line down the front of Cheryl at the end of the dance? I thought that was icky.
    Am I alone in thinking that this action was part of the performance, not his ad-lib.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3393969;
    Am I alone in thinking that this action was part of the performance, not his ad-lib.
    No, you are not alone. It was part of the choreography and not at all objectionable to me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3393972;
    No, you are not alone. It was part of the choreography and not at all objectionable to me.
    Ditto. It seems particularly unlikely that he would be off-script flirtatious given that he always turns to make eye contact with his wife as he leaves the stage. Which is another reason I don't quite get the "sleazy" vibe others are getting off of him.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3393981;
    Ditto. It seems particularly unlikely that he would be off-script flirtatious given that he always turns to make eye contact with his wife as he leaves the stage. Which is another reason I don't quite get the "sleazy" vibe others are getting off of him.
    I don't get a "sleazy" vibe either. Perhaps the fact that he was nude on Sex and the City led to the conclusion?

no sleazy feeling here either. just all around RED HOT male.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3393972;
    That was my take as well, it was part of the choreography. It was in keeping with the flavor of the dance.

FORT Fogey

Cheryl is a good teacher and does a lot of naughty choreography so I think it was part of the dance. She had her hands over his on her ass in one of the earlier dances and it's smart because the judges love the naughty factor. She knows the voting audience is mostly female and plays up his sex sppeal to help the votes along which is clever. She knows what she is doing.

I'v never been a big fan of Cheryl's, but I do think Gilles is doing a good job. He does have natural rhythm. And I do agree that Cheryl is good about playing up the s*x appeal angle with the stars. She knows that the majority of his fans are women.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3394001;
    I don't get a "sleazy" vibe either. Perhaps the fact that he was nude on Sex and the City led to the conclusion?
    This could certainly be the reason, although it was more than him being nude - his character was with a different woman every night, and the scenes were pretty graphic. It was a role, though, but probably not everyone would play. I personally pretty much tune out all of the personal stuff and vote on the dancing and who I enjoy watching.

+ Reply to Thread