+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 115 FirstFirst ... 95999100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1145

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3460566;
    I'm with you, tango7, on all points!

Never once did I see anything at all untoward between Gilles and Cheryl. He struck me as being a devoted family man and Cheryl does indeed have a boyfriend of her own and there never was anything between her and Drew Lachey either.

My disappointment over Gilles not coming in first was tempered by two things. The first is that the one who did win, Shawn, has actually accomplished something in her life and earrned her place on the show in the first place.
    So true Little Shawn has done alot for someone so young and she still manages to come across as just your average teen.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3459345;

No, I didn't think it was "creepy" at all. I don't know what "vibe" you refer to or what direction you're going in, but I disagree. Besides, if Gilles' wife didn't have a problem with his relationship with Cheryl, I don't see why anyone else would.

I've known or an experienced situations where I've been working with someoone and upon parting there is a sadness. It's not unusual at all when you have a good relationship with someone. Doesn't mean the two people want to jump in the sack.
    ITA - I thought it was from the heart. He is a very emotional person. I guess it doesn't bother me because I'm around teenagers and college kids who say it a lot to each other, well the guys to the girls, the girls to the guys, and the girls to each other (never heard "I love you, man" from any of the guys! ). I'm just used to hearing it. I've seen many young guys hug girls goodbye and say "I love you," when their girlfriend who is also part of the group is standing there, hugging others, and saying it too! I was brought up to believe it means something special, but it's just not the same today. I've discussed this with a lot of my students in the past. I have told them I love many people, but I'm in love with one!

I'm upset that Gilles didn't win. I thought that he was the best there, and looked like a pro dancer. At least he lost by only a 1% difference.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3459854;
    AGreed

Cheryl may have felt romantic towards Gilles, but Gilles appears totally in love with his wife. He's French and therefore is a bit more emotionally expressive in a way which would anger American wives who aren't used to it. How many more times could he have brought up his love for his wife and kids though? jmo, but if there were genuinely something going on he would not have acted as open with Cheryl, but who know? I can't imagine that he felt anything but brotherly toward Cherryl. He also has most likely benefitted greatly by his association with Cheryl. If his career will ever take off it will after DWTS. He didn't need to come in first to get the same benfit, although he did miss out on the extra money.
    Do you KNOW that Cheryl has romantic feelings toward Gilles?:nono

I feel it should not bother the audience if Gilles love his wife and mentions her often. In continental europe, the family is everything. A man' preoccupation and concern and thoughts is taking care of his wife and children. The children actually stay home till thier twenties etc. Till they get married. family matters.

There is nothing going on between Gilles and Cheryl. That how rumours and false information is dispensed.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't see what's so wrong about Gilles saying he loves Cheryl, or why it would mean there's anything romantic about it I think he was happy he had Cheryl as a partner and is grateful for all she's taught him and how far they came. They had great chemistry, but not in that way, and that's what helped them work. Gilles definitely loves his beautiful wife and kids (I feel sorry his son got so upset he didn't win ) and Cheryl seems perfectly happy in her new relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3461115;
    Gilles definitely loves his beautiful wife and kids (I feel sorry his son got so upset he didn't win )
    I just read the article you posted in the Media thread. So sad for little Georges! I hope he can get his sister a trophy someday to put in her room. Did I read that she will be taking lessons from Cheryl? I have a feeling this family will stay very close with her!

Who is John Galt?

He should have won if the votes were strictly for best dancer, but they weren't. People voted for the most popular dancer and that is why Shawn won - no surprise there. I hope Gilles helped his career and I think he has, and won't just be known as that hunky nude guy from Sex and the City. He reminds me a lot of a younger Antonio Banderas. He has that same Latin Lover look and European charm.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3460984;
    I'm upset that Gilles didn't win. I thought that he was the best there, and looked like a pro dancer. At least he lost by only a 1% difference.
    See, this is where I humbly disagree with this assessment. He looked like a pro ballroom dancer UNTIL they threw Maks, the pro, out there twice with the pro dancer Anna, and then Gilles looked like just a great, gifted amatuer dancer again.

BTW, it is the same thing as happened in the beginning when the claim was made with Melissa looking like a pro. She might have looked good until Cheryl and Julianne, the pros, got out there and did the the same dances at which point Melissa as well then looked just like a gifted amatuer ballroom dancer.

FORT Fogey

I've lived in France.

The French are VERY emotional and expressive of their feelings.

Gilles is an absolutely typical Frenchman.

Oh-la-la!!!

I was sorry to see that he didn't win. He brought a tremendous amount of emotional content to his dances. Shawn did not. She's just too young and has not yet experienced adult complex situations and emotions.

I am however very thankful for having been given the gift of seeing Gilles dance.

Woz gushed all over Karina and no one suspected a thing. Attractive people aren't allowed platonic relationships no matter how much evidence exists to the contrary.

+ Reply to Thread