+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 115 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1145

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by InCBMP;3457160;
    In their profile, Cheryl said she choreographs freestyles to show off the star's personality. After watching their freestyle, apparently she thinks Gilles has the personality of a potted plant. That routine was terrible. If your partner can dance, let them show off and dance.

Love it!
    Cheryl did not do any favors for Gilles last night. He is not my favorite, but he has shown that he can dance this season. She had him stand around while she re-lived her Flashdance teen fantasy dancing around him and the whole thing was ridiculous. If he doesn't win tonight, it will be Cheryl's fault.

I thought their dance last night was fabulous! They still have that charisma together, and they both have the dance moves down pat. Looked good to me.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I enjoyed it too. Best of luck Gilles in the finale and in your future.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3457184;
    I'd forgotten about waxy-faced Wayne. I like Cheryl a lot, but I'd really like Edyta, Kym, and Karina to win. Edyta came close with Jason Taylor. Both Marios were good partners for Karina. (imo Mario Lopez ahould have won). Kym had Warren Sapp.

But Cheryl has done well with Drew, Emmett, and Gilles (regardless of the outcome).
    And Ian, Cristian, and Maurice who she didn't win with. It could be the producers don't expect her partners to do as well. Do they know how well a person can dance pre-show? Minus the obvious ringers like Sabrina, Mario, and Kristi. Gilles was pretty much an unknown, and I think Cristian was as well. Maurice and Ian I felt both got lucky. Ian I liked and enjoyed watching him and Cheryl but he was too involved in the dances and seemed to be thinking the whole time he was out there rather than letting his personality and emotions shine. So I think that goes back to Cheryl's teaching ability, but again, it's easy to teach someone like Cristian or Gilles than the Woz and Denise (it doesn't hurt that they're good looking eye candy, either ) Technically if you look at the stats I think Kym comes out on the short end of the stick. She did well with Jerry, Joey, and Warren, but with Mark, Penn, and David she didn't. I think Karina is about even with her. And going back to Kym, she can certainly put together a good freestyle. I do hope she lasts longer next year. I never liked Karina up until last season, and something about her personality seemed different. She seemed happier and not so down in the dumps about not having the best partner again. I guess being engaged to Maks will do that (it would be anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by InCBMP;3457160;
    In their profile, Cheryl said she choreographs freestyles to show off the star's personality. After watching their freestyle, apparently she thinks Gilles has the personality of a potted plant. That routine was terrible. If your partner can dance, let them show off and dance.
    So much "word" to the bolded part. That dance was all about Cheryl and very little to do with Gilles. What a shame, I completely blame Cheryl for that bad choreography.

I expected a nice Latin vibe for his finale dance, something that plays to his strength. And we got 80's rehashcakes.

All of the freestyles sucked, it was a very disappointing evening.

FORT Fogey

Cheryl has been the luckiest of the pros by far. While some of it could be accredited to her great teaching when you get the good looking guy chances are he will go a little further just based on that alone. I wonder if the other pros are a little resentful of that. I could see why. She should get the clunker next year.

I suspect if Tony doesn't get Nancy he will as well. Mark will get one of the younger ones which can also be a plus for him. I could see them dangling good ones in front of Mark and Derek to entice them into returning. I think Maks and Karina will get good ones too. Kym is the one who should really be rewarded with someone great and I'd like Edyta to have a decent shot as well. Both of these women are great dancers and so classy I'd like to see them have a chance to contend again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3457448;
    So much "word" to the bolded part. That dance was all about Cheryl and very little to do with Gilles. What a shame, I completely blame Cheryl for that bad choreography.

I expected a nice Latin vibe for his finale dance, something that plays to his strength. And we got 80's rehashcakes.

All of the freestyles sucked, it was a very disappointing evening.
    my view is that all 3 pros kinda tanked last night and didn't help their stars. The stars all danced what they were given well, they just weren't given much. Shawn, sorry to say, was overscored. The biggest problem in her routine was that Mark mugged too much and moved too fast at times. Instead of adjusting to her tempo he kept forcing her to keep up with him. she did a good job of it, but there were mistakes and a loss of synchonicity between them as a result. Tony just took the criticism too much to heart and instead of playing up Mel's technique and fluidity and yeah ballet in the freestyle where it works and is acceptable he went for a routine that was too much on tricks...and he's never been good at transitions, but it was never more obvious. Cheryl, whether because of Gilles' injury, or as stated above she couldn't rap around Gilles' personality, ended up with a routine that de-emphasized his strengths and accentuated his weaknesses. She did make it about herself. So, Mark was too self aggrandizing, Tony was too self critical, and Cheryl was too self absorbed.

It seems to me, as others have said, that each pro played to his/her dancer's strength: Shawn - gymnastic-like, energetic; Melissa - cheerleading; Gilles - sensuality. I wasn't crazy about any of the freestyles, and I would have preferred more of what we saw all season.

Overall, Gilles is the best dancer of the three. I said before, I can't understand some who can't see his footwork ; I can. I rewatched his week 10 dances, and while he was awaiting Len's comments (after Carrie Ann had danced around), and Len had said he was speechless - the look on Gilles' face - he really does want to do his best. I hope everyone has rewarded him, and he "knocks it out of the park" tonight!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Congrats to Gilles/Cheryl on a job well done! While I think they deserved the win, Gilles has a lot to be proud of and coming in second by that narrow of a margin is something else. He went from being an unknown to a household name, and I hope this show helps him achieve success. He's been a joy to watch all season and he and Cheryl will definitely go down in DWTS as having some of the best and most memorable routines. If only Cheryl hadn't picked this season to do her Flashdance freestyle. Maybe that's why Tom mentioned the 1% difference so she'd never do it again I hope we gets more Gilles in the future (just don't give them to Cheryl. She had her turn).

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3459071;
    Congrats to Gilles/Cheryl on a job well done! While I think they deserved the win, Gilles has a lot to be proud of and coming in second by that narrow of a margin is something else. He went from being an unknown to a household name, and I hope this show helps him achieve success. He's been a joy to watch all season and he and Cheryl will definitely go down in DWTS as having some of the best and most memorable routines. If only Cheryl hadn't picked this season to do her Flashdance freestyle. Maybe that's why Tom mentioned the 1% difference so she'd never do it again I hope we gets more Gilles in the future (just don't give them to Cheryl. She had her turn).
    I, too, would be excited to see more of Gilles. He and Cheryl have so much to be PROUD of! I loved watching them every week. I also hope Gilles can get the care on his shoulder now..best wishes, Gilles and Cheryl on a job WELL DONE!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread