+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 115 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3392433;
    Title is dancing with the STARS. I am sure I did not say the bolded above you have attributed to me. I said Gilles IS a star. A star is not necessarily one who gets his name in the US papers often. Or one who is currently being talked about alot in the US at a given time. It is on something you have achieved or done. On the other hand if Andrei Bocelli came on the show some may not classify him a star but world wide he is a star. Someone on another thread said Woz was not a star. Most broadway actors/actresses are stars. Who knows their names? These all deserve to be on the show. This show is meant for them irrespective of whether we have heard their names or not.
    Living, my original point was to say that, even if I don't recognize a name at the beginning of the show, I often end up enjoying those that I didn't previously know better than many that I did know prior to the season. This is very similar to your last statement, so I don't think we disagree (I guess I used that word, but gave a very specific context for this show).

Gilles wasn't known to me before the movie, and I didn't know anything else you mentioned about him until your post. So for me, he was pretty much an unknown, but I'll say it again - I'm really glad he's doing this show because I enjoy his dancing! I don't really care what brought him to the show.

The only thing I would disagree with you about is Andrea Bocelli - I think he is very well-known and would be considered a star by most anyone's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3391499;
    I love this guy!

He should have at least gotten a 10 last night IMO, he was great! And Carrie Ann was right, Cheryl really seems to be working harder for/with Gilles, probably because she knows how good he is.
    ITA! I haven't been watching as long as some of you. Why on earth didn't they get a least one "10"?? Cheryl was still out of breath, even after talking to Samantha!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3392642;
    ITA! I haven't been watching as long as some of you. Why on earth didn't they get a least one "10"?? Cheryl was still out of breath, even after talking to Samantha!
    Although I didn't catch it, one of the judges mentioned that Gilles was out of rhythm at the very beginning of the routine. Gilles nodded his head as if he understood what was being said to him.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Newbie

If you look back at the cast of characters included in DWTS, I agree that it is loosely defined. I think Cheryl makes Gilles look better than he is. He reminds me more of an off-the-strip in Vegas lounge performer than a credible Star.

Quote Originally Posted by LRBCPAPC;3392692;
    If you look back at the cast of characters included in DWTS, I agree that it is loosely defined. I think Cheryl makes Gilles look better than he is. He reminds me more of an off-the-strip in Vegas lounge performer than a credible Star.
    Yeah, but a good looking one!

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3392323;
    But, he is a star. Gilles is an actor in France and now breaking out in the US. He has ALREADY acted in a US movie but needs more exposure in this country. Usually the stars who come on this show ALREADY have achieved or done something. Probably they have been out of the spotlight for a bit and need exposure or they want to change their image or a re-vamp of their carears, but, they ARE stars. Even Holly is part of a show and was made famous by Hugh Hefner. Maybe we have not all heard their names but, it depends on our interests. Of course now we have reality a contestant infamous for being a seriel dumpee - this one wants to be a star. Your comment above gives her also that opportunity. Great
    Hmmmmmm, I think Gilles was a bit exposed in the Sex In The City Movie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3392835;
    Hmmmmmm, I think Gilles was a bit exposed in the Sex In The City Movie.
    I haven't seen that movie. Hmmm.... was Gilles more exposed than Holly usually is?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3392902;
    I haven't seen that movie. Hmmm.... was Gilles more exposed than Holly usually is?
    He plays Samantha's next-door neighbor in LA. The one who likes to use his outdoor patio shower. Nude.

All I can say is, I'm glad the movie is widescreen.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I have been debating whether to post this or not. So please don't shoot the messenger. I think he is really good looking and a really good dancer.

I went to a viewing party Monday night and none of the women (11) had Gilles and Cheryl as their favorite. I did find this odd. I asked them why not and some said they got a creepy vibe from Gilles and some said they thought Cheryl had gotten "too big for her britches" (in case this is just a southern thing, it means snotty).

I will say that at times Cheryl has gotten a bit annoying, but I still really like her and I don't get the creepy vibe from Gilles at all. My top three are Melissa, Shawn, and Gilles and in that order. I will be happy if any of these three win. I would also be happy if Ty comes from behind by improving each week he stays and ends up being the dark horse. The rest I can take or leave. JMO

So, like I say don't shoot the messenger. I just found it odd that not one of those women had Gilles as their favorite. Oh.....and the women's ages were from 30 to little old me at 52.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3393644;
    I I asked them why not and some said they got a creepy vibe from Gilles and some said they thought Cheryl had gotten "too big for her britches" (in case this is just a southern thing, it means snotty).

I just found it odd that not one of those women had Gilles as their favorite. Oh.....and the women's ages were from 30 to little old me at 52.
    I'm with your friends. He's good looking, but I think he reminds me more of an off-the-strip Vegas lounge lizzard than a ballroom dancing Dancing with the Stars contender.

+ Reply to Thread