+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

It could be she's uncomfortable because this partnership is not going as well as she hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3393540;
    It could be she's uncomfortable because this partnership is not going as well as she hoped.
    BINGO, imo, I would not be surprised if the intensive practice has not been hard on their relationship. The coaching requires Julianne to CONSTANTLY correct her boyfriend, something which guys don't always like. I imagine she's fighting to maintain the balance in this relationship, which may be in that critical make it or break it stage. By this I mean: The honeymoon stage is over and will the relationship survive and go forward to marriage.

For this to be played out on t.v cannot be easy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3393538;
    Something about Julianne is off this season. This week was the first time she and Chuck looked like they had even any remote interest in being there. Last week Chuck looked like he wanted to run for the nearest exit and Julianne looked uncomfortable. Maybe they were expecting to be America's darlings coming on the show, or expecting something from the show itself. I don't think it'll lead to their careers sky rocketing if that's what they expected. I thought all along Julianne came back just to get her contract obligations done and over with. Julianne isn't the same loveable bubbly blonde she was when she first came on with Apolo. Maybe this season is humbling her that it's not all about her and her brother. There's other people in this race getting attention.

Chuck did improve on his foxtrot. That I'll give him. But I still don't see anything special about this guy.

I think you make some good points. I'm sure she thought they'd be better and/or more beloved than they are, but attention has gone to others this season instead for being good out of the gate or improving every week.

They are a pretty couple but there just doesn't seem to be a lot of spark when they are on the dance floor. Could be a combo of bad timing as both are busy with their other careers right now and having to dance with someone you are romantically involved with.

That said, I think they are here to stay for a while as her fans will carry them and others will like the relationship angle. I hope she doesn't stay longer than those that really deserve to go farther this year but I could see it happening.

You'd think that she would have prepped him better before the season started. With that kind of advantage, I would have expected Chuck to be a lot better than he is, or at least more comfortable about dancing in general.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I actually thought they improved alot th is week. If they keep going in this direction, I think they could actually be contenders. But I think its true that maybe they didn't think it through before the season began and are just now realizing that they need to step it up a bit. Plus, as Chuck said in the pre-dance piece, they needed some time to reconcile their teacher-student roles with their personal relationship. Maybe it wasn't the big advantage we thought it was afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3395103;
    I actually thought they improved alot th is week. If they keep going in this direction, I think they could actually be contenders. But I think its true that maybe they didn't think it through before the season began and are just now realizing that they need to step it up a bit. Plus, as Chuck said in the pre-dance piece, they needed some time to reconcile their teacher-student roles with their personal relationship. Maybe it wasn't the big advantage we thought it was afterall.
    Bingo--Well said! I also agree that many, including myself, assumed that their real life partnership would help. It almost seems to me like it's been more detrimental to both their performance and their relationship. I don't know this for a fact, of course, but it appears to be a struggle. All the other teachers go into it as the clear authority without the entanglements of a private relationship. I'd say that Chuck probably would have done better with anyone but Julianne--because the personal baggage and sensitivity would be absent. It would certainly be more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3395116;
    Bingo--Well said! I also agree that many, including myself, assumed that their real life partnership would help. It almost seems to me like it's been more detrimental to both their performance and their relationship. I don't know this for a fact, of course, but it appears to be a struggle. All the other teachers go into it as the clear authority without the entanglements of a private relationship. I'd say that Chuck probably would have done better with anyone but Julianne--because the personal baggage and sensitivity would be absent. It would certainly be more complicated.
    That's really interesting to think about Chuck actually being paired with someone else. I think I read a post on this thread a while back that Chuck was picked to do the show when Julianne wasn't going to be on this season, and that's why she came back? Anyway, I think you're right, it would've been easier for someone else to push him. I'm hoping that they are getting through it and Chuck's desire to do well on the show is motivating him to accept her role as the expert. This experience will probably tell them one way or another, though, if they're a good pair in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3395117;
    That's really interesting to think about Chuck actually being paired with someone else. I think I read a post on this thread a while back that Chuck was picked to do the show when Julianne wasn't going to be on this season, and that's why she came back? Anyway, I think you're right, it would've been easier for someone else to push him. I'm hoping that they are getting through it and Chuck's desire to do well on the show is motivating him to accept her role as the expert. This experience will probably tell them one way or another, though, if they're a good pair in real life.

I hope for that as well. I would love to see them do well and be happy on DWTS. I love seeing couples in love even if I don't know them and Julianne seems, from what I've seen, to be a great girl. They are one great looking couple.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I can only imagine what the athletes thought about Chuck's reluctance to do a backflip. Ty gets chased by bulls, Shawn has probably had a ton of injuries in her young career but keeps going, and LT has probably taken a few hits in his day. Their LH was overscored. Julianne needs to get tough.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

To be completely honest, I forget that they're even in the competition until someone mentions them.

+ Reply to Thread