+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Thyme;3383227;
    Apolo brought the sizzle! Still amazes me how the ice stays frozen beneath him.
    ITA! And with Chuck, there's none of that, IMHO. I'm so glad it's not just me. I originally thought these two would make my heart melt, but Chuck just doesn't do it for me. Julianne can do so much better. And it's not just because he's not a great dancer (Ty isn't a great dancer, but I just love how he tries!). It's also because of his attitude (again, IMHO). I didn't care for his "manly" comments about Derek and I'm pretty sure he threw out a thinly veiled negative comment about Bruno as well.

I don't know if it's been already said, but I think it would have been fun to see her paired with Ty. He's such a sweet guy, and between his earnestness (is that a word? ) and her great dancing and bubbly personality, they would have gone far. Not to the finals, but far nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3385113;
    I thought their scores were a little higher than they should have been. He just stood there and she danced around him. She needs to let him dance. and if he doesn't do well so what because at least he's trying and making an effort. They don't do much for me and I'm a big Julieanne fan. The whole thing just seems a little forced and awkward.
    Totally agree. Carrie Ann had the score right. 7's too high.

FORT Newbie

wonder how much practice they got this week...I heard Julianne in concert last night and Chuck was also there. Unfortunately they didn't dance...had my fingers crossed

FORT Regular

I used to be a Julianne fan. I thought what she did at her age was very impressive, but after the comments of the past week I have lost all respect for her as a professional. Being a professional means more than being paid for what you do. Being a professional means dealing with all aspects of the situation in a proper manner. Whining about someone's prior experience is not professional. Julianne, grow up.

FORT Fogey

As they are both touring they aren't practicing as much as the others. I think her fanbase will carry them for a while but I don't think they contend this season based on what we've seen thus far especially if practice time remains minimal.

I think these 2 have ALOT of petential - they do look good together. If they had the practice time and could really apply themselves as a pair - not just as a couple - they could well be strong challangers for the top 3-4
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3389469;
    Totally agree. Carrie Ann had the score right. 7's too high.
    I agree that 7 was too high, especially after hearing the comments from the judges.

How disappointing to find out about Julianne's and Derek's unkind attitudes, towards Melissa, it does seem so unprofessional to me. Once the producers have signed someone to the show, then the pros should at least be kind and civil to all; have some respect for the person. Especially to those who have been respectful to them.
    I am not surprised at Karina's and Mak's attitudes, they have shown this kind of thing before. As dancers they are great, but their attitudes are not.
    I think it is time to overhaul the pro list, the complainers might want to go elsewhere!?!
    I think it is difficult to be nice to someone who has totally slammed the show, such as the judges showing their bias with the Woz; but good heavens, they scored Cloris higher and her performance was horrid, classless, and annoying in the least. Fair it is NOT, they should be judging performances, and in my opinion, the Woz's performance was better than his score. Not that I support the slam he made, I do not.

FORT Fogey

Wow is all I can say everyone has a right to their opinons. Not everyone is going to love and hate everyone that others do. I think it speaks volumns that a lot of the professionals are coming out criticizing Melissa's prior experience. They are going to understand moreso than an average viewer just what gives people an upperhand. Is it whining, yes, but I respect all people's opinions because when you break it down most opinions can be viewed as whining and complaining to everyone with the opposing view.

FORT Fanatic

I think Julianne and Chuck are doing well. They showed a lot of improvement this week and to me, that is what the competition is all about.

They are such a gorgeous couple!

+ Reply to Thread