+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill;3385103;
    While I was watching them dance, I was thinking, "When is Chuck going to do something other than pose while Julianne dances around him?" So I was hardly surprised when the judges said the same thing.

What gets me about is that we know Julianne is a good choreographer, and we've seen that Chuck has great line and the ability to move. So why didn't she give him anything to do? Is she afraid to push him?
    I think that Julianne has been having partners stand and pose while she dances around them for a long time. Why they are JUST now calling her on it I'm not sure. But she's always done it. Apolo was a pretty good dancer on his own. Helio was an extremely charismatic guy who posed well while Julianne danced. Several of the other pros have caught on and started doing the same, but Julianne perfected the art, IMHO. In some ways, its an advantage that the male contestants have over the women. It's much tougher for a woman to stand and pose while her partner does the dancing.

FORT Fogey

I thought their scores were a little higher than they should have been. He just stood there and she danced around him. She needs to let him dance. and if he doesn't do well so what because at least he's trying and making an effort. They don't do much for me and I'm a big Julieanne fan. The whole thing just seems a little forced and awkward.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3385111;
    I think that Julianne has been having partners stand and pose while she dances around them for a long time. Why they are JUST now calling her on it I'm not sure. But she's always done it. Apolo was a pretty good dancer on his own. Helio was an extremely charismatic guy who posed well while Julianne danced. Several of the other pros have caught on and started doing the same, but Julianne perfected the art, IMHO. In some ways, its an advantage that the male contestants have over the women. It's much tougher for a woman to stand and pose while her partner does the dancing.
    I thought that Apollo actually danced--and I was amazed how well! Helio never did much for me, but he did do some dancing...wasn't that the season of MelB? I think she should have won.

You're definitely right about the male celebrities getting away with a lot more standing around.

Remember poor Derek dancing franctically around the post, Kim?

Their lopsided dancing abilities aside, I could happily live without seeing their goofy relationship "banter" ever again.

Plus, not a fan of Houghs, frère ou sœur. Chuck's...we'll call it personality... isn't doing it for me either.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Julianne's pants:

Did anyone else notice that at one point during her dance this week, she had to pull her pants up a bit? Not sure if that was brought on by all her shimmies and shakes or from Chuck doing a seductive tug on them.

My 8 yo son looked up at the TV and giggled and laughed when he saw her pants and all her wiggling. He also cracked up when Chuck moved his hips a bit. I asked my little man what his latin dance looks like and he wiggled and laughed. My 7 yo daughter held the hem of her nightgown and moved it side to side really fast. She thought the fringe pants were really cool, but not as much as some of the more sparkly, colorful outfits other women were wearing.

I hate to draw conclusions so early but I just don't see much drive from either one of them. Julianne seems bored and Chuck seems like he's there because he lost a coin toss. It's as if their sole purpose is to be the novelty "real couple".

There's still time though. Perhaps they'll perk up later.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Thyme;3387240;
    I hate to draw conclusions so early but I just don't see much drive from either one of them. Julianne seems bored and Chuck seems like he's there because he lost a coin toss. It's as if their sole purpose is to be the novelty "real couple".

There's still time though. Perhaps they'll perk up later.
    I think Julianne wants to be done with the show for now and instead of coming back in the fall decided to finish off this spring. Getting her boyfriend to do the show was a way to come back on and not look like she was backtracking on her previous statements of not returning. Especially since it'd fit into the couples angle ABC had. Both are likely looking for the publicity for their careers and I'm counting down the days when both perform on the results show. She looked uncomfortable last night and I wonder if Chuck poking fun at her brother and how feminine he felt over the salsa had anything to do with it. He looks bored, but am sure loves the exposure himself thanks to his more famous girlfriend.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-18-2009 at 11:40 PM.

I used to really like Jlianne's bubbly personality, but it is definitely gone. Maybe after winning, the challenge is gone, and it's just not fun anymore. New things to conquer. IF that's the case, then she should just leave.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3382904;
    While Chuck and Julianne are both physically beautiful people, the chemistry between them as dancers does not sizzle as it did with Apollo and Julianne or even gel as the chemistry between other couples when the pro is obviously a strong support for the celebrity's talent such as was the case with Maks and Laila.
    IA Bloomers. At first I thought their chemistry and schedule would give them an advantage. Unfortunately, their real life chemistry is not coming through my TV screen and their time together schedule wise doesn't seem to be working out all that great either. Julianne & Apollo's samba still gives me hot flashes and I'm not even close to menopause!!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3388139;
    I used to really like Jlianne's bubbly personality, but it is definitely gone. Maybe after winning, the challenge is gone, and it's just not fun anymore. New things to conquer. IF that's the case, then she should just leave.

I wonder if she's also a bit bummed out because her music career isn't going as well as she expected it to. (Not sure *why* she expected it to, exactly. As a singer, she's a great dancer, in my opinion ... but still)

+ Reply to Thread