+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 303

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

  1. #271
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by SkateMom;3428942;
    I kind of read that as sour grapes -- although it may have been him repeating what Julianne may be whining about in private with him.

    We have to remember to that just because the final two couples were Tony and Melissa, it is not "in any particular order" and Melissa and Tony may have had higher viewer rating that any of them that made it through last night.

    I think it made Melissa feel like she was undeserving of being there or having a bigger fan base.
    I don't know if Chuck was dissing her or not. I can't blame him if he's a little bitter. Maybe he's just giving a friendly warning to the other contestants. It's Chuck. Who knows what he meant.

  2. #272
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    482

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by SkateMom;3428942;
    I kind of read that as sour grapes -- although it may have been him repeating what Julianne may be whining about in private with him.

    We have to remember to that just because the final two couples were Tony and Melissa, it is not "in any particular order" and Melissa and Tony may have had higher viewer rating that any of them that made it through last night.

    I think it made Melissa feel like she was undeserving of being there or having a bigger fan base.
    I agree that what he said may have made Melissa feel like she was undeserving of being there. She was crying and I'm assuming it was because she felt bad about it. But no one knows better than Julianne how much the fan vote has to do with winning this competition. It hasn't seemed to bother her in the past when it's worked to her advantage. I would hope that neither her or her boyfriend would have sour grapes about that.

  3. #273
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3429029;
    I agree that what he said may have made Melissa feel like she was undeserving of being there. She was crying and I'm assuming it was because she felt bad about it. But no one knows better than Julianne how much the fan vote has to do with winning this competition. It hasn't seemed to bother her in the past when it's worked to her advantage. I would hope that neither her or her boyfriend would have sour grapes about that.
    I'm willing to bet Melissa's tears were more due to the whole emotion of her injury, being the fake bottom 2, and it being revealed she was safe. Maybe there was a little guilt, but I doubt there was much. She shouldn't have to feel guilty, the show made the rules, her fans kept her in. Chuck would have been gone long ago with anyone else.

  4. #274
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    482

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3429037;
    I'm willing to bet Melissa's tears were more due to the whole emotion of her injury, being the fake bottom 2, and it being revealed she was safe. Maybe there was a little guilt, but I doubt there was much. She shouldn't have to feel guilty, the show made the rules, her fans kept her in. Chuck would have been gone long ago with anyone else.
    I definately don't think she should feel guilty. It was out of her control. I think she may have been overwhelmed with the fact that viewers voted her to stay. She definately looked like she was expecting to leave. I just think Chuck's comment may have made her feel a little guilty even though I don't believe it was his intention.

  5. #275
    FORT Fogey MiniDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3429037;
    I'm willing to bet Melissa's tears were more due to the whole emotion of her injury, being the fake bottom 2, and it being revealed she was safe. Maybe there was a little guilt, but I doubt there was much. She shouldn't have to feel guilty, the show made the rules, her fans kept her in. Chuck would have been gone long ago with anyone else.
    ITA. Giving her the benefit of the doubt saying her injuries are real, pain real, last minute pull-out a necessity and having worked her ass off to get to that point, I am sure she was very upset about not being to dance live and then not making the vote! She may have really believed she was about to get the boot, Tony too! I see them as tears of relief to stay and the whole emotional drama and pain of the last 24 hours of the show.

    I really don't believe Chuck was dissing her either. I thought he was being genuinely complementary to Melissa as I went back to listen to him again. Chuck has a better personality than I think he is getting credit for. He posts group pictures on his twitter account of the dancers like they are all having a good time and get along well. I think Chuck was enjoying himself on the show.

  6. #276
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Congrats Julianne on making People's 100 Most Beautiful People. Mel also made the list. Congrats to both!! Beautiful women.

    I'm sure Chuck was upset he left but he really wasn't going to contend either way. I don't think it was meant to be a total diss but perhaps a compliment to her fans. I'm sure he wishes his fans would come through for him but I really think it was Julianne's fan base who kept them in it not his.

  7. #277
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3428759;
    Maybe Tom thought that we couldn't figure out that the three remaining were on Team Mambo when he stated that the first three who were announced as safe were all on Team Tango and he just wanted to make sure we were all well informed.
    Yep! I remember thinking, "Well, duh..." when he came up with that one. I ALSO noticed that he neglected to mention (hand-hand with his Team Mambo comment) that those 3 couples weren't necessarily in the bottom. Crafty, crafty producers.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

  8. #278
    FORT Fogey ducky2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3428850;
    I agree. I have often been very critical of Chuck's comments, but actually I thought that he was pretty gracious in his comments last night. He was COMPLIMENTING Melissa in my mind, not denigrating her. I was surprised at the positive tone of his comments and then he moved in into saying he was going on tour. I don't understand how his comments were being nasty or indicative of poor sportsmanship.
    I agree. While I didn't enjoy his dancing much, he seemed like an OK guy to me. And he definitely was congratulating Melissa last night.

  9. #279
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3429280;
    Yep! I remember thinking, "Well, duh..." when he came up with that one. I ALSO noticed that he neglected to mention (hand-hand with his Team Mambo comment) that those 3 couples weren't necessarily in the bottom. Crafty, crafty producers.
    They did that last year with team cha cha. Granted I'm betting those 3, or at least 2 of them, were close to the bottom 3. I'm betting Chuck, Ty, and Kim shared the bottom 3 spots this week. I guess it makes it more dramatic to have everyone from the same team in the bottom. Mark looked really nervous, so it would have been somewhat comical if the team dance led to him getting booted, since the Beyonce spoof was his idea

  10. #280
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    198

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    If anyone is interested, I just read on Chuck's twitter account (he is a funny guy) that they will be on Regis tomorrow morning.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.