+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

I am so glad Chuck is gone! He didn't do himself any favors by coming on this show. His personality is very ugly and his comments after being told he was out last night sealed the deal. Rather than focusing on his gratitude and love for Julian, he whined about Melissa's fan base and tried to put blame on the group dance for his exit. What a tool!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3428685;
    I am so glad Chuck is gone! He didn't do himself any favors by coming on this show. His personality is very ugly and his comments after being told he was out last night sealed the deal. Rather than focusing on his gratitude and love for Julian, he whined about Melissa's fan base and tried to put blame on the group dance for his exit. What a tool!

In Chuck's defense, Tom made at least one remark that set that up. When they got down to the last 3 couples, he clearly remarked that they were ALL on TEAM MAMBO and one of them was going home. Chuck is not stupid! Maybe Tom was being dramatic and funny, but the implication was that it was because the team dance fell so short behind Team Tango.

When Chuck picked up on what Tom said, Tom moved in rapidly to de-fuse the situation he caused by focusing the emphasis back onto the fact that Chuck epitomizes the kind of improvement the show stands for.

I blame that one on Tom! Chuck just followed right in behind Tom.

Maybe Tom thought that we couldn't figure out that the three remaining were on Team Mambo when he stated that the first three who were announced as safe were all on Team Tango and he just wanted to make sure we were all well informed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3428759;
    Maybe Tom thought that we couldn't figure out that the three remaining were on Team Mambo when he stated that the first three who were announced as safe were all on Team Tango and he just wanted to make sure we were all well informed.
    He was being the "reality" host in making one of those blunt, honest, meaningful statements that is supposed to be true and make people uncomfortable. I don't think he was expecting it to come back and bite him in the fanny like that or that quickly. I thought it was kind of funny to see Tom scrambling around. He is usually so in charge of everything.

FORT Fan

what were his comments????

Quote Originally Posted by cyn2much;3428779;
    what were his comments????
    basically that Melissa was still there because she had a bigger fan base.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I didn't catch the one about the group dance..but when he talked about how Melissa's fan base must be huge...it really kinda rubbed me the wrong way. My immediate thought was that his comment did NOT make him sound so nice. So when everyone went up to hug him after the last dance I was watching to see how he would react to Melissa and was shocked at how obvious he was at brushing her off and I thought the same thing...what poor sportsmanship! and.....what a tool!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3428789;
    I didn't catch the one about the group dance..but when he talked about how Melissa's fan base must be huge...it really kinda rubbed me the wrong way. My immediate thought was that his comment did NOT make him sound so nice. So when everyone went up to hug him after the last dance I was watching to see how he would react to Melissa and was shocked at how obvious he was at brushing her off and I thought the same thing...what poor sportsmanship! and.....what a tool!!
    Wow - I didn't notice that - thanks for posting that.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

To me, Chuck was simply being frank, not rude. He was up against someone who had scored way lower than him, yet he went home. Tom threw him the question, and he answered as directly as he could knowing that he had about 30 seconds to get it in. During it, he even gave props to Melissa for cultivating such a fan base, something he is still working on in his day job, let alone on this show.

Was what he said untrue or inaccurate? Nope.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

It's one of those things where you should watch and decide for yourself. Otherwise, pick one of the folowing:

a) Chuck whined about Melissa's fan base.
    b) Chuck gave Melissa credit for having the fan support to overcome a 5 point spread.

+ Reply to Thread