+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

I don't think he, or Julianne, are really that great in the singing department. But more power to her, as I know that's a huge passion of hers. Though I'm kind of put off in some interviews where she seems to go out of her way to explain the show didn't inspire her to become a singer, it's what she always wanted to do. That could be true, but hopefully she doesn't forget that without the show, it's likely she wouldn't be where she's at with her singing career. I just don't like how sometimes she tries and puts the show down like she's trying to distance herself from it.

FORT Newbie

I know when they were younger, Mark, Julianne, and Derrick all had a band together.

Love is Telling Her Dad You're Sorry:

Chuck Wicks Apologizes to Julianne Hough's Dad for Racy Moves
    Monday April 27, 2009

Chucks Wicks says he didn't mean for Dancing With the Stars to turn into Dirty Dancing last week.

While performing the samba with his partner (and real-life girlfriend) Julianne Hough, he accidentally grabbed her bosom.

"I have to clear it up -- it was by accident!" he said Monday on 104.3MYfm's Valentine in the Morning in L.A.

He says that he didn't have much time to rehearse last week due to his grueling music schedule.

"I was sweating it. I didn't know the dance all the way yet," he explains. "We go in there, and we just kind of wing it. I knew the steps, but everything else was kind of thrown out the window."

"I didn't even realize [I made the suggestive move]," he says. "And neither did she!"

When they watched it on YouTube, "we put it on pause and we were like, 'Oh yeah, I guess I did do that!'" he says.

Wicks feels bad. "Just letting you know, especially her father, Bruce Hough, I am very sorry," he says.

As contestants whittle down, Wick admits he is getting nervous.

"I was worried the first week - I am worried every single week!" he says.

News - Chuck Wicks Apologizes to Julianne Hough's Dad for Racy Moves | Usmagazine.com
    Last edited by BritLit; 04-27-2009 at 05:56 PM.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

I so hope these two get eliminated tomorrow. I was liking Julianne in the beginning more than last season, but she's back to annoying me again. I think she's getting on Chuck's wave length of buying into her own hype and fan base and thinking she'll be untouchable. Plus, I like Ty more, and I don't think Chuck is that much better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3426695;
    I so hope these two get eliminated tomorrow. I was liking Julianne in the beginning more than last season, but she's back to annoying me again. I think she's getting on Chuck's wave length of buying into her own hype and fan base and thinking she'll be untouchable. Plus, I like Ty more, and I don't think Chuck is that much better than him.
    I keep reading that people are annoyed by Julianne these days and I wonder why? I've watched her for all her five seasons on the show and besides the first season where she was a rookie, I haven't seen too much change in her from season 5 till now.

Maybe she just has a very YMMV personality? I find her to be very bubbly and still girlish and could it be that after a while it rubs some people the wrong way? I've read from people too that she's complaining more or is more defensive than previous seasons etc etc. But to me, it seems like if you don't like a particular person then you're more likely to be negative towards them and be more nit picky of anything they say or do.

Again unless I'm missing something, she seems to be pretty much the same person as she was in previous seasons, except some people might be tired out by her personality. To me, she still is and always has been quite humble and she's always grateful for her fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3426799;
    Again unless I'm missing something, she seems to be pretty much the same person as she was in previous seasons, except some people might be tired out by her personality. To me, she still is and always has been quite humble and she's always grateful for her fans.
    I agree with this, she is the same sweet personality that she has been from be beginning. I think the difference this season is she is dancing with her love interest, she is a bonefide country singer/entertainer and she has basically matured and blossomed over the seasons. She has other interests besides dancing now which could be distracting.

Chuck and Julianne danced great last night. It was Chuck's best dance all season and he has really improved to the point he trying to edge his way to the top. I loved the brilliant blue costumes and PJ's -- much better than last week's flaming red. He needs to do something with his facial expression which even CA pointed that his chin was down. He looks like he is going "duh" when he dances.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I love Julianne! She has been a great choreographer and a real sweetie! I haven't liked Chuck much this season and I kind of hope he leaves tonight, but my feelings for Julianne are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3426799;
    I keep reading that people are annoyed by Julianne these days and I wonder why? I've watched her for all her five seasons on the show and besides the first season where she was a rookie, I haven't seen too much change in her from season 5 till now.

Maybe she just has a very YMMV personality? I find her to be very bubbly and still girlish and could it be that after a while it rubs some people the wrong way? I've read from people too that she's complaining more or is more defensive than previous seasons etc etc. But to me, it seems like if you don't like a particular person then you're more likely to be negative towards them and be more nit picky of anything they say or do.

Let me retract a bit. I loved Julianne in her early days, and felt sorry for her during season 6 when she got paired with Adam Carolla. Last season something about her personality seemed different. I guess with her switching interests to her singing, and being hailed as so popular, I just felt she devoloped a bit of an inflated ego and seemed stuck on her self. A lot of it was her attitude, facial expressions, being impatient with Cody, and comments. I do go back and forth on her, though. So I can't outright say I won't miss her when she's gone or I completely dislike her (I'm more in that territory with her brother and his BFF). She seemed more like the old Julianne at the beginning of this season, and again, I felt sorry for her because Chuck seemed to be making a mockery of what she's done for so many years and what got her where she is. But the last couple of episodes, I'm starting to feel a sense of entitlement again. It's hard to explain, I guess Chuck is another story.

His monkey faces remind me of Jim Carrey and that's not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3427636;
    Let me retract a bit. I loved Julianne in her early days, and felt sorry for her during season 6 when she got paired with Adam Carolla. Last season something about her personality seemed different. I guess with her switching interests to her singing, and being hailed as so popular, I just felt she devoloped a bit of an inflated ego and seemed stuck on her self. A lot of it was her attitude, facial expressions, being impatient with Cody, and comments. I do go back and forth on her, though. So I can't outright say I won't miss her when she's gone or I completely dislike her (I'm more in that territory with her brother and his BFF). She seemed more like the old Julianne at the beginning of this season, and again, I felt sorry for her because Chuck seemed to be making a mockery of what she's done for so many years and what got her where she is. But the last couple of episodes, I'm starting to feel a sense of entitlement again. It's hard to explain, I guess Chuck is another story.
    I guess its just different perceptions, but I really don't see the ego or entitlement that people are talking about. I think sometimes what people may perceive as entitlement is really Julianne just being competitive and wanting to get the trophy for her and her partner.

Having watched many of her TV and radio interviews and seeing how she is around fans, I really think she's one of the most humble people around. Again maybe its just that some people are tired of her personality and perhaps of her getting more of the spotlight over other pros etc. and hence some things she may say or do on the show might grate on people and they'll turn something seemingly minor into a big deal and make it another reason to bash her.

Having read comments about her on other boards, stuff that Julianne has said or done during or after the show which I thought were nothing things, some people somehow interpreted that to indicate that she was being snotty and entitled, etc, etc and it became another reason to dislike her. For example the comment she made about Shawn and Melissa being the best females in the competiton during the Team Mambo practice, and all of a sudden some people jumped on that and immediately took it to mean it was a slight on Kim. Oh well, you can't please everyone I guess. I for one will miss her dearly though. I wish her luck in her singing career, but I'm going miss her so much from DWTS!

+ Reply to Thread