+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3417690;
    I'm a big country fan but never heard of Chuck Wicks before DWTS. I was also surprised that a professional performer wouldn't have more stage presence....so I did some research on Chuck this morning.
    Ok, on a show with a lot of people who aren't very big stars, Chuck really isn't much of a star. His only noteworthy concert performances have been as a warm up act, and he hasn't sold a lot of records.
    He is still pretty new to the country scene - has 1 album - but has done very well with his 1st hit........... ''Stealing Cinderella'' and then ''All I Ever Wanted'' - I won't be surprised to see him climb the charts more often in the future - OO and is presently on tour - in between his DWTS's committments as well.
    Last edited by Capegal; 04-18-2009 at 04:08 PM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Really enjoyed these two tonight - Chuck has come a loooooooong way
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3419593;
    Really enjoyed these two tonight - Chuck has come a loooooooong way
    That he has.

Still don't like the idea of him and Julianne dancing together, but that dance WAS their best, so far, and good for them!

I agree with others who didn't care for the blood-red costumes on 'em, though. I remember Julianne and Helio did a dance in blood-red outfits to "Rollercoaster of Love", too, but maybe the lights were different, or they used a slightly different shade of red and the spray tanner wasn't so heavy when she danced with Helio. I don't remember going "Ugh!" when the two of them took the floor. Also, as I recall, Helio was NOT wearing red silk pjs to dance in, either.

Chuck's outfit, the pjs OR the color, just did not work for me. And that red on Julianne in those lights with all that spray tanner did not work for me, either. They looked like survivors of a raging bull attack, or something.

Oh, well.

They did fine with that, and I did like it.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Chuck and Julianne did a great routine last night and he is working hard on his performance and he has greatly improved. His facial expression are so intense while he is dancing. The fact that they are in a romantic relationship skews their emotion and attention to the performance. We all expect so much from Julianne based on her past performance and wins, but I think she looks at Chuck through "rose-colored glasses" and it is challenging to train him. Their hard work paid off last night.

What ever were they thinking with their Flaming Red Pajama routine -- I think Chuck must subscribe to Fredericks of Hollywood.

This was the first routine that Chuck did where I really felt he lived up to his potential, and totally lost the inhibitions or snide embarrassment I can usually spot in him while he is dancing, and he was rightly rewarded for it by the judges. I see in him a lot of natural ability and grace, almost on par with Gilles, but the question is, will he continue to take this seriously, lose the self-conciousness and make the all-out effort to produce the kind of results he is capable of or not? I am curious what their next dance will be, presuming they make it another week (which they deserve, IMO).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3419681;
    That he has.

Still don't like the idea of him and Julianne dancing together, but that dance WAS their best, so far, and good for them!

I agree with others who didn't care for the blood-red costumes on 'em, though. I remember Julianne and Helio did a dance in blood-red outfits to "Rollercoaster of Love", too, but maybe the lights were different, or they used a slightly different shade of red and the spray tanner wasn't so heavy when she danced with Helio. I don't remember going "Ugh!" when the two of them took the floor. Also, as I recall, Helio was NOT wearing red silk pjs to dance in, either.

Chuck's outfit, the pjs OR the color, just did not work for me. And that red on Julianne in those lights with all that spray tanner did not work for me, either. They looked like survivors of a raging bull attack, or something.

Oh, well.

They did fine with that, and I did like it.

I think the push has been to make Chuck sexually appealing. The color red is generally considered sexy, so I think the idea was to have him in sexy red silk pajamas with his hands over her breasts. It sent a message to me!

However, that lighting in the ballroom was visually and emotively atrocious. It looked like somebody let off a red smoke bomb in there and at times was almost painful to watch.

Their last 2 dances have been much sexier to watch - even though last week's was a bit much, especially with those skanky hose Julianne was wearing. Somehow, I don't believe that Chuck has been thinking "girlie" during those performances.

I really, really enjoyed watching Chuck last night and think this was most definitely his best dance ever. He was determined to get his groove on and I think he did it with some of those moves! Let's see if he continues to pick up the pace or not.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

FORT Fogey

Definitely his best dance so far. I think he will also do well with PD which is still left for him to do. The real test will be when he has to do something that isn't masculine or sexy and he feels "girlie." I liked their dance last night a lot.

FORT Regular

Okay I must say I didn't expect him to do so well with the Samba but my 7-year old daughter did have to point out that he was making "monkey" faces when he danced!!!
    "The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope.

Quote Originally Posted by betteD08;3420204;
    Okay I must say I didn't expect him to do so well with the Samba but my 7-year old daughter did have to point out that he was making "monkey" faces when he danced!!!
    LOL, I didn't notice that. I'll have to watch the video to see for myself.

+ Reply to Thread