+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 303

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

  1. #201
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3414749;
    l disagree with others who mock this couple. I think they are cute and have good chemistry together and are obviously in love (or lust). Their Rhumba was quite good and definitely not too sexy. It is supposed to be SEXY and look like foreplay on the dance floor. If you watch the Ballroom Challenge, when the pros do the Rhumba it is far far sexier than anything seen on this show. In fact, I question Len's comments in this regard. He is supposed to be a former pro dancer and must know how sensual the Rhumba is supposed to be.
    I agree with you about their Rhumba. imo, It was NOT too sexy and for the first time DID exhibit some actual chemistry. I feel that it was definitely an improvement and was the reason the Chuck remains on the show instead of Steve-O. FINALLY Chuck stepped up and we did see some chemistry. btw: The whole things about it being "too sexy" was absurd imo, especially after seeing Lacey perform in underwear. Too sexy, Pfft. That was just theater, imo. Len decides that he needs to play that role once in a while, I just don't buy that he really felt that way, just don't.

  2. #202
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3414745;
    I tend to think that Chuck would not have been invited to do the show if he were not partnered with Julianne. Julianne has been very popular and has been a winning coach, I would not be surprised if she ONLY agreed to be on the show IF Chuck appeared on the show. The draw for Chuck to be on the show is that people like to see real life romance and they like Julianne. o.k. I am "people", lol, and I was looking forward to seeing them together and fully expected them to be so cute, etc. I was let down big time. Honestly, I think Chuck agreed to do the show because DWST is GREAT exposure for C listers, it has a proven track record. Chuck's career is stalled and I'm quite sure that he'd love to give it a boost.
    Absolutely. She came back to partner with Chuck. And it is great exposure so I can see why Chuck said yes.

    I have them middle of pack and that's where they belong right now. They really aren't as good as some of the frontrunners but might make it a few more weeks amongst mid-level dancers. Julianne has a big fan base so you never know how it will break down in the end.

  3. #203
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,989

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3414911;
    Absolutely. She came back to partner with Chuck. And it is great exposure so I can see why Chuck said yes.

    I have them middle of pack and that's where they belong right now. They really aren't as good as some of the frontrunners but might make it a few more weeks amongst mid-level dancers. Julianne has a big fan base so you never know how it will break down in the end.
    I think the Chuck and Julianne did not do well in the fan voting which is why you saw them in the bottom two (that is definitely indicated in DI - along with Ty). However, she just won that big award, they got very good judges' comments, and they had a huge country visiting star. It would have been very awkward for Chuck and Julianne to leave last night. (JMO)

    Steve-O, on the other hand, actually scored much higher with the fans according to DI (more in the middle of the pack), but his score was low with the judges, and he most likely should have been gone in the past, so he went instead.

    I always keep in mind that the producers reserve the right to tweak things for entertainment purposes. ( Paraphrased but their exact sentiment!)

  4. #204
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Julianne returned to the show (after saying she was not going to do it) when she found out that Chuck was to be on it.

    I happen to like these 2 - I think he has really improved over the past few weeks - and it definitely is something out of his comfort zone - not a natural at this stuff - but boy can the guy sing!! I happen to think he has a boyish charm and can sure see what they are attracted to in each other.

    Enjoying them alot.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

  5. #205
    FORT Fanatic BeckyQOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    575

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    i think that chuck/julieanne agreed to do this when it was going go to be showcased as a 'couples' season. then, jewel got injured so one third of their couple contingent was out. maybe the show didn't think they could sell the couples angle with mostly pros as the couples? just a thought.

    no matter what, it's definitely raised chuck's 'Q' factor.

  6. #206
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3414978;
    I think the Chuck and Julianne did not do well in the fan voting which is why you saw them in the bottom two (that is definitely indicated in DI - along with Ty). However, she just won that big award, they got very good judges' comments, and they had a huge country visiting star. It would have been very awkward for Chuck and Julianne to leave last night. (JMO)

    Steve-O, on the other hand, actually scored much higher with the fans according to DI (more in the middle of the pack), but his score was low with the judges, and he most likely should have been gone in the past, so he went instead.

    I always keep in mind that the producers reserve the right to tweak things for entertainment purposes. ( Paraphrased but their exact sentiment!)
    If what you said is true, it could also explain why there was no dance-off, because if the producers wanted Steve-O to go, closer scores in the dance-off, even by a point, could have changed the results.

  7. #207
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,024

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3414753;
    I agree with you about their Rhumba. imo, It was NOT too sexy and for the first time DID exhibit some actual chemistry. I feel that it was definitely an improvement and was the reason the Chuck remains on the show instead of Steve-O. FINALLY Chuck stepped up and we did see some chemistry. btw: The whole things about it being "too sexy" was absurd imo, especially after seeing Lacey perform in underwear. Too sexy, Pfft. That was just theater, imo. Len decides that he needs to play that role once in a while, I just don't buy that he really felt that way, just don't.
    I remember Trista Sutter got voted out early by the judges several seasons ago because she refused to do a sexy Rhumba. Which is it, do you want sexy or not? Make up your minds!!

  8. #208
    FORT Fogey Blues Songstres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    To me, there is a difference between sexy and sexual. What I saw with Julianne and Chuck was less about chemistry and sexy, and more about blatant sexuality. Even Lacey in her underwwear didn't evoke that blantantly sexual feeling from me. Not that I care one way or another from a moral point of view. But the sexy rather than sexual is more appealing to me. (Don't know about Trista since I didn't watch season 1, so I can't really respond to anything in regards to her refusal to do the sexy with the rumba.)
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09


  9. #209
    FORT Fogey Luvstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    1,375

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3414753;
    btw: The whole things about it being "too sexy" was absurd imo, especially after seeing Lacey perform in underwear. Too sexy, Pfft. That was just theater, imo. Len decides that he needs to play that role once in a while, I just don't buy that he really felt that way, just don't.
    I buy it from Len, he thought the dance by Julianne and Chuck was to sexual. Afterall he has known Julianne & Derek since they were little and even selected her for the show at age 18. Maybe he feels protective of her and who knows if he approves of Chuck? So much has been played up this year about Shawn being only 17 but Julianne is only a couple of years older!!!!!!

  10. #210
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3414911;
    Absolutely. She came back to partner with Chuck. And it is great exposure so I can see why Chuck said yes.

    I have them middle of pack and that's where they belong right now. They really aren't as good as some of the frontrunners but might make it a few more weeks amongst mid-level dancers. Julianne has a big fan base so you never know how it will break down in the end.
    Yep, I agree Julianne is well liked. I wonder if Chuck finally started to get over himself and LISTEN and learn from Julianne. He can at least re-hab his image if he continues to do so and maybe even move up in the pack.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.