+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3410933;
    I agree that Chuck and Julianne do not display any chemistry. But, just a thought here, could it be that since she is a devout mormon, that she is a virgin and they haven't actually had an intimate relationship yet? That would make things very awkward for them in these dances. Because she would be fine with pretending chemistry with Apollo and the others because that is part of dancing, which she has done all of her life. But, when it comes to someone she loves and is trying to stay pure with, it would be a whole different story.
    That's an interesting point. I don't know if religion is playing a part (or if Julianne is really as squeaky clean as she claims) but it could just be awkward for Chuck doing these sexy dances and moves with his girlfriend in front of the world. But then there are the non sexy dances he's tanked at, along with his comments and sissy boy rehearsal clips. I do hope DWTS doesn't break Chuck/Julianne up, because they seemed very in love and even in some press interviews still seem it. But I hope Julianne getting more attention than him doesn't damage his ego too much.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3410853;
    Girlsmom(and grandmother to the adorable Lucy)--there have long been rumors/stories about Tom Cruise's sexuality. That the reason he and Nicoloe had to adopt was because of his "other" sexuality. (not that it's a bad thing but that he has never admitted it)

And when he and Katy Holmes married the rumors came back multiplied. There were even some very nasty "jokes" about how much he paid her, etc.

So I think when people talk about lack of chemistry between him and Nicole it might refer to this.

As to how this relates to Chuck/Julie--I understand that private sexuality between two people does not always translate onto tv or a movie screen--but one usually can sense a strong "connection" of some sort.

I really don't get that from the energy I sense of Julieanne and Chuck.

He is really in a bad postition--he is trying to prove himself equal to his partner in HER area of expertise.

IMO that kind of competition played out in public is more often detrimental to a relationship than helpful.

IMO Julianne had a lot more chemistry with Apolo Ono than she has onscreen with Chuck.

That's what I picked up on anyway.
    Steppemaster:
    I agree with your point about Tom Cruise. (I get a fake vibe from him, but then I don't know him. All I know is that Nichole looked more like she was trying to keep from laughing than projecting a surprised sexually when that scene in the movie was shown.
    Julianne can certainly project that sexy vibe with her partners and yes, I do think that the problem is probably more with Chuck not feeling sexy in that venue. He's giving a great impression of a guy whose ego is badly wounded for a variety of reasons. Since he apparently can't produce the sexy vibe under those circumstance I would think that Julianne choreographs around it instead of playing it sexy in their dances. I'll refrain from further dissing of Chuck, I don't know him and have said enough. . . Except to say that PART of the scoring of some of these dances entails being able to project that sexiness, so it's lack should effect the scores.

FORT Fogey

People have posted here that they've *heard* Chuck sing--has anyone *seen* him sing?

I'd be very interested in what kind of energy he produces when he sings.

Maybe he's just one of those low-energy performers?

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3411210;
    People have posted here that they've *heard* Chuck sing--has anyone *seen* him sing?

I'd be very interested in what kind of energy he produces when he sings.

Maybe he's just one of those low-energy performers?
    You can look him up on YouTube under "Stealing Cinderella." That's what I did - BEFORE he was involved with Julianne and before DWTS. I think he's pretty good.

FORT Fogey

Beachmom--thanks but my puter doesn't like YouTube so I can't access his performances there.

My puter doesn't like video of any kind.

Would you say he has more energy when he sings than when he dances?

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3411227;
    Beachmom--thanks but my puter doesn't like YouTube so I can't access his performances there.

My puter doesn't like video of any kind.

Would you say he has more energy when he sings than when he dances?
    OY! steppemaster, you need a new puter then! I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed going to youtube and other sites. I've checked to see what the dances are supposed to look like, the variations, the current pro's dancing on past seasons and with their professional partners, etc. Yesterday I watched the finales from the past few seasons. It's been a lot of fun. Guess I'll go check out Chuck in a bit.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

I loved their dance last Monday night! It was so romantic set to the music that they danced to, considering that they are dating.
    Does anyone know who sang the song? I know it's called "Feels Like Today" and Rascal Flatts sings it but in my opinion the song did not sound as if it was country. It sounded like someone else besides Rascal Flatts sang it in a non-country way. Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3411394;
    I loved their dance last Monday night! It was so romantic set to the music that they danced to, considering that they are dating.
    Does anyone know who sang the song? I know it's called "Feels Like Today" and Rascal Flatts sings it but in my opinion the song did not sound as if it was country. It sounded like someone else besides Rascal Flatts sang it in a non-country way. Does anyone know?
    The show has their own band and singers that perform the songs so it wouldn't have been Rascal Flatts singing the song.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3411455;
    The show has their own band and singers that perform the songs so it wouldn't have been Rascal Flatts singing the song.
    Oh, okay. I always thought that they just played music for the dances. I didn't know there were singers singing during a dance. Thanks for the information. Where have I been?

maybe chuck's publicist reads this board...this certainly seems like a huge plug for chuck...at least they're interviewing HIM.

Chuck Wicks Says Marriage "Definitely in the Future"
    Apr 12, 2009 04:53 PM ET
    by Joyce Eng

Chuck Wicks ended last week's Viennese waltz down on his knees in front of galpal Julianne Hough on Dancing with the Stars, but that's just all for show for now. The country singer tells TVGuide.com that marriage is definitely in the cards and that he already knows how he's not going to pop the question. Find out what he's got planned and why he thinks this week will be his big breakthrough.

TVGuide.com: How are rehearsals going?
    Chuck Wicks: Good. I'm actually heading to Best Buy right now to get some movies. We're kind of bored, you know, after we practice, and we're running out of things to watch, so I'm going to go stock up on movies.

TVGuide.com: For a date night?
    Wicks: Oh my gosh! We need a date night. We spend literally 24/7 together, but I bet you 23 of those hours are working. The other day, we had five hours together so we went to the mall, saw a movie, had dinner together. It's the simplest things in the world that people take for granted and when you have them back, you're like, "We're lucky."

TVGuide.com: Is it hard for you to draw a line between being partners on the show and boyfriend/girlfriend?
    Wicks: No, but I'd be lying if I said we didn't have our moments where we argue about things. The first two days of every week when I learn a new dance are really tough for me because I get really frustrated. So she gets really frustrated. Sometimes we'll just have one of those moments where I just walk away to collect my thoughts to come back with a clear head and a better attitude. Sometimes that carries over after we're done, but we've been really good about catching ourselves and realizing that at the end of the day it's just a show and we're having fun. You're an amazing dancer and I'm horrible [Laughs].

TVGuide.com: Now that's not true.
    Wicks: You have no idea! I have so much pressure since we're dating and she's won it twice! I'm going to feel horrible if I can't at least have a decent showing and I'm the one that actually has chemistry with her.

TVGuide.com: You have the rumba next?
    Wicks: Yes. It's the dance of love. It's actually been a lot of fun for me because I get to get up close and personal with her and we already have that chemistry locked in, so I think that's an advantage of us. What's not an advantage is that I still have to learn the steps! But that's what I'm gonna try to bring this week not trying to think too much about the dance steps, but just being out there with Julianne and trying to bring that passion through. When I get out there, I think a lot, I get nervous and this week I think I might have a chance to put that aside and show raw emotion. ... As each week goes by, I just get more comfortable with the setting, with the nerves, and I feel like I'm finally getting to a place where I need to let it all go and see what happens.

TVGuide.com: Speaking of, I think some of your dances have looked like the first dance at your wedding. Then last week there was all the hoopla about you ending the dance on your knees. Is there something we should know?
    Wicks: I will tell you that we have a great, great relationship. We definitely talk about it. It's definitely in the future. It's one of those things where it's supposed to be a surprise! I'll tell you this I'm not going to do it on the show, but it's not like we don't talk about it or think about it or we don't know that that's the next step. All in due time. Right now we love where we are and we definitely want to grow from where we are. That's like the safest answer in the world, huh? [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: You already have a few dances in your pocket for your first dance.
    Wicks: That's true. I can't wait. Here's the cool thing: When most people learn to dance, they learn with someone they're not with. I'm already with mine, so the minute we're invited to a ballroom party, we're going to tear it up.

TVGuide.com: Are you OK with girly moves now?
    Wicks: I've gotten past the girly moves, yes. [Laughs] I figured: You know what, if I'm doing girly moves, there's not a better way to do it than next to her.

TVGuide.com: In the dance-off, do you think it's fair the judges get to score again, but fans don't get to vote again?
    Wicks: I've never been a fan of the dance-off. Here's the deal: At the end of the day, you can be the worst dancer in the world, but if you have the fans in your back pocket and you're going up against someone who doesn't have a big fan base but is a better dancer than you, it's not even going to matter. It's nice to get re-scored, but the fans should be able to re-vote. I wish it was done that way. If the judges are the only ones that can [have an opinion on it], then let just the judges' scores count. Don't factor in the fans. Let the dance count. Any time you do something for the first time like this, there are going to be holes they have to work through, but it's unfortunate that we're the season that has to work through it!

TVGuide.com: Does this affect who you see as your biggest competition?
    Wicks: After watching Gilles, you feel like everybody's fighting for second place. Obviously he's the one to beat because he's consistently doing really well, but at the same time, it's anybody's game. There are three people who are continuously getting 9s and 10s, but there have been two weeks where the lowest scorers haven't been in the bottom two. The hardest person to beat is myself. I can only control myself and how I do.
    Chuck Wicks Says Marriage "Definitely in the Future"

+ Reply to Thread