+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3407452;
    I think so. In his intro bit he mentioned he was one of the newest faces on the country music scene (or something like that). If Chuck's issue is looking girly I have to laugh, considering how much more masculine some of the pro male dancers and male contestants (past and present) are compared to him and they aren't afraid to let loose on the dance floor. It might do Chuck some favors to open up and go wild.
    I checked wikipedia and he only has one album and it just came out in 2008 so I would definitely say that he's pretty new.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3407039;
    I don't doubt that Chuck Wicks WANTED to do the show, afterall it is one proven avenue for many to be more employable in the industry. However, since he found out how tough it is, he has not responded well and is now at point at which he's unlikely to be able to capitalize on his DWTS appearances. So now I don't think he's probably so happy to continue doing the show. Too much work and humiliation with little career benefit.
    I'm bringing your post down, girlsmom, to join in this discussion, because I think you hit the nail on the head. I think he probably thought what Julianne did was easy (because the pro's make it look easy), and that he could nail it and raise his profile. I believe the "girly" comment is just his cover and, because he's now discovered it ISN'T easy, it's just a convenient excuse for "not giving the judges what they want." I've never seen him outside of DWTS, so he may be a sweet guy, but he's not coming across that way to me in this format.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Julianne says she is leaving the show for next season to focus on her writing and working with George Strait, announced on ET tonight.

ETA: Did not see karalotts post. My post is old news.
    Last edited by MiniDiva; 04-08-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3407709;
    I'm bringing your post down, girlsmom, to join in this discussion, because I think you hit the nail on the head. I think he probably thought what Julianne did was easy (because the pro's make it look easy), and that he could nail it and raise his profile. I believe the "girly" comment is just his cover and, because he's now discovered it ISN'T easy, it's just a convenient excuse for "not giving the judges what they want." I've never seen him outside of DWTS, so he may be a sweet guy, but he's not coming across that way to me in this format.
    Imsotired: I could have written your post word for word. His girly comment is just a COVER and IF he is a sweet guy he'd better change his tune because he sure isn't giving anybody that vibe. It's quite interesting that, as many people here who like Julianne and were looking forward to seeing her with her b.f., NOBODY is defending Chuck or his actions, NOBODY. Whoa, pay attention Chuck.:nono

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3407454;
    Maybe they'll make it to the end so they can perform their freestyle to his "Stealing Cinderella" before Julianne takes her leave of DTWS to travel down that long country road wih him.
    The guy CAN sing - look this one up on YouTube. I had heard it before because he was performing at a fair my dd was supposed to go to. She didn't.

I like Julianne a lot, and I'll miss her on DWTS (if I watch it again), but I don't think SHE's that great a singer. I was a little surprised to hear about her awards, but I don't know who she was competing against. I'm happy for her though, and if she concentrates on her singing, it will only get better.

I wish Chuck would watch what he says about the show in general. I wonder if Julianne is embarrassed when he says things like that.

Chuck Wicks says 'DWTS' good wedding day prep

Chuck Wicks says 'DWTS' good wedding day prep
    April 8, 2009, 2:51 PM EST

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough aren't engaged, but the country singer admits that performing with his girlfriend on "Dancing With The Stars" could be good preparation for a wedding day dance.

Wicks and Hough have been dating for nine months and are paired together on the show. On Tuesday's episode, after the pair finished their dance, he got down on one knee, sparking a bit of engagement buzz — show host Samantha Harris even asked Wicks if he had anything to announce to the audience (he said no).

While the two might not be planning a wedding, when asked in a recent interview if he considered "Dancing With the Stars" good training for a nuptial dance, he said: "I don't need to go on a show to train with her, but I don't fight that question at all."

Wicks said before the ABC competition, the only wedding dance staple he knew was the electric slide.

"When you go to weddings, and you hear 'It's Electric,' I'm that guy. I go out there. I start it off," he said.

But not anymore.

Wicks has now performed a waltz, a salsa, a foxtrot, a lindy hop and a Viennese waltz on the show with Hough.

The singer calls himself "a total goof ball," but said both he and Hough are taking this competition very seriously. Hough has already won "Dancing With The Stars" twice with other celebrity partners.

"This time it's a little more personal," Wicks said. "We've got a lot riding on this. I want to prove to her that I can do this, and I think, vice versa."

And Wicks admits that the exposure he's getting on the show is a huge opportunity to win over new fans.

"Let's face it, a lot of people have no idea who I am," said Wicks. "So this is a great way to say, 'Hey, this is what I do. I hope you like my music, and I hope you like the way I can try to dance.'"
    Chuck Wicks says 'DWTS' good wedding day prep - MSN TV

there are several things about chuck/julieanne that bother me, most of which have already been mentioned. the latest thing that got to me was the 'down on bended knee' thing at the end of their dance...chuck BARELY landed his knee on the floor for a nano-second...was he afraid of the entire gesture? was he afraid he'd jinx it? it was just weird. maybe it was just half-assed, like everything else he's done on the show...who knows?

as far as couple chemistry...not that this is a stellar example, but remember when nicole kidman/tom cruise did that freaky 'eyes wide open' movie and there were reports that they had to bring in coaches to help their sex scenes look steamier and more real? maybe real-life chemistry doesn't translate all the time?

I saw the Juicy Fruit commercial with Julianne last night - nice shorts...........
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3408589;
    there are several things about chuck/julieanne that bother me, most of which have already been mentioned. the latest thing that got to me was the 'down on bended knee' thing at the end of their dance...chuck BARELY landed his knee on the floor for a nano-second...was he afraid of the entire gesture? was he afraid he'd jinx it? it was just weird. maybe it was just half-assed, like everything else he's done on the show...who knows?

as far as couple chemistry...not that this is a stellar example, but remember when nicole kidman/tom cruise did that freaky 'eyes wide open' movie and there were reports that they had to bring in coaches to help their sex scenes look steamier and more real? maybe real-life chemistry doesn't translate all the time?
    Emphasis in bold is mine....didn't Nicole and Tom get divorced soon after they filmed this together? It shed light on an already strained relationship.

Wonder if Chuck is too insecure to be in Julianne's shadow? She's the dance pro. She's won accolades now in the country music industry. His fragile ego continues to get bruised week in and week out.

As mentioned previously, this has not been a good career move for him. Wonder if it will be a relationship killer, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3409395;
    Emphasis in bold is mine....didn't Nicole and Tom get divorced soon after they filmed this together? It shed light on an already strained relationship.

Wonder if Chuck is too insecure to be in Julianne's shadow? She's the dance pro. She's won accolades now in the country music industry. His fragile ego continues to get bruised week in and week out.

As mentioned previously, this has not been a good career move for him. Wonder if it will be a relationship killer, as well.
    I don't know about the timing of Tom/Nicole's divorce and that movie but watch Far and Away and you'll see that the chemistry between them was SMOKIN HOT!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread