+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Re: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3393545;
    Poor Shawn. She has a stalker that was arrested and a restraining order has been issued, Wednesday, March 25, 2009, against a man authorities claim tried to break onto the set of ''Dancing with the Stars'' to meet Johnson.

Man arrested at Dancing With the Stars studio
    I feel so bad for her, she is so young to have to be dealing with a stalker. Of course, a stalker is bad no matter what your age. I don't understand how people can get THAT obsessed with a person. Reading that story gave me the creeps and as a parent I feel for hers.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Good grief! I hate to read that. That's scary for her, especially the part where he thinks he's to have a child with her. If that was my daughter, I'd be tempted to handle things the "good old boy" way.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

If this were to happen, I am glad she is enough in the public eye right now, and in a safer environment that has flushed this nutcase out. Scary to think about it in just the normal daily tasks and availablility that was there.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3393691;
    Good grief! I hate to read that. That's scary for her, especially the part where he thinks he's to have a child with her. If that was my daughter, I'd be tempted to handle things the "good old boy" way.

I have to say that was my first thought too. We totally agree on this.

He is one messed up person.

How very frightening for Shawn and her parents. Hopefully ABC takes the initiative to provide extra protection for Shawn and Mark while on the premises. This young lady deserves the very best of treatment, she is a "star" athlete of Olympic status and should not have to fear for her safety in public. Be safe Shawn.

This is one freaky story. How horrible for Shawn to be the target of a lunatic. That nutjob got too close to her. I read that he was caught while already near or inside the building. I hope they amp up the security now.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Creepy. Here’s another article:

Alleged Shawn Johnson Stalker Arrested After Sneaking Onto Dancing Set - E! Online

Lildago, Mommyof2poodles ITA. I’ve heard police officers (off the record) say they teach their daughters/wives/girlfriends to handle it the “good ole boy” way.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3393850;
    Creepy. Here’s another article:

Alleged Shawn Johnson Stalker Arrested After Sneaking Onto Dancing Set - E! Online

Lildago, Mommyof2poodles ITA. I’ve heard police officers (off the record) say they teach their daughters/wives/girlfriends to handle it the “good ole boy” way.
    I just love "off the record". We have always told our daughter to do whatever it takes to stay safe if she found herself in such a situation. I have felt just creepy all morning since reading these articles.

I am glad she is good at keeping focused, that should help her cope. Bless her heart.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3393881;
    I just love "off the record". We have always told our daughter to do whatever it takes to stay safe if she found herself in such a situation. I have felt just creepy all morning since reading these articles.

I am glad she is good at keeping focused, that should help her cope. Bless her heart.
    OTR meaning they would not admit to saying it if repeated. Please understand I deplore physical violence and I'm not crazy about vigilante justice. However, well, you can figure out what I'm saying, I'm sure.

I know someone who tried the usual routes to deal with a stalker for 8 years. Often the stalker knows the laws and knows how to circumvent them. (They often have done it before.) She finally relocated to another state.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3393921;
    OTR meaning they would not admit to saying it if repeated. Please understand I deplore physical violence and I'm not crazy about vigilante justice. However, well, you can figure out what I'm saying, I'm sure.

I know someone who tried the usual routes to deal with a stalker for 8 years. Often the stalker knows the laws and knows how to circumvent them. (They often have done it before.) She finally relocated to another state.
    I did know what you meant, I just meant I am glad that they would caution their daughter etc. and of course they would not be able to admit it. I don't like physical violence either, but when our daughter started leaving the house without us, we told her to always be aware and if she had to do something drastic not to feel bad about it.

That is the bad thing about stalker laws, they are not always what they need to be. I am sorry your friend had to relocate, it is very unfair when the victim is the one that has to sacrifice.

+ Reply to Thread