+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Re: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan;3390166;
    I also haven't been overly impressed with Shawn (although I think she is adorable). I'm also wondering how she'll handle the sexier dances.
    I love Shawn, but I don't think she will handle them very well. I think she is too uncomfortable at this point. Who knows though, she may bust out and have a blast.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Shawn did manage to loosen up for the dance last week - from what we saw of the learning session - just maybe not as much as she could have. There is no reason that she can't do well with some of the latin dances - depending on how her 'pro' presents her. I think the wording of the judges may be a bit toned down for her - but the judgeing itself is on an equal plane with all of the other dancers.

Kids alot younger than Shawn dance alot sexier than we will be seeing on this show these days. I think she does have the ability to manage some of the sexier moves - as she becomes more comfortable with this whole process. Her age is a non-factor in all of this.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

To me it appears she has put on a slight bit of weight. . which just shows more because she is so short and tiny. But she is a mighty competitor. . . .to be sure!

I think she will be strong competition for Giles and Melissa. . .but I predict Melissa will win the day!
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

Shawn and Mark, you did an excellent job dancing last night. Shawn your support system in Iowa are cheering you all the way. Keep up the good work. We enjoy watching you dance. Good Luck.

I think Shawn and Mark danced really well last night. I am not a critic, just enjoy watching and I think they deserved the three way tie.

FORT Regular

I love watching her go she's got so much power packed into that tiny body. She's a great dancer with a great attitude. I do the ballroom suits her better than Latin so I'm interested to see her take on those challenges. My daughter is nuts for her!
    "The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope.

Quote Originally Posted by betteD08;3391286;
    I love watching her go she's got so much power packed into that tiny body. She's a great dancer with a great attitude. I do the ballroom suits her better than Latin so I'm interested to see her take on those challenges. My daughter is nuts for her!

I love this girl....she has such a good attitude and such a strong work ethic. I want to see her bust out a give those latin dance he!!.

I really want her or Melissa to win, but Gilles would be ok as well. He is a great dancer too.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

I think Shawn is doing a great job. She is so poised, but that is not surprising. I think she needs to loosen up a bit, show a bit more emotion as she still seems a bit stiff.

Poor Shawn. She has a stalker that was arrested and a restraining order has been issued, Wednesday, March 25, 2009, against a man authorities claim tried to break onto the set of ''Dancing with the Stars'' to meet Johnson.

A restraining order has been issued against a man authorities say tried to break onto the set of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" to meet Shawn Johnson.

Court records show an order was issued against Robert O'Ryan, who was arrested by Los Angeles police on Tuesday. According to documents that accompanied the restraining order application, O'Ryan was stopped by security at CBS Studios, the lot where "Dancing With the Stars" is staged, after he jumped on a fence on Monday afternoon.

Police later searched his car and found a shotgun and handgun _ both loaded _ as well as duct tape and love letters.

A sworn statement by Johnson's mother, Teri, states that she was told by police that he believed he was meant to have a child with her daughter.

Johnson, 17, is a gold medalist in gymnastics, and one of the celebrity contestants on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

She is "in fear of her life," her parents' attorney wrote in a restraining order application.

The application had sought protection for Johnson's partner, Mark Ballas, but he was not included in the restraining order issued Wednesday.

Her parents requested and were granted the restraining order on Wednesday. A hearing on whether to grant a lengthy restraining order will be held April 14.

O'Ryan, 34, is being held on $35,000 bail on suspicion of carrying a loaded firearm in public (a felony). Court records do not indicate whether he has a lawyer.

The records state that he told security guards and police that he packed up all his belongings and traveled to California from Florida in the hopes of being with Johnson.

A report by security guards at CBS Studios states that O'Ryan was carrying an expired concealed weapons permit.

A call placed to an ABC spokeswoman was not returned Wednesday.
    Man arrested at Dancing With the Stars studio

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3393545;
    Poor Shawn. She has a stalker that was arrested and a restraining order has been issued, Wednesday, March 25, 2009, against a man authorities claim tried to break onto the set of ''Dancing with the Stars'' to meet Johnson.
    I read this story this morning - how awful. I can't even begin to imagine how she and her family feel, much less Mark.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread