+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Re: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3374807;
    I don't mind Shawn at all, but Mark and his over the top facial expressions are what get on my nerves. I still picture the guppy face during Kristi's tango. I don't know who annoys me more with their facial expressions, him or Derek.
    Derek, for sure!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3379952;
    Derek, for sure!!!!!!
    I second that.

Just started watching DWTS last season, and really enjoyed it. I am especially interested this time because of Shawn as I'm a native Iowan, and loved watching her at the Olympics. I thought she did a great job, but was disappointed a bit in her choice of dresses. I'm a mom of a teenage girl and, although I know that "racy" outfits are part of the gig, I think they should have toned down the cleavage for such a young girl. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I thought it was over the top and didn't send a great message to the little girls that idolize her. Hope they rethink her wardrobe for future episodes.

Also an Iowan and a big fan of Shawn. What a grand accomplishment to win a Gold Medal at the Olympics. She did good in her dance. Yes I agree maybe the style of clothes could be a little less sexual for a 17 year old but when watching the younger ballroom dancers they do wear rather revealing clothes.

Good Luck Shawn from all of us in Iowa. We are rooting for you!

I think Shawn and Mark will do good. Mark seems like he's a lot of fun, so they should have a good chemistry. Shawn is just a doll.

Quote Originally Posted by She2kat;3377946;
    But if you're old enough do you think Shawn looks like the "Chatty Cathy Doll"
    Now that you mention it, she sure DOES look a lot like "Chatty Cathy"!

And, yup, I HAD one!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Did anyone see them on Ellen yesterday? They were very good. Shawn certainly is down to earth and matter of fact about the dancing. I'm guessing that's the way she approached gymnastics too.

If she can keep her ego out pof it she'll probably go far-that's what most great athletes do--concentrate on prepping/training and on performance and not very much about "who they are."

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3382203;
    Did anyone see them on Ellen yesterday? They were very good. Shawn certainly is down to earth and matter of fact about the dancing. I'm guessing that's the way she approached gymnastics too.

If she can keep her ego out pof it she'll probably go far-that's what most great athletes do--concentrate on prepping/training and on performance and not very much about "who they are."
    I wish I had seen it. I just love this girl. I read an article that stated that most elite gymnasts practiced on average of 40 hours a week and she said she works out 4 hours a day, six days a week. One hour for each event. One of the coaches for Team USA said he thought that is why she was as good as she was. She is a well rounded young lady. She goes to regular school and has school friends. He said that didn't take away from the girls who were tutored and spent more hours at the gym, just that for her more balance seemed to work best. I am amazed at gymnasts, they make it look easy and I'm sure we all agree it is anything but easy.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

I only hope the judges don't keep pointing out her age like they did with Corey (I think that was his name) last season. I think she'll make it far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3382566;
    I only hope the judges don't keep pointing out her age like they did with Corey (I think that was his name) last season. I think she'll make it far this season.
    I hope the don't too. That was so annoying. I bet they will though.

I think she will go very far as well. Partly because competition is nothing new for her and she will handle that better than some younger people would, well I guess even older contestants too. For example Denise looked to be having a hard time with the stress of it all. Shawn seemed as cool as a cucumber. I loved how you could just tell she was having so much fun. And, I think she is a really good dancer and will improve each week.

She is just so cute.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

+ Reply to Thread