+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Re: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3396813;
    Oh, good grief. Hopefully she has the sense to follow Tom's lead (when he said "no comment"...but he did go on to say that sometimes "no comment" is a comment).

Then again, the show is live and she does have a mic.

I'll be very pissed if anything is mentioned on the show about this extremely serious REAL LIFE issue. Not only would it be "not right", but I'm quite worried that the laws are not strict enough.
    I think anyone with common sense would agree with you. If Samantha even hints at it, it is time for her to go on to another reality show.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I just want to go on record saying I adore Shawn. (and not in a stalkerish way) She was my pre-show favorite, and nothing she has done so far has changed that. I hope she goes all the way.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

This is Samantha we're talking about. The woman who can keep talking even though she unintentionally says the wrong things without realizing it and gets people laughing at her or insults someone but keeps going anyway. Then can't figure out everyone's reactions. Hopefully the producers have enough common sense to tell everyone not to bring it up.

I think if she mentions it, it's because the producers TOLD her to mention it which would not surprise me in the least. I think Samantha's great so I'm confused as to why people are always so negative about her She's totally adorable and I thought she did a great job handling Chloris last season.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3397169;
    I think if she mentions it, it's because the producers TOLD her to mention it which would not surprise me in the least. I think Samantha's great so I'm confused as to why people are always so negative about her She's totally adorable and I thought she did a great job handling Chloris last season.
    I actually thought Cloris got the best of her. At times she looked like she was taking over the interview and Samantha didn't know how to handle her antics.

Samantha for me is too teleprompter and can't really balance Tom. Tom needs someone who can crack jokes with him and make comebacks. Not someone who makes a joke without realizing it and then thinks people are laughing at something else. She doesn't show much emotion, and just looks too serious for this job. I don't know, I guess I can't explain it, but I'll sign the 'bring Drew Lachey back' petition if there was one. I was disappointed when I read season 1 pro Charlotte Jorgensen wanted to co-host the event and they went with Samantha instead. To be honest, I think this show would be fine without a co-host.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-30-2009 at 05:09 PM.

FORT Fogey

I would hope Sam doesn't say anything. She should know better. Maybe the show will tell her not to say anything but hopefully it would go without saying they you don't ask her about her stalker. Add in that she's a minor and it should be even more of a no-no. If Sam does say something I think we might see Mark take over and put a really quick end to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3397324;
    I would hope Sam doesn't say anything. She should know better. Maybe the show will tell her not to say anything but hopefully it would go without saying they you don't ask her about her stalker. Add in that she's a minor and it should be even more of a no-no. If Sam does say something I think we might see Mark take over and put a really quick end to it.
    Tom B. said on the news that the producers have instructed them not to say anything about the situation. Good decision, imo.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3397325;
    Tom B. said on the news that the producers have instructed them not to say anything about the situation. Good decision, imo.
    I'm happy to read that. Excellent decision.

That could work against her should the case go to trial if they bring it up, so I'm happy the producers had enough common sense to respect Shawn and her privacy.

Yes, and those orders apply to anyone/everyone connected to the show. Contestants, pros, staff, etc.

+ Reply to Thread