+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Re: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3394808;
    That's a very scary thought indeed - I remember that as well. She was on 'My Sister Sam' with Pam Dawber.
    I remember that, too. Thia whole thing is very creepy. My prayers are with Shawn and her family.

This whole thing is so shocking. I wonder if this sicko had been obsessed with Shawn before or if her appearance on DWTS brought him out. I would not be surprised if she's had to be protected from this before due to her Olympic fame.

Court documents indicate he had been following her actions since the Beijing Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3395005;
    This whole thing is so shocking. I wonder if this sicko had been obsessed with Shawn before or if her appearance on DWTS brought him out. I would not be surprised if she's had to be protected from this before due to her Olympic fame.

I heard on a news report that he became interested in her during the Olympics. Someone has already stated this, but it was a good thing that his obssession didn't become so frenzied until she was on DWTS. Seeing her on DWTS may have spurned it on, but at least when he decided to make his move she was in a somewhat protected area (with security) instead of when she was at home, just living her normal life. Shawn, as old as she is, doesn't seem as jaded as a lot of teens her same age, & it's fortunate that she's has her family & her DWTS family to hep her through all of this.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Shawn seems like a very nice, well-adjusted girl who presents herself very well. I was sure rooting for her at the Bejing Olympics. She sort of reminds me of Mary Lou Retton at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3395049;
    Shawn seems like a very nice, well-adjusted girl who presents herself very well. I was sure rooting for her at the Bejing Olympics. She sort of reminds me of Mary Lou Retton at that age.
    I agree with the whole post. I just loved watching her and was so hoping she would win the all around gold, but at least an American did.

I love Mary Lou Retton and I see so many similarities between the two. Both of them short little compact powerhouses. And both beautiful girls.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3395046;
    I heard on a news report that he became interested in her during the Olympics. Someone has already stated this, but it was a good thing that his obssession didn't become so frenzied until she was on DWTS. Seeing her on DWTS may have spurned it on, but at least when he decided to make his move she was in a somewhat protected area (with security) instead of when she was at home, just living her normal life. Shawn, as old as she is, doesn't seem as jaded as a lot of teens her same age, & it's fortunate that she's has her family & her DWTS family to hep her through all of this.
    I agree, I'm sorry this has to happen to her at all but probably better it happened now with her being on the show than at home. It's scary to think what could have happened if Shawn was just walking down the street in her hometown with this sicko stalking her. I saw some video footage of him and he's one creepy looking guy. Hopefully he won't be seeing the outside of a prison anytime soon. Even then I hope he has to undergo some psychiatric treatment because these obsessions usually don't just go away. It does make me go back and wonder about Shawn's age and how they now might have to handle comments being made at her and making sure none of her dances are too sexy for a 17 year old.

I'm enjoying watching them dance so much, especially last week, the way Mark looked at her so fondly (and I didn't see it as anything other than a student/teacher-type look!) when they were dancing. I hope this horrible situation doesn't affect her concentration. I don't think it will. She's used to a lot more with the Olympics. But I really hope she can tune this out completely and go back to being the great dancer she is learning to be.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I just hope no one (*cough* Samantha *cough*) brings it up and puts Shawn on the spot regarding the issue. Shawn has a really good support system behind her through all of this, and judging from rehearsal videos she seems to be doing just fine. At least the guy is behind bars.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3396809;
    I just hope no one (*cough* Samantha *cough*) brings it up and puts Shawn on the spot regarding the issue. Shawn has a really good support system behind her through all of this, and judging from rehearsal videos she seems to be doing just fine. At least the guy is behind bars.
    Oh, good grief. Hopefully she has the sense to follow Tom's lead (when he said "no comment"...but he did go on to say that sometimes "no comment" is a comment).

Then again, the show is live and she does have a mic.

I'll be very pissed if anything is mentioned on the show about this extremely serious REAL LIFE issue. Not only would it be "not right", but I'm quite worried that the laws are not strict enough.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread